Downingtown is a city located in Chester County
- Population: 7,589
- 33 miles west of Philadelphia
- Median household income: est. $53,469
- Average house worth: est. $561,500
The main mode of transportation is personal motor vehicle.
- The R5 Septa train line runs into the city to provide access for those who have jobs in the city but live in Downingtown, PA.
- Septa also provides buses that run transit from many locations ranging from West Chester, King of Prussia, Frazer, and even to the city.
- Taxi services are available but may take long since it is not a city atmosphere.
- Historic Sites
- Marelli Park: http://www.downingtown.org/parkS/marinelli.asp
- Waterloo Gardens (Exton) : http://www.waterloogardens.com/
- Waterloo gardens is beautiful at all times during the year. During the cold winter months it is decorated with christmas lights and other ornaments. In the warm summer months there are beautiful flowers ranging in every color. Big water fountains with lights in the fountains shoot high in the sky and the guests are encouraged to touch the water so it is great for young adverturous children.
- There are many great walking paths throughout Downingtown which take walkers along creeks and small rivers.
- There are many historical sites to see in Downingtown, PA including many different locations ranging from old bridges to houses that have been standing for many years and are now historic sights.
- Vally Forge is located a close half hour drive from Downingtown and provides a good bit of History on many of the military battles that have taken place in this area.
- Gettysburg is also located about an hour and a half away which too gives a fantastic backround on the battles that took place there. These places played an important part of the shaping of the country we live in today.
- Kerr Park
- 45 acres- Huge grass fields which are good for all outdoor activities.
- accompanied by Brandywine Creek
- athletic fields
- tennis court
- basketball court
- swing set and play area
- picnic areas with tables
- public restrooms
- aved paths with benches
- includes "The Sky's the Limit" an all abilities playground.
- Johnsontown Park
- 7 acres
- swing set and play area
- basketball courts
- Soccer fields are used in the summer months for practices and summer camps for young developing children.
- The pavilion allows birthdays and other events to be head here because it has a fire area and shelter from the sun and rain.
- Sunnybrook Park
- 2 acres
- softball field
- basketball court
- The Ponds
- 12 acres
- 4 lakes
- hiking trails available
- There is fishing available at the ponds which can be accessed by walking from the center of Downingtown.
- Marsh Creek
- A Pennsylvania State Park of 1,705 acres
- 535 acre lake
- Hiking- Many trails winding through woods in which mostly all bring you to another part of the park with water views along the way.
- Biking- some biking trails at the park are harder then others being as some are more frequently used and have been made more clear.
- Paved & Dirt Trails- For those who wish to walk but dont want to get dirty there are paved trails. For those who are more adventursome the dirt trails flow through most of the woods.
- Picnic areas- There are many picnic areas and pavilions with shelter and room enough to fit everyone needed.
- Refreshment Stands- Two refreshment stands are located in the park on is located at the bottem by the boat rental area and the other is located at the top near the pools.
- Windsurfing- Windsurfing is available by rental or you may use your own equipment.
- Swimming pool- There are a total two pools one adult pool complete with a water slide and diving board. The second is a small shallow kid friendly pool with a water spilling mushroom.
- Pet Friendly- All the paths in the park are welcome to pets.
- ports Lessons & Competitions- Summer camps included in this can be learning how to sail and races at the park.
- Public Restrooms- Locations of the restrooms are located at the top of the pool area and down by the boat rental area.
- open dawn to dusk
- United Sports Training Center
- USTC is a sports frieldy facility complete with 13 full sized athletic fields which host numerous tournaments. There are currently two turf fields and three lighted fields. One of the turf fields is enclosed by fence and bleachers in a stadium type setting.
- Parking lines all 12 fields so it is not a far walk for people when they are on different fields.
Education Systems: 
- Beaver Creek Elementary
- Bradford Heights Elementary
- Brandywine Wallace Elementary
- East Ward Elementary
- Lionville Elementary
- Pickering Valley Elementary
- Shammona Creek Elementary- It lies at the top of the hill on Moore Road with a light blue roof ontop of it. The mascot is the shamona creek sharks.
- Springton Manor Elementary
- Uwclan Hills Elementary
- West Bradford Elementary
- Middle School
- Downingtown Middle School
- Lionville Middle School
- High School
- Downingtown East High School- Located on route 113 and the crosstown rival of Downingtown West. It is a public school.
- Downingtown West High School- crosstown rival to Downingtown East and know for its sports. Like Downingtown East it is a public school also.
- Downingtown Educational Center
- Delaware County Community College
- West Chester University lies just a town over from
- Exton Mall
The mall contains a wide variety of shops for everyone and a well balanced food court with large eating areas. Most of the shopping can be completed here for this mall is a large mall with two stories.
- Pac Sun
- KB Toys
- American Eagle
- A & F
These are just a few stores featured here at the mall in Exton, PA.
- King of Prussia Mall
- less then a 1/2 hour drive
- 5th biggest mall in the world
- over 400 stores, restaurants & boutiques
- This mall is huge seperated into two different sections which are linked by a cover walkway through the parking lot.
- The food variety around the are of the mall is spectacular because it contains many resturants that are hard to find like Cheesecake Factory and Bahama Breeze.
- There is a wide range of parking surrounding the entire mall and all stores are well staffed waiting to service the guests needs.
- In Town Dining
- American Frank's Bar & Grill
- Victory Brewing Company- Local brewery and restaraunt.
- Cracker Barrel
- Coffee Cup- Old Style diner that has been around since the 1970's
- Lione's- one of the best pizzarias in town. Food ranges from pastas and fied goods to their specialty italian strombolies, breads, and pizzas.
Cafe is located in the center of downingtown and has a wide range of breakfast and lunch foods to choose from. It is a cash only old school resturant.
- Near-By Dinning
- Applebee's (Thorndale & Exton)-Bar located inside provided TV's for entertainment.
- Happy Days (Thorndale)- Diner which is located in Thorndale
- Ruby Tuesday (Exton)
- Bone Fish (Exton)- Good wine selection and also terrific foods that are made fresh and the seafood is never frozen so it is the best around the area.
- Fridays (Exton)- Typical fridays with a wide range of foods for the kids and adults that also has a bar.
- Red Robin (exton)- Gormet burgers and spirits. Assistant Kitchen Manager is Peter Kilty. Alcholic beverages are also served here.
- Brickside Grill( Downingtown)- Fresh seafood bar, Brick Oven to cook food fresh with the flavor of the fire.
- Unos Pizza(Exton)- Bar and known for their deep dish and flat bread pizzas. They also have a wide variety of pasta dishes and appitizers.
- Hosses steak and seafood (Exton)
- Victory Beer Brewing Company
- West Chester lies 15 Minutes driving distance from Downingtown and in West Chester there are many bars that you can attend.
- Local resturants in the area also have bars and serve alch.
- Edges Mill Inn Bed & Breakfast
- Throughout Downingtown there are many local resturants as well as resturants that can be found around the United States. If you are looking for a great pizza shop located right at the center of Downingtown then Leonies is the location for you. They have a variety of italian style food ranging from pizza, pasta, breads and other assorted dishes. They also have just recently added a beer take out center.
- Medical Practices
- Brandywine Valley Internal Medicine
- St John Vianney Center
- Villa St John Hospital After-Care Program
|Routes through Downingtown