Dominical is a city in South Costa Rica.
Usually people only need directions from the capital airport, SJO. There are three ways to get to Dominical, not counting the sea.
Via Costanera, Via Cerro de la Muerte or via Domestic flights to Quepos airport or Palmar del Sur.
Most people choose to drive, take a shuttle or use public transportation.
If you come from the metropolitan area or airport there are daily shuttles and busses that passed by bellow see the list:
- Easy Ride offers daily shared shuttle from San Jose to Dominical at 5.00 am, 10.00 am and 3.00 pm.
There are around 4 different bus companies who service to Dominical, there is a full list buses to dominical.
- Tracopa for nice direct buses.
If you come from the north Pacific like Montezuma or Santa Teresa there are speed boats to Jaco and from there you can take a bus or shuttle.
From most corners in the country there are possibilities to reach another popular town via shuttle, biggest companies are Easy Ride, Monkey Ride and Grey Line.
- Parque Reptilandia  has local snakes and frogs as well as a crocodile and a Komodo Dragon for a unique experience.
- Waterfalls. Most beautiful Waterfalls in the area  an absolutely MUST DO in the area.
- Autentico Rafting Adventures, ☎ +506-2770-2923, . Rafting trips near Dominical featuring rapids class 2, 3, and 4. Guides have more than 8 years of experience guiding the rivers near Dominical. edit
- Bamboo YogaPlay (Bamboutique), In front of the school in Dominical, ☎ 2787-0229, . 8:30-6:30. There's all the amenities to help you enjoy a safe and exhilarating time. Dominical is know for being a small Eco-Friendly town with a special energy. Surrounded by lush mountains and nature it's truly a beautiful place and a must visited area! For daily yoga, dance, massage and the cutest clothes and adornments at the Bamboutique come to Bamboo YogaPlay in the center of Dominical on the main road. edit
- Beaches. If you want you can check out another beach you can check out Dominicalito or Hermosa beach. edit
- Costa Rica Surf Camp (crsurfschool.com), In Front of ICE Building, ☎ +506 8812-3625, . 9-5 daily. Costa Rica Surf Camp is owned by local Cesar Valverde, whose surf camp has been providing excellent customer service for over 10 years. CRSC provides both day lesson as well as week long packages and vacations. (N 9° 15'9.6407,W 83° 5148.4554) edit
- Dominical Surf School & Camp, ☎ +506-8853 4860, . It is run by former pro surfers and locals, highly trained and certified by the ISA (international Surfing Association). Learning to surf is big here in Dominical. There are several businesses to help you accomplish this. It is important that if you come to this location to learn or practice surfing you are aware that depending on ocean tides there could be strong shifts in the currents. Dominical has great sandbars, which makes it a perfect location for beginner surfers (in the white water) and advance surfers (in the green waves). It is good to be aware of currents especially if you are swimming far away from the lifeguard tower. There are also many experienced surfers in Dominical so just ask someone where it is safe to swim or surf. edit
- Fishing. edit
- Hiking. edit
- Horseback riding. edit
- Kayaking. This attraction is also among the favorites here. edit
- Paraglide Dominical, In front of Tortilla Flats, Dominical, Costa Rica, by appt. (3 hours from San Jose in downtown Dominical), ☎ +506 8951-2710. Paragliding canopy tour with beach landing by Hawk Adventures. Awesome Jungle canopy tours free-flying from a mountain launch and soaring like a bird with a certified Paragliding instructor. Launch from the mountain, fly up to the clouds & see the most amazing 360 degree view ever. Then land on the beach in front of the restaurants & grab a bite or go for a swim! (9.2378,-83.8177) edit
- Sunset Surf Dominical (Dominical Surf Camp), Hotel Domilocos (50m up from The Refuge), ☎ +506 8917-3143, . Sunset Surf is located inside of Domilocos and offers a wide variety of Dominical surfing packages to suit everyone. edit
- Tree of Life Tours (high adventure soaked with pure adrenaline, or peaceful hiking through pristine rainforests), Las Tumbas, Costa Rica (30 minutes from Playa Dominical and 3.5 hours from San Jose), ☎ +506-2787-0555, . Family run business offering awe inspiring tours since 1996 of majestic vistas, cliff jumping, multiple waterfalls (one is 600 feet), overnight stays inside a waterfall's cave, canyoning, beginner and advanced rappelling. All reasonably priced with excellent guides and food. (9.279347,-83.777940) edit
- Whales watching (Costa Rica Whale Watching), Dominical, Costa Rica, ☎ 506-2643-5901, . Daily whale watching cruises from Dominical on Costa Rica's southern Pacific coast on Pacific Quest. Large, safe boat with restrooms and snack bar. Being less than 7 miles from Marino Ballena National Park, whales are seen along the shoreline 9 months of the year. Thus, whale watching tours are popular and normally successful. This piece of the Pacific Ocean is one of only two places in the world, where whales from the Northern Hemisphere and those from the Southern Hemisphere meet (the other is in North Africa). The Humpback is the star of the show, but six other species are also common. (9.227165631892944,-83.84456634521484) edit
- Ziplines. edit
- El Pescado Loco Dominical, Main Street, Provincia de Puntarenas, ☎ +1 717 779 259, . It has tacos, salads, sandwiches, ceviche and more. edit
- Mono Conco, Pueblo del Rio Main Street Dominical (Off main highway entrance Provincia de Puntarenas Dominical), ☎ +506 6312 8766, . Delicious healthy meals edit
- Que Nivel, Main St in Dominical, Dominical, Puntarenas Province, ☎ +506 2787 0127. It has great food and serves until 2AM. Their food is different from everywhere else. Everyone goes there late night to drink and get a good late night meal. edit
- Tortilla Flats, Beach Road, Provincia de Puntarenas, ☎ +506 2787 0033, . It has beach seafood. edit
- One Love, Dominical, Puntarenas Province, Dominical, 60504, ☎ +506 8608 6357, . Coffee shop edit
- Que Nivel, ☎ +506 2787 0127, . It has happy hour every night from 6PM-8PM. Thursday is Ladies 80's Night, and Saturday they have the preparty for Roca Verde with Power Hour.. Bar Hotel Restaurant. Weekly events: Monday Movie Night, Ten Thousand Tuesday (Costa Rican Dice Game) edit
- Roca Verde, . It is a Fun Place for Drinks and Food. One of the Most popular places for Friday night. Get there before 6:30PM if you want to order food as the place gets packed for Live Music. Wednesday nights are now getting popular as well as Mike Witte, the owner, continues to attract more live entertainers. edit
- Rum Bar, Dominical, Puntarenas Province, Savegre de Aguirre, ☎ +506 2787 0287, . edit
- Casi el Cielo (Almost Heaven), ☎ +506-8813-5614, . B&B Vacation Villa on the Pacific Coast near Dominical, includes meals and fresh baked goods. edit
- Cool Vibes Beach Hostel, 100m al sur y 50m este del restaurante el Coco Quality Road, Playa Dominical (Along small beach road), ☎ +506 8353 6428, . The motto at hostel Piramys is "stay, relax and enjoy!". Facilities include a kitchen, free wi-fi, free coffee for dorm guest, lockers, tour information & car rental, shuttle transportation from/to Dominical, surf board rentals & lessons, and well equipped gym. edit
- Costa Paraiso Beach Resort, (2 km south of Dominical), ☎ 506 2787 0025, . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 11AM. Luxury oceanfront cabins with amazing views and a new restaurant. edit
- El Castillo Boutique Luxury Hotel (Ojochal), Perasosa Rd (18 miles south of Dominical), ☎ +506 2786 5543, . Perched on a cliff 300 ft above the Pacific. Stunning location, Spanish colonial masterpiece. 10 bedrooms AC infinity pool, bar. edit
- El Coco. checkout: 11pm. Cheapest hostel in town, at the end of the unique road, 10m from the beach. You see a big restaurant with very reasonable prices. The rooms are basic, with fan. There are shared bathrooms and showers, no hot water. The owner is very friendly and helpful. edit
- Jazzy's River House, Across the street from the Dominical soccer field (Behind the Maracatu Restaurant), ☎ +506-2787-0310, . checkin: 2:00pm; checkout: 12pm. Boutique Tree-house style right in the middle of town on the Baru River. 5 minutes walk to the beach. Sleeps up to Six! It is 960 sq.ft. two-story cozy cabina, fully furnished and well- equipped for a long stay, with a small kitchen, laundry, library and decorated with handcrafted/native hardwoods and colorful tiles. Perfect for a family, small group of friends, or a couple wanting an affordable romantic get-away in Costa Rica. edit
- La Cusinga Eco Lodge, ☎ +506-2770-2549, . A great Eco Lodge, next to Ballena Marine National Park. See the Whales from your room, toucans, Cusingas, Howler Monkeys, and many more animals from your room, from the restaurant, in the parking lot. Nature is all around, you do not need to walk far to be with in nature! edit
- La Parcela, Puntarenas Province, ☎ +506 2787 0016, . Cabinas and fine dining restaurant with international cuisine. edit
- Pinna - casa di Piedra (Rock House), 4 miles up road into the jungle (Esceleras), ☎ +617-297-2771. Self catering villa with magnificent view of Pacific down to Whales Tail and further. Pool and large outdoor livong area with expansive look out points to view below. Private home available directly from owner. edit
- Rio Magnolia Ecolodge, La Alfombra, ☎ +506-8307-1036, . Rio Magnolia eco-lodge is situated on a 280 acre mountain rainforest overlooking the Pacific halfway between Playa Dominical and San Isidro. edit
- Villas Rio Mar (Villas Rio Mar), 800 meters upstream the Baru river (Dominical), ☎ +506 -2787 0052, . checkin: 2pm; checkout: 12md. Jungle and river resort that combines comfort with a great nature and adventure experience! Comfortable rooms with hot water, fans and A/C in the Superior Rooms and Junior Suites. Big Pool, SPA, kids playground and in house activity center. Good restaurant with local and international food. (9.263423955298117,-83.85177612304687) edit