Coyhaique is a city in Aysén.
It is the main and largest city in the Northern Chilean Patagonia with a population of 55,000. The Carretera Austral goes through it.
- The nearest larger airport is Balmaceda 55 kilometers away.
- From the northern Carretera Austral: 2 buses/week from Chaitén (24,000 CLP, 12 hours as of Oct 2014), 1/day from La Junta, 1/day from Puerto Cisnes.
- From Chile Chico, the bus connections are coordinated with the ferry, whose schedule varies according to the day of the week. If coming from Los Antiguos and crossing the border first thing in the morning, connections will only be possible if the ferry departs after 10:00. Another more expensive option is to go through Puerto Rio Tranquilo (leaving Chile Chico at 10:30 in the morning) and catching the bus that departs at 16:00 to Coyhaique.
Coyhaique, itself, is a handsome city surrounded by dramatic mountains. It is the jumping-off point for visitors who want to travel through Chilean Patagonia's most beautiful and unspoiled landscapes. Fishermen, photographers, and savvy travelers from around the world are discovering Aysen, the true heart of Patagonia.
- Coyhaique National Reserve, (From Coyhaique drive North along rute 7, turn right after a few kilometers), . A small national reserve with several well kept paths for day hikes with varied flora and great views over Coyhaique. $2000. edit
- Salvaje Corazon  is a small custom provider of unique travel experiences to Chilean and Argentine Patagonia. Go to to spectacular locations that are little known and as yet uncrowded.
- Two big supermatkets are Unimarc and Bigger, both located on Lautaro street, next to the corner with A. Prat street.
- For outdoor equipment, there are a few shops in town: North Face and Patagonia close to the main square, a shop on A. Prat at the corner with F. Bilbao, a shop called Refugio Patagon (mainly for climbing) and another shop on Freire.
- For small nips, Parebon (on Dussen) is a very cute boutique, with handmade products from the region and reasonable prices.
- Casino de Bomberos, Gen Parra 365. Good value Chilean food in the fire station. edit
- Café Confluencia, 21 de Mayo 544. Lively café with live music. Serves, e.g., mexican style food. edit
- Chelenko, Peatonal Horn (next to Plaza de Armas). Steakhouse with delicious meat and good atmosphere. edit
- Heladeria Vitello, Arturo Prat 207. The ice cream in town 1900 for 1 savour; 2900 for 2 savours - big portions. edit
Everything is overpriced in Coyhaique. The cheapest options are around Lautaro street. A bed in a dorm goes from 13.000 (Apr 16).
- Hospedaje El Gaucho, Lautaro 432B (Opposite FullFresh supermarket), ☎ 88455291. Family run hostel, have kitchen, WiFi 13.000 CLP (Apr 16).. edit
- Patagonia Hostel, Lautaro (Between S.Bolivar and I. Serrano streets). Nice chilled hostel. 15.000 CLP for dorm (Apr 16).. edit
- Nathy Camping and Hostel, Avenida Almirante Simpson (Corner with Lord Cochrane street). Family run place. Right in town, around the corner of the supermarkets. Basic but nice. If camping you can use the shared facilities: kitchen, shower, wifi. 5.000 CLP for camping, 10.000 for bed (Apr 16).. edit
- Cabañas Los Pinos - 10 minutes away from the city, Cabañas (cabins) Los Pinos is very quiet place. For more references check  Phone: (56-67-234898)
- Hotelera San Rafael - Nice clean accommodation close to the centre. Cabins are good value.  Moraleda 343 Tel:233733
- Patagonia House Bed and Breakfast, Quinta 18 de Julio, Coyhaique, XI Región, Chile ([email protected]), ☎ tel (56) (67) 52 89 15, . checkin: flexible; checkout: flexible. Bed & Breakfast range. edit
- Hostal Español, Sargento Aldea 343, ☎ (67) 242 580, . Fine hotel with private bath, Wi-Fi, parking and not too far away from the center. edit
- Coyhaique River Lodge (Rumbo Patagon Outiftter), Km. 10 Camino a Coyhaique Alto (From town head East on Av General Baquedano which turns into Coyhaique Alto. At mile post Km.10 look for sign on your lef), ☎ 056-67-21971, . Coyhaique River Lodge is located on 40 acres just 5 miles outside the city of Coyhaique on the banks of the Coyhaique River. Serving full course meals with reservations. Conference room available. The 10,000 square foot lodge is designed to greet and host visitors who have come to enjoy the magnificent beauty of the region. Two king-size beds in each of the eight large guest rooms will spoil even the most particular of guests. After a full day of fly fishing and adventures, the large deck overlooking the picturesque Coyhaique River and endless mountains beyond, is the perfect place to relax and enjoy a sip of the local Pisco Sour or a glass of the finest Chilean wine. edit
- Salmo Patagonia Lodge, Camino a Laguna Verde 6, Casilla 25 Coyhaique - XI Región, Patagonia - Chile, ☎ +56-67-242404, . Just north of Coyhaique you will find one of Chile's most luxurious fly fishing operations. Accommodations include private, cozy cabins, a sauna, gourmet meals, an extensive wine collection, and a breathtaking view of the Simpson River valley. Enjoy fly fishing expeditions with world famous angler Luis Antúnez and his hundreds of hand-selected prime fishing spots. edit
- Hostal del Este, Lautaro 664, ☎ 09 7779 3218. The hotel doesn't look like much on booking.com but it is quite cosy, very clean, warm and has good wifi. Booking via telephone or showing up can ensure lower room prices. 29000$ for a double room. edit