Durmitor is a national park in the North Montenegrin Mountains. Rafting down the Tara Gorge, the deepest gorge of Europe, is one of the most spectacular activities in the country. The park is on the World Heritage List of UNESCO.
Durmitor National Park contains the deepest river canyon of Europe(Tara Canyon).
Flora and fauna
- 3€ per day
- 3€ per tent in dedicated locations
- Go rafting.
- Go Hiking. There are many peaks with magnificent views. For examples
- Savin kuk (2313m) : accessible using a chairlift (you still have to climb one hundred meters on foot)
- Crvena greda (2164) : "the red rock", count 7 hours for a loop starting from Žablak (with a car you can save 90 minutes)
- Bobotov kuk (2523m) : highest peak, not to be underestimated, can be easier accessed from sedlo or combined with a night in tent at veliko škrčko jezero lake (easier accessed from šarban)
- Rent a bicycle and go to
- Sedlo : nice view but climbing 500m
- Canyon viewpoint near Čurevac on the road to Govede jezero lake
Eko Rafting Piva has apartments in wooden houses overlooking the river.
Some of the rafting companies offer camping facilities.