ÁŮDoolin  is in County Clare, Ireland.
Doolin is a small village located on the north west coast of County Clare in the Ireland's Shannon Region. Until the 1970s Doolin was just a typical Irish village, but then Irish folk music became more and more popular all around the world, and one of the best Irish whistle players, Micho Russell, lived in Doolin. During the times that he was not on US tour or in the studio, he could often be found at the O´Connor´s Pub in Doolin playing with his two brothers. This attracted an increasing number of tourists to the village, which in turn lead to more pubs offering Irish music sessions. Though Micho Russel died in 1994, Doolin has retained its reputation as the unofficial "capital of Irish traditional music".
Although the village is full of tourists during summer, it is not like other tourist destinations in Ireland. People who go to Doolin do not just take a few photographs and move on, but get involved. They explore the local the culture and participate in the music scene. Consequently, the atmosphere is very friendly.
The village itself is just one street, Fisher Street. This is where most of the shops and pubs are located. Beyond that, there is a wide net of small roads that consists of the residential area. If you want to visit Doolin, due to the small population of the village and limited accommodation, you may find yourself staying 5 miles away.
There is NO ATM in Doolin village so come prepared!
- From Lisdoonvarna: Follow the L54 and the signs to Doolin
- From Ennis: Take the N67, direction Lisdoonvarna and turn left after 5km, follow signs to Doolin
- Coming from Galway on a clear day you might also consider taking the L54 route along Black Head and Fanore, which takes a bit longer but you have a beautiful view over Galway Bay
- At Doonagore Castle, just above Doolin, you have a wonderful view of the town.
- Roadford Restaurant, Traditional Irish Restaurant
- Food is served at all the pubs, and there is a small grocery store on Fisher Street.
- O´Connor´s Pub which made Doolin famous for its traditional music sessions. 
- McGann´s is a bit smaller but also has excellent sessions. 
- McDermott's has live music most nights and good home cooked food. 
- Aran View Country House, just to the north of Doolin. Bed and Breakfast and self catering accommodation. Long established and family run.
- Sea View House Bed & Breakfast. Sea View House in Doolin village is the home of the Hughes Family. It is a unique and luxurious bed and breakfast superbly located in its own grounds on a hillside overlooking the Atlantic ocean, the Allie river and the beautiful Doolin countryside. Best of all, step outside the door and it's just a few hundred feet to O'Connor's Pub. Tel: +353 65 7074826 (€39.00)
- Doolin Hostel . Paddy's Doolin Hostel is in the center of Doolin and within 10 minutes walking of all music pubs and restaurants, overlooking Fisherstreet, closest to O'Connors pub, the sea, Doolin Pier for trips to the aran Islands and the Cliffs of Moher cruises in season. The Cliffs start 250 meters from the door. Bus Eireann buses daily from the hostel. Doolin hostel is spacious has dormitory rooms up to 8 persons, but mostly private rooms with shower and toilet. There is a small shop on site, Bureau de Change, large fully equiped kitchen, dining room and sitting room. Tel; ++353 65 7074221, Prices from €16pps
- Aille River Hostel. Tel: +353 65 7074260 Beautiful small hostel situated at the river, very friendly staff!
- Fisherman's Rest  Fisher Lane (off Fisher Street), tel: +353 065-7074673, email: [email protected] Quiet central location, good small but clean rooms with en suite bathrooms. €30 per person with very good breakfast. Friendly colorful host.
- Dubhlinn House B&B Joan & Martin Reilly run a friendly, spacious B&B in centre of village. Prices from €33 per person, 6 options for breakfast Tel: +353 65 7074770 Email: [email protected]
- Daly's House B&B Susan Daly operates a very nice, high quality B&B very near O'Connors Pub. Prices €35-38 per person Tel: +353 065 7074242 from the U.S. 011-353-65-7074242 Email: [email protected]
- Celtic jewellery made in Doolin 
- Village Crafts Shop: A variety of crafts and souvenirs 
- Nearest ATM: ennistymon or cliffs of moher visitor centre
- Riverside Cottage, Fisher St, ☎ 00353878187421. Renovated 1850 cottage in the hearth of Doolin. edit