Dehradun  is the provisional capital of Uttarakhand state. It is nestled between the Himalayan foothills to the north and the Shivaliks to the South. The town offers breathtaking scenery.
Dehradun is situated at an altitude of 1,400 ft in the Doon Valley between two of the most important rivers in India: the Ganga and Yamuna. The town also serves as a convenient base for visiting the area's many tourist sites.
Dehradun has experienced tremendous growth in recent years, and currently has a population of around 1,250,000. It is also famous for the Doon School, which is often referred to as the Eton of India. While hidden from the limelight, RIMC (Rashtriya Indian Military College), Dehradun has produced some of the finest soldiers on both sides of the borders.
- Jolly Grant Airport (IATA: DED) (ICAO: VIDN) - Air India(airindia.com),Jet Airways (jetairways.com), Spicejet (spicejet.com) and Indigo (goindigo.in) operate daily flights between Dehradun and Delhi. Further, connecting flights are available to some major cities including Mumbai. Jet Airways has a direct flight to Mumbai every day from Dehradun airport.
Flights from New Delhi (DEL) to Dehradun (DED)
6:05 am → 7:10 am DEL-DED S M T W T F S Jet Airways 9W2841
6:20 am → 7:15 am DEL-DED S M T W T F S Air India AI9645
8:55 am → 10:00 am DEL-DED S M T W T F S Jet Airways 9W2829
11:20 am → 12:05 am DEL-DED S M T W T F S Indigo 6E964
11:45 am → 12:30 am DEL-DED S M T W T F S SpiceJet SG124
12:05 am → 1:10 pm DEL-DED S M T W T F S Jet Airways 9W2827
1:00 pm → 1:55 pm DEL-DED S M T W T F S Indigo 6E6408
1:15 pm → 2:15 pm DEL-DED S M T W T F S Spicejet SG2936
3:05 pm → 4:05 pm DEL-DED S M T W T F S Jet Airways 9W2807
4:25 pm → 5:20 pm DEL-DED S M T W T F S Indigo 6E246
4:50 pm → 6:05 pm DEL-DED S M T W T F S Jet Airways 9W2652
5:35 pm → 6:20 pm DEL-DED S M T W T F S SpiceJet SG2327
5:45 pm → 6:45 pm DEL-DED S M T W T F S Air India AI9609
Flights from Mumbai (BOM) to Dehradun (DED)
10:25 am → 12:40 am MUM-DED S M T W T F S Jet Airways 9W701
Flights from Lucknow (LKO) to Dehradun (DED)
8:00 am → 9:30 am LKO-DED S M T W T F S Air India 9691
Flights from Srinagar (SXR) to Dehradun (DED)
12:35 pm → 2:10 pm SXR-DED S M T W T F S Jet Airways 9W702
Flights from Jammu (IXJ) to Dehradun (DED)
10:05 am → 11:25 am IXJ-DED S M T W T F S SpiceJet SG2935
To reach the airport from the city is a bit inconvenient as it is 30 kms from town and there is no direct bus service to reach here. One can avail private taxi service available at the airport (US$30), or hotels may provide their own arrangements. If you are arriving at Dehradun airport, you can book a taxi through prepaid taxi counter available at Dehradun airport.
Dehradun (IR station code : DDN) is a major station and a terminus in Uttarakhand. It is connected by rail to Delhi, Mumbai, Varanasi, Allahabad, Kolkata, Gorakhpur, Amritsar, Indore, Ujjain and Chennai.
Here are some useful trains to reach Dehradun:
Also see Rail travel in India
Delux, Volvo, Semi-deluxe and ordinary Uttarakhand State buses depart every hour from ISBT, Kashmere Gate in New Delhi. There is also an overnight deluxe A/C service run by Uttarakhand Tourism. It is a six to seven hour journey from Delhi. However, the bus station is located about 5-6 km from the centre of the town. If you are coming from Delhi side the trains will generally be more convenient.
Dehradun is in principle a 5 hour drive from Delhi, but unless you leave Delhi very early in the morning, you will encounter traffic that makes the trip significantly longer. The town is on NH 72A (Chhutmalpur to Dehradun). The road is two-laned, but not very wide. There may be many slow-moving vehicles at harvest times, and pilgrims walking on the road in late July and early August.
Note : Never stop for food in any restaurant in Khatauli, Uttar Pradesh which is on the way to Dehradun , as they over charge and even threaten you if you will not pay.
Important Distances :
- New Delhi - 237 km (148.2 mi)
- Roorkee - 71.4 km (44.6 mi)
- Haridwar - 53 km (33.2 mi)
- Rishikesh - 45 km (28.2 mi)
- Mussoorie - 32.6 km (20.4 mi)
- Shimla - 231 km (144.4 mi)
- HireMeCar.com (Taxi Service), ☎ 7065-780-780 ([email protected]). India's leading local and inter-city taxi service in Dehradun. You can book a cab from all above cities with HireMeCar to explore Dehradun and nearby places and enjoy your trip with a clean car, courteous driver and on-time service. edit
Dehradun has a city bus service run by private owners under STA. The destinations are written in Hindi above the windshield. Generally, however, the buses are crowded, so it is better to use other means of transport.
By auto rickshaw
Auto rickshaws are plentiful in the downtown area. They are not metered, but instead use a fixed rate system. However, as the rate is often not prominently displayed, it is advisable to have some idea of the cost to your destination before taking an auto rickshaw. Otherwise, you are very likely to be charged well over the odds.
The cheapest way to get around town is via the ubiquitous blue three wheelers called Vikrams. These vehicles are often crammed, with capacity for 8 cramped passengers in the back. The Vikrams are numbered according to their routes through the city. Fare is Minimum Rs. 5 to maximum Rs.15 any route.
- 1 - Rajpur Road: begins at Astley Hall and travels North to the Rajpur-Mussoorie Road Fork.
- 2 - Sahastradhara/Raipur: begins at Survey Chowk, procedes eastward to Sahastradhara Crossing, before splitting towards the North (Sahastradhara Road) or East (Raipur Road) depending on the Autorickshaw.
- 3 - Dharampur, Rispana Bridge: begins at Survey Chowk, procedes to Haridwar Road and Dharampur, before proceding through the Nehru Colony to Rispana Bridge.
- 4 - Doiwala: begins at Rispana Bridge and procedes to Doiwala.
- 5 - Majra/ISBT: begins at Astley Hall, procedes South to Majra and the Interstate Bus Terminus.
- 6 - Kaulagarh Road: begins at Clock Tower, goes Northwest up Kaulagarh Road.
- 7 - Chakrata Road: begins at Clock Tower, goes West on Chakrata Road.
- 8 - Kanwali/Kaonli Road: begins at Astley Hall, procedes South to Saharanpur Chowk, before going West on Kanwali/Kaonli Road towards Balliwala. The last stop on this route varies between Seemadwar/Indranagar, Anurag Nursery or Vasant Vihar Chowk.
- 10 - Premnagar: begins at Clock Tower, goes West to Premnagar via Kaonli Road.
- 9 to 11 in the morning and 4 to 7 in the evening are the busiest hours.
The best way to explore the town is on foot, since it is surprisingly compact. Finding your way around is not that difficult as it may seem at first glance. Rajpur Road is the main avenue, Chakrata Road is also quite an important street while Paltan Bazar is best local bazaar. These all intersect at the Clock Tower Roundabout. Walking across town can take up to 30 minutes.
You can easily visit Dehradun through Car. There are many car rental companies.
- Spectrum Travels (Spectrum Travels), Vasant Vihar, ☎ +91 7895050100. Airport Pick up & Drop. edit
- Gozocabs: Delhi-Dehradun Cab Services, ☎ +91 90518 77 000 ([email protected]), . 24 hours. One way Pick/Drop facilities to Dehradun from Delhi. Online booking. Prices starting ₹2900. edit
- Dehradun Taxi (Dehradun Taxi), Railway Station, ☎ +91 9458900168. For Taxies of all kinds. edit
- Friends Travels (Friends Travels), Rajpur Road, ☎ +91 9690749753. 24x7 Car Hire. edit
- Big India Tours (Big India Tours), Prince Chowk, ☎ 9319664412. For Taxies of all kinds. edit
- taxiGUIDE.in (Dehradun Car Rental), ☎ +91 135 252 0573 ([email protected]), . Inquiry: 7am to 11pm. Dehradun Car Rental services on taxiGUIDE.in - a Chauffeur Driven Car Rental service in 75 Cities in India. Fares start from Rs.1400 for full day local & Rs.9.5/km for Outstation. edit
- The Kalinga War Memorial, Sahastradhara Road. The only war memorial of its kind in the world which was erected by the British to honour their foe, the Gurkhas (or the Gorkhas).
- The Gurkha Fort, Tapovan Forest Area.
- The FRI Museum, Forest Research Institute. Lavish environs and one of the largest institutes of its kind. Guided tours are available. Open: 9AM-1PM and 2:30PM-5:30PM. Admission is free. Photographs are allowed, but no flash indoors. A large collection of forest products and many gallaries about the forest. There are 6 galleries:
- Pathology gallery
- Social forestry gallery
- Siviculture gallery
- Timber gallery
- Non wood forest product gallery
- Entemology gallery
- Mindrolling Monastery, ☎ '+91 135'' 264-0556, 264-0968, . A large Buddhist monastery in the Tibetan Nyingma tradition. (30.261555,77.996938) edit
- Chetwoode Hall, The Indian Military Academy. A charming little museum housing collections of 20th century military artifacts.
- Clock Tower, Rajpur Road (Rajpur and Gandhi Roads crossing). Built by the British, this remains the icon of the downtown area. (30.324341,78.041843) edit
- Ram Rai Darbar, Jhanda Mohalla. Built by Guru Har Rai's son, it attracts many Sikh pilgrims from the nearby state of Punjab. Admission is free and non-Sikhs are welcome.
- Tapkeshwar Temple, Garhi Cantt. An ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, Tapkeshwar is situated on the banks of a rivulet. (30.3573637,78.0165053) edit
- Sai Darbar Temple, Rajpur Road. This place of worship holds a high spiritual value, and is thus visited by tourists across the country.
- The Char Siddhs, comprising a group of four temples around Dehradun : Lakshman Siddh (along the Dehradun-Rishikesh road 12 km from Dehradun), Kalu Siddh (near Baniyawala), Manak Siddh (near Shimla Bypass Road) and Madu Siddh (near Premnagar). Small temples in scenic and as yet unspoilt locales. It is commonly believed that visiting all four Siddhs in a single day will fulfill a devotee's wishes.
- Tapovan, Rajpur Road. According to legend, Guru Dronacharya had done penance here.
- Jaspal Rana Shooting Ranges, Majhon- Paunda, Via Nanda Ki Chowki, Premnagar, Dehradun
- Tiger View Jungle Camp, Village Goolar Khalla, Post Saura, Via Raipur, Dehradun 
- RIMC, Rashtriya Indian Military College one of the finest school in India for making the kids to gentleman cadets
- Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology Another place worth a visit is the Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology. It is the best center on Himalayan geology in the country and has done some pioneering work in the field. A museum displaying the geological diversity of the sub-continent is the center of attraction here and a must see for all those visiting the institute.
- Robber's Cave Also known as Guchchu Pani, situated at a distance of eight km from the city center. Robber's cave is a beautiful picnic spot. On display here is one of nature's strangest phenomena; a stream of water goes underground here and reappears a few metres away. The cave is surrounded by hills and is a beautiful getaway for those looking for peace and quiet of the hills.
- Sahastradhara Around 14 km from Dehradun is the cold Sulphur water spring called Sahastradhara. The spring is believed to have exceptional medicinal value and the dripping caves and a bath in the Baldi River near the spring are said to rejuvenate the body and soul.
- Regional Science Centre Made with collaboration of UCOST and NCSM. It is the first science centre of region .It is it siuuated in campus of UCOST. This centre has frontiers technology, fun science gallery, 3d shows, and a planetarium ,. The main attraction is its himalayan Gallery. Outside the building there is a Dino Park and Science Park. Hours: 10 am to 5 pm, but the visiting time is 11 to 4:30pm.
- Subhir Raha Oil Museum-it is also a unique museum.also known as ONGC museum. It has 3 floors ground floor shows search for oil and history for oil and the main attractions are 2d and 3d shows, pendulum and folding rock. First floor have journey of crude oil and process. This museum is made up by ONGC and NCSM. There is a souvenir shop where you can buy t-shirts, mugs,key rings and many more it has also a canteen. Note: most autos and locals don't know the location of the museum so call in advance for directions. Phone number: 0135-2794109,2794487. Hours: Closed Monday and Thursdays, April to September - 1100 to 1900 and October to March - 1000 to 1800.
- Dehradun Zoo Earlier Malsi deer park, now is a large hill zoo. It has very beautiful landscape with more then 50 species of animal .it has als ostrich emu macu turkey and many more external bird and more then 5 types of deer, crocodile, leopard, sambhar and many more. It has a large play area with 50 rides and have very well maintained garden, park, canteen, aviary and has adventurous zone also. It is a must visit.
- Picnic - Pack a hamper of food and drinks and picnic at Sahastradhara, on the banks of the Baldi River. The mineral waters here are pure and clean. It is a 30 minute drive from the city of Dehradun. You can also rent a cycle from Hotel Madhuban. It takes a little over an hour to bike down.
- After a hard day's sightseeing, drive down to the village of Dakpathar 45 km away. The sparkling waters of the Yamuna makes this the perfect spot to relax. The neat little GMVN Tourist Complex is located inside the village. It has a good restaurant and a small swimming pool.
- Basmati rice - the Dehradun area is famous all over India & the world for its fragrant Basmati rice. Genuine Dehradun Basmati is however rare to find even within the city. Be alert about any fake rip offs.
- Trekking Gear - Dehradun is the base camp for undertaking trekking expeditions in the Garhwal Himalayas. High quality trekking gear like rucksacks, gloves, boots, tents, etc can be bought from shops in the Moti bazaar. All items are largely made locally and the shops also supply material to the Indian army which has its primary training center in Dehradun
- Khukris & other weapons - the traditional Gurkha knives that Dehradun is famous for as the Indian army's Gurkha regiment is based out of the city.
Windlass Steelcrafts based out of Dehradun is the primary supplier of costumes and weapons to Hollywood. In fact the sword used in the film "Gladiator" was designed and made in Dehradun. Swords and weapons seen in Game of Thrones were also made here. Small shops in Dehradun stock them.
- Paltan Bazaar - Most popular market in Dehradun. a good place to pick up the local variety of Basmati rice, and hand made woollen garments made by local communities. Crowd and ambience is enjoyable during the evening time while taking a walk in the bazaar.
- Balaram Market - This market is in paltan bazaar famous for bangles of old as well as latest design's . Sheesh Mahal Kangan Store (since 1985) is the best place to buy bangles contact :- 09219843975, 0 87553 35361
- Indra Market - Its close to clock tower and you will find rips offs of the latest fashion, clothes and accessories in this market.
- The English book Depot,  15, Rajpur Road - the best bookshop for miles, with an excellent stock of fiction, travel literature, magazines and newspapers.
- Book World, 10-A Astley Hall (at Astley Hall), ☎ 0135-2655845. Another great bookshop where you can get practically any book you want. edit
- Astley Hall, Rajpur Road - a complex full of interesting, and good value shops and restaurants.
- Rajpur Road - the most popular shopping area. All the branded stores can be found on this stretch. 3 large malls with multiplexes have also been built on this stretch namely Pacific Mall in Jakhan, CrossRoads mall near Dhamawala chowk & Parsavnath Mall near RTO
- Himalayan Weavers are a Mussoorie Dehradun based company which produce beautiful hand-made shawls and scarves using only natural dyes. They use Himalayan wool, pashmina and seri silk and works with a large number of local people in Garhwal area. Himalayan Weavers operate on fair trade principles. Their products are ideal gifts representing local craft and skills. They have a shop in Rajpur, 6Kms from Dehradun on the way to Mussoorie. They also have a shop 8 km from Mussoorie on the Mussoorie-Dhanaulti Road. Rajpur: 08126517971, Mussoorie: 09759009830. [] *Brightly coloured, hand made woolen items made by tribal communities in the nearby Garhwal Hills.
- Alaya Design Studio, 94, Old Rajpur, Near Shahenshahi Ashram, Dehradun (Located in Old Rajpur, accessible by going uphill from Dakpatti Rajpur market or from Old Mussorie Road, turn towards Shahenshahi Ashram), ☎ 0135 6537205, . Mon-Sat; 10 am to 7 pm. A design led social enterprise, Alaya Design Studio works with Craft and Skill based artisan communities in the state of Uttarakhand. At their retail outlet based in 94, Old Rajpur, one can find contemporary designs of Crafts and Furniture in locally available materials such as Bamboo, Wood, Handcrafted Copper, Natural fibers etc. edit
- pared ground, old survey Rd,near Gandhi park,near astley hall, dehradun (you can go from EC Rd through cross road then to buddha chowk then landsdown chowk then pared ground or from rajpur road). 10:00am to9:00 pm. this is ground where national festivals and exhibitions are held. rs 50 to 5000. edit
- National hand loom expo - January or February. In this fair you will see that the handloom of all india comes from different states
- Gandhi shilp bazaar- February or March or June. You will see from different states handicrafts like aipan of Uttrakhand, shawls ,sandal wood work of Mysore etc.
- Uttrakhand trade fair- two times a year April and Nov
- Dreamland trade fair- September. This is basically an amusement fair
- Saras mela- October or November
- National khadi mahostav - December
- HIMADRI-Utrakhand handloom and handicraft development corporation empouria it sitiuated on patel nagar ,industial bulding near bsnl office.it has very wide collection handicraft and handloom .the aipan folk art,wood carving that has replicas of famous temples of uttarakhand such as badrinath and kedarnath, the candle craft of nainital and cooperware of almora the shawls of kausani and so many things for more information visit www,uttrakhandcrafts.com
- Rajpur Road has an abundance of eateries from McDonalds to Nirula's to roadside buffets... the food is great. Try Tibetan dishes available opposite the Parade Ground, or get some cheap but delicious vegetarian thalies near the station.
- Tirupati, Rajpur Road. This well-known south indian restaurant serving best food.
- Kumar's, Rajpur Road. This well-known multi-cuisine restaurant serves Chinese, Indian and Continental food.
- Nanking Restaurant, 361/1 Ballupur Road . Multi Cuisine family restaurant suited for Families and Teenagers. Serve Indian, Chinese, Tandoori & Continental cuisines. The menu has wide range considering both Vegetarian and non-vegetarian delicacies. Online table booking facility with 10% discount on every food item. Also provides free home delivery facility in Dehradun City. Call 2531900, 3290919.
- Udipi, Lytton Road. Famous for South Indian food. Start off with piping hot idlis, and move on to crispy dosas. Round off the meal in style with strong filter coffee.
- Moti Mahal, City Bus Stand, Rajpur Road. Famous for North Indian fast food. Try the samosa or bread pakora.
- McDonalds, (2653086) Astley Hall, Rajpur Road. Serves the usual fast food, burgers, wraps etc. No McDelivery or McShakes available. Try the Shahi Paneer Pan, the latest innovation of McDonalds India.
- Nirula's,  Astley Hall, Rajpur Road. This is one of the smaller branches of an all-India chain of fast food outlets. The menu is extensive, and includes pizzas, burgers, platters and rotis. For home delivery, call 2651202 or 2651203.
- Vatika,  97, Rajpur Road. A good multi-cuisine restaurant serving tasty and wholesome food. (A restaurant of Hotel Madhuban)
- Ellora, Ellora's exquisite bakery products.
- Pizza Hut, In Rajpur Road you can find one Pizza Hut and a good place to eat out
- China Kingis arguably the best Chinese restaurant in town, offering a wide range of dim sum and budget priced combo meals.
- Lhasa, one of the best restaurants for authentic Tibetan fare located on Rajpur Road close to the Old Mussoorie Road diversion. This is several km out of town. Call them at 2733274 for bookings or to order a pick-up meal. No home deliveries.
- The Orchid, 3-B, Dak Patti, Rajpur, Dehradun (close to the MDDA Rajpur Park near Jakhan), ☎ 9837733111. Restaurant with scenic views nestled on the side of the mountain overlooking verdant valleys. Decent food. Tibetan, Thai,Chinese, food is served here.Quite place with good ambiance and delicious food. (30.3894893,78.0947391) edit
- Tibetan market. Great momos (steamed buns, filled with meat).
- Flavors, Saharanpur Road, ☎ 2626166,2726166, . 11AM- -11PM. Delicious food and amazing ambiance with live ghazals Mid range. edit
- Punjab Restaurant, 1- Patel Market , Rajpur Road, Dehradun (Near Clock Tower , Opposite Windlass Shopping Complex), ☎ 0135 2652697,0135 2650303. One of the best restaurants in town which provides Indian (like home cooked food)& Chinese food. edit
- Maggi Point. A series of small restaurants situated between Dehradun and Mussoorie. Famous for their Maggi. One can also have the beautiful view of Dehradun city from up there. edit
- Hotel President, 6 Astley Hall, Rajpur Rd, . Hotel with new restaurant, bar, coffee shop. Pavilion is the multi cuisine restaurant in the hotel providing you with a range of Indian, Chinese and Mughlai delicacies. The colonial styled restaurant overlooks the scenic mountain slopes. Polo Bar in the hotel premises keeps a good stock of foreign liquors. edit
- Black Pepper Bar & Restaurant, Astley Hall, Rajpur Rd. One of the finest bar and multicuisine restaurant in Dehradun in a soothing ambience. edit
- Rajpur Road has many bars. Try a strong Tibetan drink called chang available in Rajpur (7 km away from clock tower).
- Cafe Coffee Day, Rajpur Road, . Excellent coffee and pastries.
- Barista, The English Book Depot, 15 Rajpur Road, . Excellent coffee, iced tea and pastries.
- Head Over Heels Bar, 97 Rajpur Road, . A good range of drinks and snacks.
- President Hotel and Bar The finest bar in the downtown. However some retired Army officers and serving officers like to Jam out in DSOI, (To try this out either you have to be an Army officer or his guest. :) )
- Shipra Bar. This bar is the part of the Great Value hotel and is reasonably OK.
- My Wife's Place. In Rajpur Road you can find this and well known for it's north indian food, especially a variety of kebabs and mughlai dishes edit
- There are quite a few hotels in Dehradun, with the best options being located on Rajpur Road. The city does not have a five-star hotel yet. However, Mussoorie (34 km uphill) has quite a few top-end options.
- One option is the dormitory in the main bus stand, available 24h00/day, check-out 12am, only 120 Rps/night/bed. Small and big room also available (less than 400 Rps). A room to keep your luggage is also there : 30 Rps/luggage/24h00.
- Hotel Doon Castle, Patel nagar, niranjanpur, opp.telephone exchange, saharanpur road. Tel:+91 135 2626166, 2726166 www.hoteldooncastle.com.
- Motel Kwality, 19, Rajpur Road. Tel:+91 135 657-001 - clean, but with basic facilities.
- Hotel Ambassador, Windlass Shopping Centre, Rajpur Road. Tel: +91 135 655-831, 655-832 - very good location, well-designed rooms.
- Hotel Deep Shikha , 57/2 Rajpur road, Dehra dun Tel: +91 135 2659889, 2659888- Very good location-mussoorie road opp secretrait
- Hotel Viceroy Inn, N.H.-72, Saharanpur Road, Niranjanpur, 391/1, ☎ 0135-2729995, . on main Dehradun-Saharanpur Road. Has decorated rooms, suites with Wifi, a big conference hall, a wedding hall, etc. edit
- Central Hotel Dehradun, Opposite Gandhi Park, Rajpur Road,Dehradun Tel: 7520631333 centrally located.
- Best Western Madhuban, 97, Rajpur Road.  Tel:+91 135 749-990, 749-995 - Note that the web page for the Best Western international chain does not list this hotel, so its claim to be a Best Western hotel is unverified. The LP guide has dropped this hotel from its listings.
- Great Value Hotel, 74C, Rajpur Road.  Tel:+91 135 2744-762 - Well-run, good value. Has food & beverage facilites. Call 09358106043,09358106046,09358106047 for reservations.
- Hotel Softel Plaza, NH-72 Mohabbewala, Saharanpur Road.  Tel:+91 135 2645050, 2645060, 2645070 for reservation and other inquiry - 5 km from railway station and 2 km from ISBT. Four star hotel.
- Sharma Villa, Tunwala, Raipur Road ,Dehradun (about 10 kilometer from railway station via Dehradun-Haridwar highway), . This is an elegant home stay. A family run bed and breakfast just outside Dehradun on Dehradun - Haridwar highway. On requests , meals could be arranged. A peaceful, comfortable place to stay. edit
- Shaheenbagh Boutique Resort, 18, Begh Village, On the Shigally School Road (Shaheen Bagh is 20 minutes from Dehradun town, located on a hilly ridge on the town's outskirts. Shaheen bagh is 36 km. apx from Jolly Grand Airport, 13 km from railway stations, 10 km from Clock Tower. The hill station of Mussoorie is 45 minutes away), ☎ 9818081872, . checkin: 12.00; checkout: 12.00. ituated just below the British hill station of Mussoorie, the elegant house, with an adjoining cottage, is located on a 7-acre estate verdant with fruit orchards, many species of exotic and rare plants and trees. The landscaped gardens, spread across five levels, are a visual delight with their watercourses, lily pools and picturesque pathways. 9000. edit
- Aranya Retreat, Maldevta Road, Seraki, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, 248008, India (about 5 kilometer from raipur Chowk), . Best resort in Maldevta, Dehradun.The Resort is situated in the lap of nature where you find peaceful environment, mountain, river view and the wild life edit
There are many internet cafes scattered throughout the town. All the hotels listed above have internet access. There are many iways in the city.
- Computer Base, Windlass Shopping Centre, Rajpur Road.
- Reliance World, 56, Rajpur Road. Tel: +91 135 309-4844
- Sify iway, 20, Raj Plaza, Rajpur Road (Tel: +91 135 309-8880); Anekant Place; Arhat Bazaar; Balliwala Chowk; Capri Mkt; Chakrata Road; Dav College Road; Deeplok Colony; Gandhi Road; Jakhan; Prem Nagar; Race Course; Swaraj Shopping Complex; 18 A, EC Road; St. 12, Arshiwad Enclave; 8, New Road; Ballupur Road; 42 Indira Nagar; Clement Town; 155, Saharanpur Road.
There are many travel getaways that are well connected to Dehradun.
- The Himalayan foothills
- Nagtibba (ten thousand ft) - tribal communities.
- Jaunpur - stunning villages in this area.
- Chakrata - unspoiled views (restricted area for foreign nationals).
- Harkidun - great trekking destination with picture postcard views. all round.
- Haridwar - a sacred site on the Ganges - a little over one hour by train or road.
- Rishikesh - a sacred site.
- Sahastradhara - a hot spring resort.
- The Rajaji National Park
- Kuflon: 5-6 hours drive from Dehradun. Quietly nested in the heart of the Garhwal Himalayas, Kuflon is a postcard village with a population of less than 30 people, set amid pristine terraced valleys, offering a real experience of the untouched country life of Garhwal. A place to get away from civilization and enjoy the grandeur of the snow-capped Himalayas and the warm hospitality of the locals. 'Kuflon Mountain Homestay' , perched on the edge of the village and run by a friendly couple, offers unexpected indulgence and comforts in the midst of pristine nature.
|This is a guide article. It has a variety of good, quality information including hotels, restaurants, attractions, arrival and departure info. Plunge forward and help us make it a star!