Dinant  is a city in the province of Namur in Belgium.
The closest airports are Brussels, Charleroi (Brussels South Charleroi Airport) and Liège.
From Brussels, the train to Dinant takes 1 hr 30 minutes.
The train station is conveniently located in the centre of Dinant, about 5 minutes walk to the river (from where you can see the Citadel and the main parts of Dinant)
From Brussels, take the A4 south for 80 kilometers and follow the signs into town.
No need to take public transport at all since Dinant is a very small town and the main tourist sites are within walking distance.
- The Citadel of Dinant, located on a cliff, more than 100 meters above the River Meuse offers spectacular views of the town and countryside. A fortification may have stood on this spot as long ago as the fourth century, and the Bishop Prince of Liège certainly ordered the construction of a fortress on this spot in 1051, but the present structure dates to the early 19th century. It is reached from the town either by cable car or by the 408 steps cut into the hillside. The citadel plays host to a small Arms Museum and several interesting objets d'art that reveal the glorious past of this Meuse town.
- The Collegiate Church of Our Lady (Collégiale Notre Dame de Dinant) is a 13th-century Gothic church on the bank of the River Meuse, just below the citadel. Free.
- The house of Adolphe Sax, the inventor of the saxophone, who was born in Dinant in 1814. Free.
- An exibition of colorfully painted saxophone sculptures , located around streets, squares and bridges throughout the city as a tribute to Adolphe Sax.
- The Charles de Gaulle Bridge which goes over the River Meuse offers a nice of view of the church and the citadel and has a high concentration of the colorful saxophones. General Charles de Gaulle (then leiutenant) was wounded on the bridge during the First World War Battle of Dinant in 1914.
- Couque de Dinant is the local speciality. A very hard biscuit that you can only eat if you have very good teeth. Typically eaten with coffee or hot chocolate.
Along the river, next to the departure points of boat tours, there is a Match supermarket. Buy some groceries and enjoy a picnic by the riverside!
- Leffe, one of the most popular beer brands originates from the Leffe abbey, located in Dinant. Leffe is generally available in bars and cafes around the city.