Daofu or Dawu道孚县 is a small town in Sichuan Province, China.
Daofu has very famous mountains and natural hot springs and beautiful environment.
From Kangding take the bus ¥72 or minibus. Distance is 219 km.
White StupaDaofu/Dawu, Sichuan
- Nyitso/Nyatso Gomba. It is a Gelugpa Buddhist monastery. Gelugpa is one of the lineage of Tibetan Buddhism.
- Giant stupa尊胜白塔 Address: White Stupa Road 19 (白塔路19). From S303/Fresh Water Road鲜水东路 turn south at 团结北街 then at White Stupa Street白塔路 walk 360 m southeast. If you start from the main square the distance is 1.6 km.
- Choeling Nunnery. This a nunnery located outside town.
- You can go climbing in the mountains. The town is 2950 metres above sea level so the mountains are higher than this.
- There are beautiful grasslands and you can visit nomads. Take taxi few kilometers into the mountains, if you find some nomads, you can stay with them. They are very nice, don't talk any language you may know (probably only one word you would know is "Dalailama"). They give you yak's meet, milk etc. Change it for fruit from city.
You can eat Tibetan noodles. The locals cook them with vegetables, potatoes, onions, meat, tomatoes in a soup. You can eat them in a restaurant.
Daofu道孚 is famous for wood working craftmanship. There are homestays民居 featuring interiors with wall to wall ornate carved wood panels. A few are located along the Fresh Water Road 鲜水东路(main street) that have incredible detailed carved interiors. There are also many hotels in town.
嘎依热民居 Tibetan homestay, 180 S303/Freshwater Road. Tel. 0836-7122869 ¥50 per bed.
Minivans connect Daofu with Luhuo, Bamei, Kangding. Departs when van fills up. As with other parts in the region it is best to travel in the mornings when there are more travellers.