East Rutherford  is a Borough in Bergen County which is located in the northeast part of New Jersey. Formerly known as the township of Boiling Springs, East Rutherford was renamed on May 23, 1893 when it was purchased by the Borough officers of the East Rutherford Borough. There was no change in the territory, only in the government and name. East Rutherford holds a population of approximately 10,000 residents. The small town occupies approximately 3.9 square miles and also houses hundreds of businesses and restaurants.
- From RI/North: Follow I-95 South until New Jersey Turnpike South then take I-80 West and finally the exit NJ-17 South.
Be wary of the drivers as you come into NJ. They are apathetic to newcomers and will cut you off while you're looking around or lost. Also, be wary of the lack of stop signs in intersections and sharp turns on the highway.
- From RI/North: Take the Providence Amtrak Acela Express line to Washington Union Station. Take North Jersey Coast line train towards New York Penn Station. Then take Port Jervis line train towards Port Jervis. East Rutherford will be within walking distance.
East Rutherford is small and hard to drive through. When entering the heart of the town it is easier to get around on foot because the narrow streets are hard to drive through. Be aware that there are meters everywhere if you do decide to leave your car.
- The Downtowner Bus this service is FREE for all residents. The transit operates Monday through Friday. The last bus runs until 3:58 PM.
- Meadowlands Complex made up of the Meadowlands Racetrack, the Giant's Stadium, and the Continental Airlines Arena which host games and concerts annually. This draws in about a million fans with each year.
- Waterfront Cafe Miniature Golf, 1 Paterson Plank Rd., Carlstadt, course features 17 golfing holes. Food is close by at their built-in cafe so take a day at relax at Waterfront mini golf.
- Jerry's of East Rutherford, 340 Paterson Ave, Italian cuisine. Grinders and pasta are just a few of the delicious things you can find here. The staff is very friendly and is more than happy to explain what is in each of the dishes.
- Segovia Restaurant, 150 Moonachie Rd, Moonachie, Spanish cuisine. One of the top 120 restaurants in all of New Jersey. It offers a causal and friendly atmosphere. It specializes in seafood plates and appetizers. The restaurant can seat up to 160 people at a time and does parties for groups of 40 or more. The only downside to this place is that the decor is simple and the seats in the restaurant are too close together. Price range $15-$30.
- Chef Chan Restaurant, 238 Paterson Ave, Chinese cuisine. This place consistently has the best take out and the portions are huge. One dinner can feed up to three people so keep this in mind! Although it does not have a seating area, Chef Chan's makes up for it in taste. Make sure to have cash with you because this place does not take credit cards. They also deliver, the delivery is always prompt and correct. Don't forget to tip your driver!
- Taos Wok and Restaurant, 356 Paterson Ave, Chinese cuisine. Tao's is a sit down restaurant. They also have a full bar. Remember to go for happy hour, you can sample many delicious cocktails and martinis. The decor has an Asian style to it, it is dark but beautiful and tasteful. Prices are in the middle range for this place.
- New Park Tavern, 250 Park Ave, a nice friendly atmosphere for friends to sit down and have a few drinks. The pizza is very good!
- Euro Lounge Cafe, 185 River Rd, North Arlington, great for dinner, drinks, or dancing.
- Sheraton Meadowlands Hotel and Conference Center, 2 Meadowlands Plz, 4 miles away from Manhattan. Rooms are on the smaller side but very comfortable and clean. Offers a pool with a whirlpool, as well as a full gym. Only downside is that there is nothing directly around it.
- Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, 850 Paterson Plank Rd, about 6 miles away from New York City. Good place for travelers.
- Homestead Suites Meadowlands-Ruthford, 300 State Highway, approximately 10 miles away from Manhattan. This is a great place if you are traveling to NY for the day. It is on the cheaper side but the hotel is clean and decent for its price.