Crested Butte  is a ski resort in the Rocky Mountains region of Southwestern Colorado.
- Crested Butte is in Southwestern Colorado at the north end of the Gunnison Valley, 231 miles southwest of Denver and 28 miles from the Gunnison-Crested Butte Airport. Crested Butte is situated high in the Colorado Rockies on the Western Slope, at 8,885 feet. Mt. Crested Butte is three miles north of Crested Butte, at the base of the ski resort and has an elevation of 9,350 feet.
The wildflower season in the summer is one of the most prolific in Colorado and draws thousands of visitors each year.
Crested Butte proper is a small, pedestrian friendly town with most places of interest in walking distance. There is however a free shuttle service running from Mt. Crested Butte to the town of Crested Butte which also services several stop in town: the four-way stop at the center of town, the main street Elk Avenue, and the Majestic Plaza, near the movie theater and several stores and coffee shops.
- High in the Colorado Rockies, fresh air, sport, and relaxation are abundant. Pristine mountains and wilderness are the backdrop for the Victorian architecture of this historic mining mountain town, giving Crested Butte a Shangri La appearance. In the summer the valleys are bursting with blooms, which is why Crested Butte is the Wildflower Capital of Colorado. In the winter the mountains are buried in white powder, providing a skiing and boarding paradise. All year round additional sports abound, such as mountain biking, horseback riding, and fly fishing.
Compare equipment rentals in Crested Butte at Equipment Rental Comparison 
Crested Butte has a range of ski equipment rental stores including
- Gourmet Noodle, (Located near 3rd and Elk). Italian cuisine: excellent quality, decent selection, very nice atmosphere. A good place to go for special occasions. edit
- Crested Butte Lodging and Property Management, 970-349-2449, . One to four bedroom condos situated at the base area, close walk, and along the shuttle route.
- The Crested Butte Retreat, 970-349-1658, . The Crested Butte Retreat is a private mountain lodge, completely remodeled to provide luxury lodging in the Colorado Rockies.
- Elk Mountain Lodge, 129 Gothic Ave (Located at 2nd and Gothic in the heart of downtown Crested Butte), ☎ (970) 349-7533, . Bed & Breakfast with 19 completely and beautifully renovated rooms, each with private bathroom and color cable TV. Hearty, full breakfast includes Famous homemade granola, locally-baked bagels and bread, in-season fresh fruit, and specialty hot dishes. edit
- The Great Escape Bed and Breakfast, 329 White Rock Ave, ☎ +1 970 349-1131, . edit
- The Inn at Crested Butte, 510 Whiterock Ave, +1 877 343-2111, . New high-end boutique hotel. Free WiFi, breakfast with fresh, locally-baked breads, fresh fruit and locally-roasted Camp 4 coffee. There is also a free wine-tasting 4:30PM-5:30PM daily in the lobby. Views of Crested Butte Mountain from the hotel's elevated hot tub deck.
- Nordic Inn, 14 Treasury Rd, ☎ +1 970 349-5542 (toll free: +1 800 542-7669), . The only bed and breakfast located within walking distance of the ski lifts. edit
- The Ruby of Crested Butte - Bed & Breakfast, 624 Gothic Avenue (In desirable downtown Crested Butte), ☎ 800-390-1338, . checkin: 3:00PM; checkout: 11:00AM. edit
- Shangri-La (Luxury Log Home), 163 E Silver Sage, . checkin: 4PM; checkout: 10AM. Beautiful Luxury Log-Home with log furniture. 4,300 squarefeet. Very large suite size bedrooms and bathroom. 5 Bedrooms with one extra loft room (for grown ups).Kitchen, dishwasher, washing machine, linens, towels, and color TV, washer/dryer, telephone, stereo, microwave, pc/printer/fax and high speed wireless internet. Utilities such as gas, water, electricity, Cable TV in all rooms. edit