Duxbury is a city in Massachusetts. It is one of the wealthier communities in the South Shore region.
From Boston take I-93 south to Route 3. Route 3 passes through Duxbury with exits onto Route 14 and Route 3A.
- Art Complex Museum, 189 Alden Street, Phone: +1 781-934-6634, Fax: +1 781-934-5117, Email: mailto:[email protected], . W-Su 1PM-4PM. An 8,000 piece collection featuring prints, Shaker furniture, Asian art, and American painting.
- King Caesar House, 120 King Caesar Road. Federal style home built in 1808.
- John Alden House Museum, 105 Alden Street, Phone: +1 781-934-9092, . Mid May to mid Oct. M-Sa Noon-4PM.
- Myles Standish Monument, Crescent St., Phone: +1 508-208-0676 (seasonal), . One hundred sixteen foot high granite monument. Stairs to the top when open. Nice views open or closed.
Duxbury Beach, Route 139 to Canal Street. Over four miles of clean and well-maintained beach, mostly sandy but with patches of stones. Lifeguards, restrooms, showers, snack bar and luncheon restaurant. No alcohol; barbecues allowed with permits available from the bathhouse. Public parking for 1400 cars.
- Duxbury Bay Cranberries, 700 Franklin St., Phone: +1 781-834-8657, Email: [email protected] Fresh cranberries for sale on order or via pick-your-own in season.
- Snug Harbor Fish Co., 459 Washington St., Phone: +1 781-934-8167. Mostly local fish, including a dine-in menu.
- The Sun Tavern, 500 Congress Street (Rt 14), Phone: +1 781-837-4100, ]. Tu-Th 5PM-9PM, F 5PM-10PM, Sa 4PM-10PM, Su 3PM-9PM. Fine dining or pub with fine, fresh ingredients.
- French Memories, 459 Washington St., +1 781-934-9020. Great bakery with gourmet sandwiches and salads, too.
- Dunkin' Donuts, 5 Chestnut St., +1 781-934-9492.
- Milepost Tavern Restaurant, 581 Tremont St., +1 781-934-6801.
- Duxbury Tall Pines, 585 Lincoln Street, ☎ (781) 837-3346, . A delight. edit
Bed and Breakfast
- Powder Point Bed and Breakfast, 182 Powder Point Ave., +1 781-934-7727. 4 rooms. $140-330.
- Winsor House Inn, 390 Washington St., +1 781-934-0991. 4 rooms. $110-$210.
Plymouth's attractions are just to the south. Boston and Cape Cod are well within range of day trips.