Daringbadi is in Kandhmal district, Odisha.
Often called 'The Kashmir of Odisha', Daringbadi is the only hill-station in the eastern state. Situated at a height of 915 m (3000 ft), the place is largely gifted with natural bounties that include pine groves, coffee gardens and beautiful verdant valleys. The added attraction comes from the fact that it is still a virgin tourist attraction with not many accommodation options.
Daringbadi can be reached from Bhubaneswar (251 km) and other important places of the state by regular bus services. The nearest railway station is at Berhampur (120 km). The easiest way is to book a taxi from Berhampur. There are three routes by which you can reach Daringbadi from Berhampur by road. 1st is via Sorada which is near about 120 km, 2nd via Bhanjanagar-G.Udayagiri which is around 180 km(NH-59) and the 3rd is via Mohana-Bramhanigan which is around 105 km.
- Hill View Point – The spot providing a vantage point to the visitor from where the whole of Darigbadi and its neighbourhood can be gazed. This is a must to be visited place while in Daringbadi.
- Coffee plantation - There are two Coffee & Black Pepper plantations maintained by soil conservation/forest department of Daringbadi which are an ideal place to explore, experience and just a great picnic hotspot. Do not forget to take approval from the forest departments before venturing out the gardens.
- Doluri River - Doluri river is full of small natural beauties with falls providing a mesmerizing views and scenic beauties.
- Belghar - Internationally Declared Eco Village, Belghar holds a promise to satisfy its visitors. The small village located entirely on the hill top is surrounded with dense flora and is a definite place for tranquility. There are also opportunities for future gliding club due to its seven mountains with a decreasing height. Even elephants can also be seen on the way.
- Belghar Sanctuary - has thick tropical forests. The dense vegetation of the area is a host to a variety of flora and fauna. Wild elephants are found in bound in this area. You will be taken inside for about 2/3km walk to witness the Bonda man & woman coming down from the forest side. It is being considered that at present Bondas is the most primitive tribe of India or otherwise known as the Nakate tribes of the mountain.
- Kotagarh Sanctuary- It is located in the Baliguda subdivision of Kandhamal district is rich in bio-diversity. Major wildlife species are tiger, elephant, gaur, sambar, spotted deer, peafowl, red jungle fowl and a variety of reptiles. The dense lush green forests with sylvan and serene picturesque beauty are the major attraction. A wooden bungalow at Belghar attracts many nature loving visitors. The area is still unexplored and virgin with natural sceneries and 80% tribal populace. The place is with a charming climate in the summer.
Very few private accommodation facilities are available.
> DEERS Eco Home Resort
> Hotel Utopia
Main Road, Daringbadi, Odisha 762104