County Kildare is in Ireland's East Coast and Midlands. It is south of Dublin and also borders County Wicklow and County Laois as well as County Meath.
Kildare is known as "the shortgrass county", revealing its fame for sheep farming in the plains to the south. It is the horsebreeding capital of Ireland and home to the Curragh Racecourse, as well as many studfarms. Historically, it was inside the Anglised area known as "The Pale" and ruled by landlords such as the Fitzgeralds. County Kildare is Ireland's wealthiest county outside Dublin with many middle and upper class residents mainly in the north east of the county eg Naas and Maynooth. The largest town is Naas with a population of 30,000 and is also is the county town.
- The Japanese Gardens. outside Kildare Town edit
- The Irish National Stud. outside Kildare Town located adjacent to The Japanese Gardens. This is a working thoroughbred horse farm. edit
- The Curragh Racecourse  – The Curragh is home to the five Irish Classic Horse Races
- Punchestown - http://www.punchestown.com/ Punchestown, near Naas is a steeplechase race track and home to the four day Punchestown Festival in late April
- Castletown House - http://kildare.ie/Heritage/historic-sites/castletown-house.asp Castletown House is open to the public for tours during the summer, serves food and is also a concert venue, with organic farmers market at weekends
- Golf There are some excellent golf courses in Kildare: The K Club (which hosted the 2006 Ryder Cup), Carton House, and Castlewarden Glof Clubs
- The Hanged Man Pub in Newtown, near The Curragh
- The Bradaun Restaurant , located in Leixlip House Hotel, Leixlip
- Mash Restaurant At The Osprey Hotel, Osprey Hotel, ☎ tel: +353 (0)45 881111 f, . Head Chef, Kevin Curran's blend of international fusion cuisine. Breakfast: Monday to Friday – 7.00am to 10.00am Saturday, Sunday & Bank Holidays – 8.00am to 11.00am Dinner: Monday to Saturday – 6.00am to 9.30pm edit
- Statler & Waldorf Bar & Lounge at The Osprey Hotel (Hotel Bar & Lounge in Naas), . With Capacity for up to 450 people, private bar area upstairs and outdoor courtyard. Bar food menu served Monday to Thursday – 3.00pm to 10.00pm Friday – 3.00pm to 9.00pm Saturday – 12.30pm to 9.00pm Sunday – 5.00pm to 9.00pm Carvery Monday to Friday – 12 noon to 3.00pm Sunday – 12.30pm to 5.00pm edit
- Club Bar & Lounge at The Keadeen Hotel, Newbridge, . edit
Dublin is accessible by car or from major towns by bus.