Dipolog is the capital of the province of Zamboanga del Norte.
Flying to Dipolog is a good way to get to Mindanao. Cebu Pacific and Philippines airlines flies from Manila daily. The city is also reachable from Mactan Cebu International Airport with Cebu Pacific daily.
There are buses going to/from Ozamiz, Cagayan de Oro, Zamboanga. Rural Transit Buses (RTMI) is the main company. There are airconditioned buses and non-aircon (De Luxe buses) which cost 20% less.
there is a new ferry port in Dipolog (Galas Port).
Medallion Transport. now has a nonstop ferry six times a week to/from Cebu. fares from 660.
The best way to get around are tricycle, habal-habal (Single motorcycle), & multicabs.
The center of Dipolog at night during Christmas. It is a truly wonderful sight, the decorations and the small stall and the sounds of people. It is truly captivating and much better decorated at Christmas than many richer countries. The people are so friendly and helpful, it's a real joy to visit.
- The Cathedral of Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary. Visit the 105 year old church in the city proper. edit
By morning: You can go to the bay walk to exercise for some energy around 04:00-06:00 Then, go shopping by which the locals call Okay Okay.
By afternoon: You can get around by walking to Plaza Magsaysay, Bay walk, go swimming in the beach or just go shopping at Lee Plaza, Dipolog Mall, Vallecer or Friendly Mart. Or you can eat snacks from restaurants.
By evening: Dipolog is sparkling when the night comes. You can go to bay walk which has so many events like concerts. Or go some disco clubs like FatCat or Zpol.
- Alvenda Hilander Farm. Hilander Farm is a new tourist destination in Dipolog City. It takes 2-3 hr by multicab to reach the place, its kinda rough road when you reach Center place in Mutia, going to the said place. The place have nice native and antique style of the house, swimming pool for kids and for adults with nice and cool overflowing water. They also have Zipline for extreme adventurers. edit
- 3000 Steps. Every year thousands visit Mt. Linabo. The climb to the top is via a stair case that has 3003 steps - it is great exercise and host some great scenery. The view from the top is wonderful as you can see for miles and miles in all directions. Come during Lenten season and make the climb with all those who pilgrimage here yearly. There are 15 stations of the cross along the climb for those who wish to worship. edit
- JO's. Try their BBQ with unlimited rice, Chicken Tinola in Coconut Shell, and Halu-halo in Coconut Shell. edit
Jo's is ok but there are a lot of better places to go. Try Mang Inasal if you want true value for a good lunch and Karyll's for a great evening BBQ.
- Karyll's. Karyll's has two locations one on "the Boulevard and one just a block off the boulevard. Karyll's offers the best BBQ in the city of Dipolog. Try the BBQ chicken, or fresh caught fish - if you want a local favorite their "Halang Halang" is some of the best "spicy chicken" available. edit
- URChoice. One block from Lee Plaza Mall, UrChoice is the best Pizza in the entire Philippines. Owned by an Italian immigrant, UrChoice offers authentic Itialan food and Pizza - real mozzarella cheese is a real treat in the Philippines and UrChoice gives you a nice helping on all their Pizza's. If you need a break from the local dishes and want a true taste of home UrChoice is the best choice edit
- Tuba. If you can find a local who will get you fresh Tuba it is well worth trying. Tuba is a kind of sparkling coconut wine when it is fresh it is slightly naturally carbonated. It does not have a strong alcohol taste nor does it have a huge kick - it was a great experience, try it! edit
- Camella Hotel. edit
- Top Plaza Pensionne, Malvar Street Corner Quezon Avenue, ☎ +63-65-2128650. checkin: 12noon; checkout: 12 noon. fan a/c rooms with cable tv . free wifi 280-560. edit