- For other places with the same name, see Davenport (disambiguation).
Davenport is one of the Quad Cities, in Eastern Iowa. Birthplace of the Chiropractic practice.
The vast majority of visitors to Davenport arrive via Interstate 80. Many also arrive using Intestate 74 through Bettendorf (the easiest route if arriving at the Moline International airport). The west end of Davenport can also be accessed from the I-280 bypass.
Most people commute through Davenport by car, but there is a very reliable city bus service.  While a few cab companies operate in Davenport and surrounding communities, visitors from larger metropolitan cities should not expect the cars to be waiting outside hotels or other places. It is advisable to place a call to a cab company at least 30 minutes prior to when you want to be picked up. Uber and Lyft are also both available.
- Figge Art Museum (formerly the Davenport Museum of Art)
- Bucktown Fine Arts Located at the corner of East 2nd and Pershing, this historic building now houses a number of art studios.
- The Riverfront Davenport has fought long to maintain this riverfront as a nice place to see. You can stroll along the River and watch bald eagles fish in the wintertime, or pleasure boats and barges work the channel in the summer.
- River City Music Experience A museum of local music
- Putnam Museum and IMAX
- Bix 7 A summer road race that draws tens of thousands of runners each summer. Also has a wonderful street festival with great music and food.
- Beaux Arts Another summer festival, celebrating arts and crafts.
- Davenport is the home town of Happy Joe's Pizza & Ice Cream Parlors .
- Other popular pizza places include Harris and Wise Guys.
- For ice cream stop by Whitey's, a regional chain. Try their banana split.
- Stadium Club Bar and Grill, Brady St.. Place to watch your favorite sports teams. edit
- Renwick Mansion, 901 Tremont Ave, ☎ +1 563 324-9678. 8-room B and B. edit
- La Quinta Inn Davenport Hotel, 3330 E Kimberly Rd, ☎ +1 563 359-3921, . Free Wi-Fi, meeting space, fitness center and pool. edit
- The Current Iowa, 215 N Main St, ☎ +1 563 231 9555, . Boutique art hotel in downtown Davenport. Awesome rooftop bar (open to the public) offering views of the city and river. #2 rated hotel in Iowa by U.S. News. Part of the Marriott Autograph collection. edit
- Radisson, 1111 E 2nd St, ☎ +1 563 322 2200, . edit
- Hotel Blackhawk, 200 E 3rd St, ☎ +1 563 322 5000 (toll free: +1 888 525 4455), . AAA Four Diamond hotel in downtown Davenport. #1 rated hotel in Iowa by U.S. News. Part of the Marriott Autograph collection. edit
- Kalona, a fun small town known for its Amish population and related industries rests 85 mi to the west.
- Le Claire, just northeast of Bettendorf with quaint shops and home of Buffalo Bill (and a museum devoted to showcasing his life).
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!