Dąbrowa Górnicza (Dom-bro-vah Goor-neetsch-ah) is one of the most recongised cities in Silesian Voivodeship. It's main attractions- Pogoria lakes and Błędowska Desert are one of the most visited places in the region.
Although the city was found in the beginning of 20 century, some of its districts were mentioned in middle age sources. City's capacity is one of the biggest in Poland.
It's divided on many districts:
Home of main city attractions as Sztygarka museum, Nemo Aquapark, Our Lady of Angels basilica and St. Anthony's church.
Green lungs, not far from city center, place of famous Pogoria lakes.
Home of small, old churches and Błędowska Desert.
Place of unspolit nature and calm.
Katowice airport offers following connections:
LOT Polish Airlines- Warsaw
- Lufthansa: Frankfurt, Munich
- Ryanair: Athens, Birmingham, Bologna, Brindisi, Catania, Cologne/Bonn, Cork, Dortmund, Dublin,Edinburgh, Goteborg, Kyiv-Boryspil, London-Stansted, Milan-Malpensa, Manchester, Odessa, Oslo-Sanderfjord, Paphos
- Wizz Air: Alesund, Athens, Barcelona, Bergen, Bristol, Catania, Cologne/Bonn, Doncaster/Sheffield, Dortmund, Eindhoven, Fuerteventura, Kharkiv, Kyiv-Zhuliany, Kutaisi, Larnaca, Liverpool, London-Luton, Lviv, Malmo, Milan-Bergamo, Sandefjord, Reykjavik- Keflavik, Rome-Ciampino, Stavanger, Stockholm- Skavista, Tel Aviv- Ben Gurion, Tenerife-South, Odessa
(seasonal) Alghero, Burgas, Castellón, Dubai Al-Maktoum, Malaga, Podgorica,Santander, Split
Krakow airport is located about 80 km from Dąbrowa Górnicza
City center is well communicated with other cities of Silesian Voivodeship. There're buses serving from Krakow, Kielce, Lublin, Ostrava, Munich, Prague, Berlin, Brno and Vienna . You can check their timetable on e-podroznik site.
Main railway station is located only 5 minutes by walk from the city center. It has an excellent connection with cities of the region as well as big Polish ones as Wroclaw, Warsaw, Lodz, Lublin, Kielce, Opole, Gdansk, Olsztyn, Białystok, Toruń or Bydgoszcz.
Many trails , , , ,  , , cross some city's districts as Błędów, Okradzionów, Korzeniec, Ząbkowice, Gołonóg.
Via Regia , a Western Lesser Poland Camino De Santiago path crosses over Gołonóg, Pogoria lakes and Zielona park. The path leads from Krakow to Piekary Slaskie. It can be ideal for people from Southern Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia or Croatia.
City is well communicated with other, distant parts. You can see the timetable on KZK GOP site.
- Pogoria I lake. The oldest of Pogoria lakes. There's a public beach and Scandinavian style workers' colony Matheron
- Pogoria III lake. The most famous attraction with wide, public beach and many bars.
- Błędowska desert. One of the biggest sand areas in Europe
- City Center. Place of Our Lady of Angels basilica, main square, Sztygarka museum and other attractions.
- St.Anthony's church. Built in 17 century, restored in 19, a church on the hill with beautiful view point on the city
- Mills in Okradzionów. 19 century mills on the bank of Biała Przemsza river.
Due to Pogoria lakes and smaller ponds, Dąbrowa is a true water sports heaven.
There're many canoe and boat rentals in Pogoria I and III lakes opened in summer season. You can also rent a canoe in Okradzionów or Zielona Park if you want to go Przemsza river.
Pogoria lakes are ideal for sailing.
There're public beaches on Pogoria I and Pogoria III lakes. You can also try swimming pools in Nemo Aquapark.
Pogoria lakes as well as small ponds in Łosień and near Zielona are great places for fishing.
Pogoria III and IV are popular among divers.
There're many cycling paths in the city. The most popular one leads around all Pogoria lakes. You can rent a bike in Eurocamping in Błędów.
Dąbrowa Górnicza hosts many different events. You can check them in the city's website. The most know are sport ones- Half Marathon, Dycha Spadających Liści, Cross Błędowa, Cross Czwórki and more .
Our Lady of Angels and St.Anthony's church organise many concerts and different events. You can check them on their websites or fanpages.
People living in Central District, Korzeniec or other popular destinations know at least one foreign language ( Older people can speak Russian or German while younger one English). Using Polish Phrasebook can be useful while visiting Eastern and Northern districts.
- CH Pogoria, Sobieski street. edit Shoping mall with many world and Polish brands, cinema and food court
There're many clothes shops and second hands in the Central Districts.
Dąbrowa Górnicza has a good accomodation choice.
- Pogoria Residence, Piłsudzkiego street 13. edit Hotel in the city center, not far from city's main attraction-Pogoria III lake
- hotel Shuma, Żeglarska street 20. edit Hotel located on the bank of Pogoria I lake, rooms with free WIfI, restaurant with a lake view.
- hotel Astra, Morcinka street 14. edit Hotel in Gołonóg district with a garden, not far from Pogoria III lake
- Holiday Inn Dąbrowa Górnicza (Aleja Róż 1a). edit Splurge hotel in the city center near Nemo Aquapark
- Gościniec Biznesowy (Roździeńskiego street 9). edit An object located in a halfway between Central, Southern districts and Korzeniec, free WiFi and car park.
- Standard Delegacyjny B&B (Magazynowa street 1). edit An object located in Strzemieszyce District, close to Southern District as well as Kazimierz Park in Sosnowiec.
- Zajazd Bachus, Staszica street 42. edit An object located near 94 way, not far from city center. It offers a garden and good restaurant.
- Zajazd Kwadrat (Puszkin street 41). edit An object located in Strzemieszyce district
- Villaro (Braci Pękalskich street 22). edit An apartment house in Korzeniec district, close to Pogoria III and IV lakes and Zielona Park
- Aparthostel Luxury (Osiedle Robotniczne 6). edit Hostel in Ząbkowice district, not far from Pogoria I lake.
- Noclegi Leśna, Leśna street 29A. edit Apartments with a garden located in Gołonóg district
- Pałac Dąbrowa, Dąbrowskiego street 21. edit An object in the city center, free WIFI and car park.
- Catamaran, Żeglarska street 30. edit A bungalow object on the bank of Pogoria I lake with restaurant
- Noclegi Bea, Piłsudzki street 1. edit Guest rooms in the city center with restaurant and garden
- Villa Dąbrowia, Poniatowskiego street 28. edit Guest rooms in the city center with restaurant
- Laguna, Żeglarska street 12. edit Hotel and Restaurant on the bank of Pogoria I lake
- Pod Brzozami. edit An object in Brzozowy Park in Ząbkowice, not far from Pogoria I lake
- Rybaczówka (Pogoria 30). edit An object on Pogoria I lake public beach, rooms with balconies
- Zacisze (Hallerczyków street 1). edit An object in Ząbkowice district with a garden
- Pod Jesionem, Piecucha street 10. edit Guest rooms with a garden in Gołonóg, not far from Pogoria III lake.
- Eurocamping, Żołnierska street 130. edit Year-round camping in Błędów with bungalows and tent places, bike and cross ski rental.
- hotel Dąbrowiak, Wybickiego street 1. edit A budget hotel in Gołonóg district.
- hotel Malta, Kasprzaka street 56. edit A budget hotel in Gołonóg district
Pilgrims following Camino De Santiago use to sleep in St.Anthony's church parish.
Dąbrowa Górnicza is a very safe city. Be caucious visiting big block of flats settlements (especially those in Gołonóg district) after dusk, especially if you're travelling alone.
Never try to swim in places where it's banned! Drinking any kind of alcohol on the beach is forbidden.
Showing your affection in public won't pay annyone's attention in City Center, public beaches of Pogoria I and III and other, Błędowska Desert and other popular destinations but stay discrete while visiting less popular places and rural districts.
- Będzin — Medieval city with rich history and Jewish heritage.
- Sosnowiec — Postindustrial city where Pola Negri and Władysław Szpilman used to live
- Katowice — The capital city of Silesian Voivodeship
- Niegowonice — Tiny village famous by karstic rock hill called Skałki
- Sławków — Small town with medieval heritage.
- Ogrodzieniec — Place of famous castle ruins
- Hutki-Kanki — Beautiful holiday village in the woods near Niegowonice
- Siewierz — Small town famous by castle ruins
- Przeczyce Lake — Big, artificial lake with many public beaches and holiday villages of Przeczyce, Boguchwałowice and Tuliszów
- Wojkowice Kościelne — Village on Pogoria IV lake
- Rogoźnik — Village of calmy lake with public beach
- Strzyżowice — Nice village with two religions' temples.