Corfu,  known also as Kerkyra, is the northernmost of the Ionian Islands in Greece. Located off of the far northwest coast of the country, Corfu lies in the Ionian sea, east of Italy and southwest of Albania. Historically Corfu has been controlled by many foreign powers, notably the Venetians, French, and British.
Regions and Towns
Corfu Town, known in modern Greek as Kerkira or Kerkyra, is the largest and most important town on the island. This is where the airport is located and where most cruise ships and long distance ferries dock. It is a small, pleasant city catering well to tourists.
The North of the island is wider and more mountainous. The coastal areas are well developed with good pebbly beaches.
The South of the island is less wide (only a few miles across from west to east) and tends to have sandier beaches. It also has a quieter and more genuine atmosphere especially south Messonghi on the east shore or Aloniki on the west shore.
Benitses is a very old, traditional fishing village. Benitses lies 12 km south of Corfu Town, and leads to the emerald valley. The water of the springs which flow from the mountains of Aghii Deka and Stavros, join together in two small rivers, giving the area the name Pinisse (derived from the ancient Greek word 'Pinio') = Pinitse = Benitses. The mild climate and the natural beauty of Benitses village has attracted a lot of tourists from the beginning of the century. It is only during the last 30 years that tourism has replaced all other sources of income and now is the sole occupation of the inhabitants during the summer season.
Gouvia is 7km north of Corfu Town. It is a typical touristic spot with a narrow pebble beach and does not deserve a long stay.
Messonghi (also known as Mesongí or Messogi). Another mainstream beach spot. You can use it as a base to go and explore the surroundings.
Moraitika The old village of Moraitika is situated about 18 kilometers away from Corfu’s town, being nestled in the hills of the area, while the coastal part of Moraitika boasts a picturesque beach with sand, mixed with pebbles. Along the beach you will find ample entertainment, shopping and dining opportunities, appealing to every type of traveler. Visitors may also enjoy the calm waters, offering safe swimming for children, while adventurous ones can try water sports out and other entertainment facilities. Finally, the area of Moraitika is also a nice base for exploring South Corfu: lots of villages nestled into the hillsides, attractive coves and fishing villages to the southeast and beaches that span many miles to the southwest.
Pontikonisi (Mouse Island) and Vlacheraina monastery, seen from the hilltops of Kanoni
The satisfactory infrastructure and the multiple possibilities for various activities are ideal for group holidays on Corfu and the nearby islands.
Motivation trips, congress tourism, school trips, Ferrari or antique cars clubs and Harley Davidson groups meet here every year.
Corfu's nature, sea and history have made sure so that you today, no matter when you come, or how long you will stay, or your style, you will certainly find original and interesting situations to exercise and to have fun. In a place with a tradition in tourism of at least 130 years, with Greek education and the influence of “nobility” from England, France and, surely, Venice, in a place which is used to welcoming the international jet-set for several decades now, the possibilities for sports and amusement are certainly impressive.
The climate of the archipelago of Corfu is warm mediterranean. The summer here is warm and relatively dry with a blue sky, often cooled by seasonal breezes, offering the ideal conditions for surfing, while rarely is it interrupted by rains. The mountainous areas are cooler. The winter here is mild. Rainfall occurs mainly from November till March. On average, there are 3000 hours of sun per year with an average daily sunshine duration of 8.5 hours.
Hours of sunshine
Spring here is impressive and offers visitors the privilege to enjoy the wealth of vegetation and colors, combined with high-taste tourism .
Easter celebration here becomes the experience of a lifetime .
Summer is the most popular season for Corfu, with beautiful beaches and crystal water for unconcerned hours on the beach.
Autumn is the season of vintage, the period during which the whole island smells of grapes; it may be the best time to get to know the routine of the island.
Christmas and New Year's Day in Corfu is music, hymns, carols, in a quiet, decorated place with a mild climate and a noble finesse.
Corfu "Ioannis Kapodistrias" airport (CFU) (IATA) is served by several airlines. Year-round both Aegean and Olympic airlines have flights to Athens. Also Sky Express flies from and to Corfu, from Preveza and several other islands such as Kefalonia, Zakinthos, Kithyra and Heraklion. In the high season (roughly easter through October), other airlines including German Wings, Easyjet, TuiFly, LTU, Ryanair, Transavia and Wizzair serve the island.
You can reach the city center from the Corfu Airport by taxi, shared shuttle or book a private transfer upfront.
Attention: Whenever you have a printing facility around you, make sure you check your return flight on line and have your boarding passes printed. This will give you peace of mind as leaving it for the last minute could be stressful: There aren't many webcafés or hotels with printers around. This is particularly recommended for Ryanair passengers as they charge you hefty just to print a boarding pass!
The authorities regulate tariffs for all licensed taxis. If the taxi is licensed, it displays a rate card in the window or on the dash. In case you don´t see any rate card, ask the taxi driver for the rate. The approx. cost of a ride from the airport to the city is 10 Euro. Taxis are obliged by law to issue receipts, however many tend to "forget" it, or even not starting the taximeter.
Corfu Airport Taxi page
Shared Shuttle Service can be reserved online. The approx. cost of a ride from Corfu Airport to Corfu is 16 GBP/person (Cabfind Holiday Transfers or Transfers Corfu).
Private Airport Transportation
If you prefer not to share a car with other people you can book a private transfer from the airport in advance. Most companies, which offer this service, require the booking has been made at least 24 hours in advance.
By Local Bus
Local bus number 15 goes from the airport to corfu town
Direct Ferry links exist to/from Venice, Ancona, Bari, Brindisi (Italy), Himara and Saranda (Albania) and Igoumenitsa, Patra (Greece) . As of March 2008, a bunk in a four- person cabin from Venice to Corfu was €107.
Cruise ships dock at Corfu's New Port, which has a terminal with a welcome center (pick up an excellent town map). Outside the terminal to your left is a long parking lot with rental cars and taxis, and beyond that a public bus stop. From the New Port, you can see the Old Fortress, about 3 km to the east. To get to the Old Fortress, you can take a shuttle, if the cruise ship provides one ( €7), or a 10-minute taxi ride for about €17, or walk along the seafront for about 30 minutes. There is also a public bus (Port / Kefalomandouko No.2b Blue Bus Stop) at the end of the large port parking lot that will take you to Old Port Square by the New Fortress for €1.70. More information can be found in a port guide.
In your own yacht
If you come in your own yacht the Marina, Gouvia offers you a comfortable stay, very close to Corfu town, while in the town you can moor off at the NAOK harbour, as well as at the Old Port. You can also moor off at Benitses Marina, not far from Corfu town.
There are two types of buses in Corfu - Blue buses serve Corfu town and the environs, Green buses serve the rest of the island.
The Blue bus terminal in Corfu Town is in San Rocco Square. The bus information kiosk displays timetables and provides maps showing exactly where the buses terminate (some terminate a few blocks south of the square). Bus stops have electronic displays, and self-service ticket machines. Tickets are single-journey only and must be validated on the bus. They can be bought from the machines, or from the driver (for €0.50 more) (see full timetable here. Useful lines include the number 7 which goes to and from Dasia every 20 minutes (30 minutes on Sundays), the 10 which goes to and from Achilion every two hours, the 6 to and from Benitses (not quite hourly) and the 11 to and from Pelekas every 2-3 hours.
The airport bus is No 15 - check the timetable as frequency varies during the day with some big gaps. It is only a ten-minute ride, and costs €1.20. Number 6 Benitses bus also goes past the end of the airport access road from where it is a 500m walk to the terminal.
The Green Bus Station is near the New Port, from where buses depart for all villages of Corfu Island. Regular departures to Paleokastritsa, Sidari, Kavos, Roda, Acharavi, Kassiopi
A full timetable can be found here.
There are plently of taxi lines in Corfu Town.
- between the Spaniada and the cricket ground.
- at the heart of the shopping center of the town in Methodiou street
- at the Old Port
- at the New Port
- many others in Gouvia, Dassia, Benitses, Ipsos, the Airport etc.
And there is the radio taxi which can be reached by phone at +30 26610 33811
You can rent a car at the airport or through one of many local companies. International franchises such as Hertz have counters at the airport and the main ferry terminals). For your peace of mind, you may opt for one of these as some travellers have had bad experiences with lesser known companies and their so-called 'full' insurance coverages.
In general, it is cheaper to pre-book a car rental via the Internet before arriving. Many of the roads are very narrow so it can be better to choose a small car. While there is a good road running North-South along the East coast from Sidari to Lefkimmi and from Corfu town across the island to Paleokastritsa, many roads have poor surfacing. Often the insurance provided for hire cars does not cover damage to the underside of the car so watch out for large holes in the road. Car rental companies often provide a free map but you may find it worth buying one in advance as the maps are not especially good, especially for the North-West interior. Unfortunately online mapping tools like Google Maps are not accurate enough to offset the low accuracy of some addresses so it is highly recommended you come with your own GPS device.
Also, be careful to rent Quads in Ypsos. Some local companies have been reported to rent out unsafe and faulty Quads.
A great way to explore the island and access beaches that can't be easily accessed otherwise is to rent a boat. Most towns have at least one boat rental company and boats up to 30HP do not require a licence to hire. Boat hire in corfu
An automatic bike sharing scheme, called EasyBike Brainbox is available to rent bicycles.
Old Town of Corfu
The Old Town of Corfu has many historical sights and churches.
The Old Fortress and the Mandraki marina, viewed from the northwest.
- The Esplanade (Spianada), between the Old Fortress and Old Town. This huge open parade ground and park, just west of the Old Fortress, is bordered on the north by the old royal Palace (now the Museum of Asian Art) and on the west by the Liston, built by the French under Napoleon to resemble the Rue du Rivoli in Paris. Some say the Esplanade is the most beautiful esplanade in Greece. edit
- Old Fortress (Paleo Frourio), eastern point of Corfu town peninsula, ☎ 26610/48310. Apr-Oct, Tue-Sun 8am-4pm; Nov-Mar, Tue-Sum 7am-3pm. Built by the Venetians in 1546 on the site of a Byzantine castle, the fortress is separated from the rest of the town by a moat. Its two peaks ("korypha") gave the island its name. To the west, you have a gorgeous view of the town and to the east the mountainous Albania coast. Most of the Venetian fortifications inside were destroyed by the British, who replaced them with their own structures, like the Church of St. George, built to look like a Doric temple. €6/€3. edit
- Palace of St. Michael and St. George (Palaia Anaktora), at the north end of the Esplanade, ☎ 26610/30443. Tue-sun, 8:30am-4pm. This elegant 19th century Regency palace, site of the 1994 EU Summit, houses the Museum of Asian Art, a notable collection of Asian porcelains, Japanese ukiyo-e prints, Indian sculpture, and Tibetian temple art. €3. edit
A big village with a lot of water, green and legends built on a height of 200 meters. According to a legend, in old times, the Nymphs used to bathe in the village's waterfalls. A walk to the wells and the waterfalls is enough to make you understand why this legend exists! It is almost certain that you will come across a nymph, too and if you are lucky, you will see her bathe in the water especially in spring.
After your walk to the myths, it is a good idea to visit the premises of the Agriculture Co-operative which elaborates kum-kuat and produces liquor and sweets. You will be offered some for free and you will have the chance to try the different liquor qualities (and of course, buy some, if you like).
Just outside the village, you can visit Askitario, a small but historic monastery. According to tradition, here lived in the 5th century the monk Artemios Paissios from Epirus, who is said to have worked many wonders.
A traditional village of the Messi Region of Corfu and only 10 km away from Corfu town and airport, which is a must visit.
Old mansions of the 17th to 19th centuries, a marble church, a 17th century monastery and a museum (and the only one on the island) devoted to the olive tree with one of the world famous restaurants on the island tavern « Trypas ».
The narrow tiled paths invite you to walk on them, looking at the small squares and at the houses which preserve the traditional colors.
The main church is devoted to the Virgin Mary and it is in the central square. It is a traditional church with unique architecture and an impressive marble entrance. Inside, there are frescoes of the 18th century Ionian School of Painting. At the edge of the village there is the monastery of Agia Paraskevi, built in the 17th century.
A typical Corfiot village on the slope of a green hill. You should go for a walk to Bella Vista to admire the view over the bay of Paleokastritsa and relax in one of the picturesque coffee shops. If you like trekking there is a path leading down to Paleokastritsa. The surnames of the inhabitants of the region refer to the soldiers who supported Angelokastro in the late Byzantine period, as well as to refugees from Mani.
Among the houses of the 18th and 19th centuries you will find churches and traditional coffee shops. At the central church you will see donations of the first emigrants to America of the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
Visit the village resort of Roda on Corfu's northern coast. Traditionally a fishing village, the area has retained its chararcter while developing in to a popular destination for holidays. Unique in the sense that the old village still exists at the heart of the resort, locals mix with the different nationalities who visit time and time again. Roda is a contained resort, without the typical sprawl. There is plenty of accommodation, bars, restaurants which offer a wide range of menus, typical Greek and Corfiot dishes, Italian, Chinese and others. Roda is a relaxed resort but has a good nightlife, with nice bands, singers and comedy shows as well as the ever popular kareoke. If you want a laid back holiday, then Roda is the place, with quiet corners and a beautiful sandy beach, Roda offers something for everyone.
Statue of Achilles thniskon (dying) at the Achilleion gardens
Achilleion (Greek: Αχίλλειον) is a palace built in Corfu by Empress of Austria Elisabeth of Bavaria, also known as Sissi after a suggestion by Austrian Consul Alexander von Watzberg. Sissi was a woman obsessed with beauty and very powerful but tragically vulnerable since the loss of her only son, Crown Prince Rudolf of Austria in the Mayerling affair in 1889. A year later in 1890 she built a summer palace in the region of Gastouri (Γαστούρι), now the municipality of Achilleion, about ten kilometres to the south of the city of Corfu. The palace was designed with the mythical hero Achilles as its central theme.
Located in the north east" phone, Old Perithia is Corfu's Oldest Village. A Heritage Protected Site in a Designated Area of Natural Beauty. The village is locates at 408m above sea level and nestles below Mount Pantokrator, it was once a hideaway from pirate attacks with a look out tower from which you could see, but not be seen from the sea. There are 8 churches and 130 houses, some in various states of disrepair, but the village offers an excellent example of the Venetian influence on the island and it is said that Old Perithia was once the wealthiest of the villages.
In its heyday, It had an abundance of oak trees, vines and thousands of sheep roaming the mountainside. As olives would not grow so well at this height, the oaks and vines remained, along with other fruits, cherry, fig, walnut and almond to name but a few. There is on four star accommodation in the village, The Merchant's House B&B whose owners are credited with it recent restorations, and four tavernas - that are open all summer, and at weekends throughout the winter.
The village is located 7km up from the coast road, opposite Ice Dreams, and clearly signposted. Most of the 8 churches are family owned but Agios Iakovos Persis, the church at the (now) entrance to the village is being lovingly restored and contains some remarkable frescoes inside. It is due to open to the public from late 2014. Parking is limited and there is a no through sign as the village is only accessible to the few residents who currently live there.
A former fishing village and one of the most traditional Corfiot villages with unique natural beauty and a very popular and famous tourist destination, used to be the first tourist resort of Corfu.
is situated on the Eastern coast of Corfu, only 12 kilometers from Corfu town, and 9 kilometers from the international airport Ioannis Kapodistrias. The coastal road of Benitses is full of hotels, restaurants, cafes and other shops that offer everything the most demanding visitor can ask. Benitses is surrounded by the mountains in one side and the aquamarine waters of the Ionian Sea in the other, this unique combination of nature with the hospitality of the residents, which are very familiar with different cultures, are what make visitors to love the place. 2 miles to the north there is the famous Achilleion palace.
Corfu Golf Club, Ermones. Located only 14 km away from Corfu Town and 900 metres from the beach, Corfu Golf Club was designed in 1969 by the famous Swiss based architect Donald Harradine, who blended the natural beauty of the Ropa Valley with manmade hazards to make the course a good but fair test, enjoyable for all categories of golfers. The tree lined fairways and the bunkers combine with several lakes and meandering streams, to make an attractive picture against a backcloth of hills and mountains. · The course is open 7 days a week, from 08.00 until 18.00 (office hours), though you may play until dusk. Buggies, clubs, trolleys and lockers are available for rent, and the restaurant offers a fine selection of Greek dishes. More info in 
Aqualand, Agios Ioannis. One of the biggest Water Parks in the world, Aqualand offers a great combination of fun, relaxation and adrenaline. Equipped with 51 slides, pools and a wide variety of other games suitable for all young kids as well as adults. Book tickets online at https://aqualandcorfu.com/tickets-passes/
On the West side of the island, the beaches are sandier while the East tends to have calmer waters.
- Sidari. A fair sized resort dominated by British tourists. At one end of the beach is the "Canal de l'Amour": sand stone cliffs with narrow inlets, a natural archway and small paths to explore.
- Dasia and Ipsos. A narrow stony beach with relatively calm waters. The resort runs along the road so there's a good variety of shops and tavernas.
- Kassiopi. One of the more relaxed and atmospheric resorts with a pretty bay and beach that is mostly stony. The waters are crystal clear and calm. Somewhat spoilt by the prevalence of tacky tourist bars/cafes catering to the many English tourists that crowd the town.
- Glifada. A long wide sandy beach with fairly rough waters. The resort is somewhat isolated.
- Pelekas beach. Even more isolated than Glifada. Also a nice sandy beach.
- Lefkimmi beach. A wide long sandy beach that is quiet due to being in the less busy South. There's a practical taverna with a children's playground. The waters are extremely calm and very shallow, even out for quite some distance.
- Barbati beach . A wide long pebbly beach with bars, restaurants and boat hire.
- Chalikounas beach. A very long, virgin stretch of land, caught between Chalikiopoulos' Lake and the Adriatic sea. The natural landscape here is unique, it is a great place to get away from the world and just enjoy both sea and sun away from the mass tourism crowds. You can rent a pair of long chairs for 6 euros a day. You can also take kite surfing lessons next to the bar.
- Issos beach. Next to Chalikounas, again on the southwest of Corfu, this beach has a desert motive, because of the high sand hills right next to the seashore. Bring your bike and enjoy the terrain, or just enjoy the panoramic view from high above.
- Prasoudi beach. High cliffs hang over your head, clean waters and a mix of sand and pebbles on this remote beach.
- Messonghi beach Gentle current, ideal for children, clean water with sand, pebbles and plenty of little fish.
- Benitses A former fishing village and one of the most traditional Corfiot villages with unique natural beauty and a very popular and famous tourist destination, for many decades used to be the first tourist resort of Corfu, it is situated on the Eastern coast of Corfu, only 12 kilometers from Corfu town, and 9 kilometers from the international airport Ioannis Kapodistrias.
The coastal road of Benitses is full of hotels, restaurants, cafes and other shops that offering everything the most demanding visitor can ask.
Benitses is surrounded by the mountains on one side and the turquoise waters of the Ionian Sea on the other, just 2 miles to the north lays the famous Achilleion palace.
- Premier Internet Café, main road, Moraitika (GPS 39.485777,19.924994). A nice bar with an excellent service. There is an internet café section with a dozen computers and a couple of printers available.
Corfu is an ideal location for a keen walker. The North is fairly rugged with Mt. Pantokrator, the highest mountain. Beneath the mountain is Corfu's oldest village, Ano (Upper) Perithia. At the other extreme is Korission Lake (in the South), an inland lake, separated by a thin sand bar from the sea.
The Corfu Trail is a 222km long distance footpath covering the full length of the islands. The route is well signed and a book accompanies the trail , there is also an introduction, history and walking guide for Old Perithia, Corfu's oldest village which you pass through on the Corfu Trail.
Explore Corfu on your own schedule.
- TP Rentals (TP Rentals), Airport, Corfu 49 100, ☎ +30 6944 938 952, . TP Rentals offers cars and Motorbikes for rent in Corfu.Excellent car and motorbike rental services with great rates and delivery services for free. We have 5 central offices spread throughout Corfu. Email us at [email protected] edit
- Mega Rent a Car (Mega Rent a Car), Pelekas, Corfu 49 100, ☎ +30 69462 74485, . Mega Rent a Car offers cars for rent in Corfu. A family run car rental company with over 30 years experience. Email us at [email protected] edit
- Ionian Car Hire (Ionian Car Hire), Airport, Corfu 49 100, ☎ +30 69462 74485, . Ionian Car Hire offers cars for rent in Corfu. Established over 12 years ago, our business has considerable experience in renting cars to holidaymakers visiting the island of Corfu. Email us at [email protected] edit
- Dimitra & Manos (Dimitra & Manos rent a car corfu), Airport, Corfu 49 100, ☎ +30 26630 99089, . Dimitra & Manos offers cars for rent in Corfu. Our company, which has been interacting with customers for over 25 years, offers car rental services of the greatest quality, while car rentals are being provided in the best prices so that you are able to enjoy your stay and transportation on Corfu to the fullest. Email us at [email protected] edit
- Cars2Go (Cars2Go), Airport, Corfu 49 100, ☎ +30 26610 33000, . Cars2Go offers cars for rent in Corfu. Cars2Go, a car rental company, was founded in 1988 and is based on Corfu. Email us at [email protected] edit
- Automax (Automax), Τρία Γεφύρια, Corfu 49 100, ☎ +30 26610 47800, . Automax offers cars and motorhomes for rent in Corfu. Automax has decided to be more innovative by launching car and motorhome rental services so that you go on a real adventure while on Corfu. Email us at [email protected] edit
- Cosmos (Cosmos), Airport, Corfu 49 100, ☎ +30 26610 33609, . Cosmos offers cars for rent in Corfu. Cosmos-Corfu Airport Car Rental has been operating for over 30 years in Corfu car hire services with hundreds of returners. Email us at [email protected] edit
- Low Cost (Low Cost), Gouvia, Corfu 49 100, ☎ +30 6932 904 186, . Corfu Low Cost Car Rental constitutes the most reliable Corfu car hire company, boasting an extremely experienced staff and a wide range of vehicles at the best prices. Email us [email protected] edit
- Infinity Car Hire (Infinity Car Hire), Airport, Corfu 49 100 (Our car hire company is located just 500m away from Corfu airport, where you can also find “Labiko” car wash, providing excellent vehicle cleaning services.), ☎ tel:(+30) 26610 80698, . Our car hire company is located just 500m away from Corfu airport, where you can also find “Labiko” car wash, providing excellent vehicle cleaning services. Our company has been operating in the automotive industry for 20 years, creating a friendly team, that consists of people that happily provide you with services and cars of excellent quality. (39.6105674,19.9021291) edit
- Auto Rent Corfu (Auto Rent Corfu), Tria Gefyria - Airport, Corfu 49100, Greece, ☎ (+30) 26610 47800, . Auto Rent Corfu is located on Corfu and has been operating in the automotive industry for more than 20 years, by selling new and pre-owned cars. From now on Auto Rent Corfu has decided to be more innovative by launching car rental services so that you go on a real adventure while on Corfu. Auto Rent Corfu is proud to offer great car rentals in Corfu along with excellent customer service. Focusing on purchasing only the most reliable cars , you will have the safest driving experience with our cars rentals in Corfu. Email us [email protected] edit
- Katerina's Cars (Katerina's Cars), Nissaki, Corfu 49 083, ☎ +30 26630 91222, . If you are planning on exploring Northeast Corfu, then Katerina’s Cars is the car hire company that can satisfy your needs offering a wide variety of choices concerning vehicles and services.. Email us at [email protected] edit
- United Car Rental, Kosta Georgaki 31, Corfu, ☎ (+30) 698 372 7453, . Corfu United Rent A Car would like to welcome you to Corfu Island an ideal destination for your holidays.. Email us at [email protected] (39.6120882,19.913135) edit
- Corfu Explore Car Hire (Corfu Airport Car Rental), Corfu Airport, ☎ (+30) 693 836 7886, . Corfu Explore Car Hire is a family-run business that offers the best value for money services when it comes to Corfu Airport Car Rental. Email us at [email protected] (39.6119154,19.9133152) edit
There is a lot of yachting going on in Corfu and the Ionian, which, in general, is an ideal place for sailing and yachting with steady fair winds all summer long.
- Discovery Yachting Charter, Gouvia Marina, Corfu, ☎ +30 6948 388098, . Discovery Yachting offers yachts for sailing in the Ionian. Email us at [email protected] edit
- Motoryacht Pyewacket, Gouvia Marina, Corfu, ☎ +30 697 9230011 +44 786 7802829, . Motoryacht Pyewacket is the newest addition in Gouvia Marina , it's a 20m motor charter yacht made by sunseeker with two professional UK/Dutch Crew members on there third season in the Ionian. edit
- Nautilia Yachting (Yacht Charter Greece), Gouvia marina, 49083 Tzavros, Corfu, Greece, ☎ +30 6943 100 568, . Nautilia Yachting is based in Greece, officially licensed by the Greek National Tourism Organization and specialized in organizing yacht charters in Greece (39.649253,19.852366) edit
- Greece Boat (Greece Yacht Charters), Gouvia marina, Corfu, Greece, ☎ 886 462 3013, . Greece Boat offers customized private crewed charters on luxury yachts in Corfu and Ionian Islands and all of Greece. edit
- Cookly Liza's Corfu Cooking Classes, Gouvia, Corfu. 49100, ☎ +30 6943871351 ([email protected]), . This cooking class offer a 100% hands on and home style cooking class. You will learn how to cook some famous and traditional Greek dishes in Liza’s comfortable home. If you are looking for a chance to acquire new cooking skill in the beautiful home with a breathtaking panoramic views overlooking Corfu, plus relaxing over a friendly environment with a good conversation, this class is highly recommended:) € 70. edit
Eat at Agni Bay either in the evenings or during the day, arrive on foot or by boat, there are 3 places to eat on the beach all excellent, some of the best food ever. Water Taxis run some evenings from some of the surrounding villages. Prices are high here (as featured in Gerald Durrell's My Family and Other Animals)
- Captains (Captain George's), Nafiskas 35, Kanoni (opposite Corfu Holiday Palace). 12:00-24:00. A traditional, family run taverna. The food is hearty and home-cooked. Vast menu includes traditional Greek favorites like spanakopita, tzadziki, and hummus but also spaghetti and burgers! modest. edit
- Klimataria or Grapevine, benitses (opposite blue bus stop in benitses), ☎ 00302661071201, . 7PM-11PM. If you aren't a seafood fan then this restaurant might not appeal to you as there are limited alternatives, although there is a good selection for vegetarians. Its a family run business and the setting, a very old building, must be the most photographed building in Benitses. Eat early to get a table as the locals rarely eat before 22.00. 10-40€.pp. edit
- To Fagopotion, Agios Stefanos. Worth visiting but praise in the Guardian newspaper on 13 09 08 (ostentatiously displayed at the entrance) may have gone to chef Christos Vlachos' head. Don't let him bully you. Some of the cooking is good, some is ordinary, and some has the feel of leftovers from the night before. edit
- HARMA Cafe Snack Bar, Eleftheriou Benizelou 46, ☎ 2661046975. A cafe by the port serving sandwiches, deserts. ice cream and drinks. Owners are American. Have free Wi-Fi. edit
- Maska Taverna, 41, Nafsikas St, Kanoni, ☎ +302661081336, . Traditional & family taverna located in Kanoni are the two main objectives of owners Thanassis & Marianna Vassilas whom bare a long history in restaurants since the grand father of Thanassis was Yiannis Halikias, owner of “Paniperi” the first taverna in Corfu , dating back to 1895. edit
- Ambelonas Corfu (The vineyard), karoumbatika (on the road to Pellekas village), ☎ +306932158888, . 7pm-10:30pm We,Th.Fr. Situated in a wild natural setting with panoramic view of central Corfu, is a simple and flexible space, combining gastronomy with a playful touch. You may enjoy original cooking with fresh ingredients combined with ACORDO products (www.acordo.gr); Local authentic wines from the vineyard - white grapes kakotrigis, Red grapes skopelitiko 10-30euro. edit
- Junipers Restaurant, Kassiopi (opposite main car park), ☎ 2663081273. Family run Restaurant serving home made fresh food. Dishes include many English dishes along with home made curries and some Mexican dishes. Fresh Salmon and Sea bass. edit
- Taverna Minore, Messonghi. Excellent food for a reasonable price served by very friendly staff. A salatarama (starter) and a minestrone and a rice with seafood along with a small bottle of water total less than 14 euros. The restaurant is located in one the two roads that lead to the main road. edit
- Old School Taverna (Traditional Greek Taverna in Kassiopi, corfu), Kassiopi (near Old Harbour Kassiopi), ☎ +30 2663 081211, . Family restaurant. Traditional cuisine. (39.790279,19.92263) edit
- Boukari Beach Fish Restaurant, Boukari Beach, Corfu, ☎ +30 26620 51791, . 12:00-23:00. Boukari Beach Restaurant offers a wide variety of fresh fish, sea food & traditional home-cooked Greek specialities. €€. (39.4597825,19.9712318) edit
As elsewhere in Greece, olive wood, ceramic and leather goods are common. In addition to many tourist shops in places such as Corfu town, you will find small shops along some of the more major roads, often combined with the factory/workshop. In some remoter areas, you may find locals selling locally produced wine, honey and olive oil from small street-side stalls.
The main shopping street in Corfu Old Town, Theotoki Nikiforou Street, connects the Esplanade (by the Old Fortress) with Spilia (by the Old Port and New Fortress).
Gingerbeer. Corfu was a British protectorate and gingerbeer is one of the British style drinks that the locals adopted with enthusiasm. The Greek version is simply excellent. Ask for it at Liston or better restaurants and coffee houses. Locally it is called "Tsitsibeera".
- Callao Beach Bar (Day-to-Night Kalami Beach Bar Corfu), Kalami Bay (Right in front of San Antonio Corfu Resort), ☎ 00302661091825, . Callao bar-restaurant is an elegant yet unpretentious place, where visitors of all ages can relax & enjoy amazing food & cocktails next to Kalami Bay edit
Corfu has countless options for accommodation - from 5 star hotels in Corfu town to spare rooms you will only find by asking around as well as many private villa and vacation rentals that are typically booked in advance or online. With so many people staying in Croatia and other hot spots, accommodation in Corfu is plentiful, but note that most of the accommodation is in the coastal areas - budget hotels are not so easy to find in Corfu Town.
- Belmare Corfu hotel (Corfu luxury hotel), (Kassiopi village), . A friendly family run hotel close to Avlaki beach of Corfu island. edit
- City Corfu Marina Hotel (Corfu city hotel), (Corfu City), ☎ +30 26610 39505 ([email protected], fax: +30 26610 33708), . A classic hotel with a modern style. edit
- Hotel Corfu Secret, Agios Markos, ☎ +30 2103245475 ([email protected], fax: +30 2661097931), . checkin: 12:00; checkout: 12:00. Lowest price: 45€. edit
- Corfu Villa Lefki, Chalikouna beach, . Newly built villa on a unique virgin beach, next to St. Matthew village in the southwest of the island edit
- Family Studios, Marathias Beach, . Budget studios and apartments which was recently renovated, it is run by very friendly family and staff, situated right on the sea front of Marathias beach. edit
- Govino Bay Hotel, Gouvia 491 00, ☎ +30 26610 90600 ([email protected]), . In front of Gouvia Bay. Most of the resort is covered by green gardens, olive and palm trees. The complex is build amphitheatrically, with buildings of four to five apartments each one, all scattered around. edit
- Kaiser Bridge Hotel, Benitses, ☎ +30 26610 72096, +30 26610 72190 (fax: +30 26610 72098), . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. Hotel Kaiser Bridge is situated right on the beach, 9 km to the south of Corfu Town, between Perama and the picturesque fishing village of Benitses. Just 10 m from the beach, the hotel has breathtaking views of the shorelines of mainland Greece, Pontikonissi and of course of the famous Kaiser’s Bridge, once used by Queen Sissi to access Achillion Palace, which is situated just 1.5 km above the hotel in the village of Gastouri. Jorgos and the rest of the familly where great hosts. Lowest price: 18€ depending on the season. edit
- Lena Mare Hotel Apartments, Acharavi, ☎ +30 26630 63713 ([email protected], fax: +30 26630 63717), . checkin: 12:00; checkout: 12:00. Lena Mare Hotel Apartments is a luxury hotel in the Acharavi area on the northern section of the island of Corfu. Lowest price: 40€. edit
- Marlina Corfu Villas, Kommeno, . at Kommeno bay, 8 kilometers from the airport. edit
- Palms and Spas, Corfu Boutique Apartments, Messonghi Beach (18km from Corfu Town), ☎ +302661075266, . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 11:00. Elegant and design apartments within olive groves and palm trees, overlooking the Ionian Sea. The accommodation has Suite rooms (with private outdoors jacuzzi/hot-tub, living-room) and smaller knit Studios; all have sea views and Messonghi beach is just 100 meters/5 mins away. Free Wi-Fi in the rooms and parking in site. from 39 €/night. (39.4711852347125,19.9377393722534) edit
- Pantokrator Hotel, (Barbati village), . Northeast of Corfu town, next to Barbati, one of the island's most picturesque villages. Panoramic views over the southern part of the island. edit
- Saint Nicholas Hotel, Gouvia, Corfu, ☎ +30 26610 91621, . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. edit
- The Pink Palace, Agios Gordios Beach, ☎ +30 26610 53103 ([email protected]), . checkin: 24 hrs; checkout: 9AM. A backpacker spot, the hostel offers free transportation from the ferry via their pink bus, and new arrivals are given a shot of pink liquor. Activities offered at the Pink Palace include a Kayak and ATV rental, as well as a number of guided activities such as other island excursions. Most other activities on offer (of which there are plenty) revolve around drinking - the booze cruise for example (jump off the big rock naked and get free beer) and the hostel's own club - packed out during the summer months. Breakfast and dinner are included in the price of the room. Dorms, Standard and Deluxe rooms available. Shared dorm with breakfast is about 25€. edit
- Sunrock, (Pelekas Beach), ☎ 0030 26610 94637 ([email protected]), . Sunrock, also on the West Coast, down the cliff from Pelekas. This is a much more low key, relaxed place, just up from Pelekas beach; one of the best sandy beaches on the island. Many people find themselves here in order to escape from the incessant partying down the coast, yet Sunrock has a bar and is often full of young people with a less commercially oriented party in mind. A shuttle is normally offered to carry passengers from the port, and during warmer months daily scooter rentals are available. edit
- The Merchant's House Boutique Bed & Breakfast (The Merchant's House), Old Perithia, Corfu 49081 (Located in Corfu's oldest village in the north-east of the island), ☎ +30 6988 712 885, . checkin: 14.30; checkout: 11.00. The Merchant's House Boutique Bed & Breakfast is in Corfu's oldest village, Old Perithia, in the attractive north-east of the island. There are just six suites in beautifully restored houses dating back to 1828, providing a unique accommodation in a Heritage Protected Site (dating back to the 14thc) and Area of Natural Beauty. A perfect and exclusive location for walking, painting and other gentle pursuits, or simply relaxing in the countryside beneath Mount Pantokrator (the island's tallest mountain.) For those wishing to enjoy the cobalt blue seas, beautiful beaches are just 15 minutes drive away. from 130. edit
- Active Kerkyra, potbox 5208, 49087, ☎ 0049402208067, . checkin: 13:00; checkout: 10:00. Budget studios and apartments with pool at Liapades Beach ,covered by green garden ,swimming pool area 25. edit
- Casa Nuova, 49087 Liapades Beach, ☎ 0049402208067, . checkin: 12:00; checkout: 9:00. Comfortable houses with pool at famous Rovinia Beach, all scattered around,picturesque view, jut 10 minutes from beach and village square, pool ,dogs allowed 55. edit
- Corfu Santa Barbara-Maria Apartments, Perivoli, South Corfu, ☎ 00302662023151, . (39.412957,19.986497,) edit
- S&O Villas, Krevatsoula Dassia, Corfu, Greece, ☎ +302661093400, . S&O villas are 5 private beach villas in Corfu. Located near Dassia village, S&O villas in Corfu offer spacious layout, well-manicured gardens, pools & view to the Ionian Sea. edit
- Isabella Country House, Gouvia (When you arrive in Gouvia from Corfu Town, turn left at the traffic light near the Diellas supermarket. Drive for about 300m then turn right). Quiet and boutique sized studios and family apartments with swimming pooland free wifi. Friendly staff and owners. edit
- MarBella Corfu, . Touched by the Ionian Sea, the recently renovated MarBella luxury hotel in Corfu, Greece, is a beach resort for memorable island holidays. edit
- Castelli Cottage, Acharavi, Fourni, Corfu, ☎ +306947303522, . Castelli cottage is a traditional 150 years old stone house, fully restored and renovated, integrated into the modern way of life. The guesthouse is located in a green natural environment that exudes calm and laxity, among centenarian olive trees and cypresses, with a view to the northern coast of the island and to the off-coast island of Othonoi. edit
- Anna Studios Corfu, Agios Gordios, ☎ +30 693 270 1192, . checkin: 10:00; checkout: 13:00. Anna Studios are located just 200 meters from the beautiful beach of Agios Gordios. The property is ideal for couples and small groups. Anna studios provides friendly and welcoming service that will make you feel like home. 40€. edit
- V Luxury suites (V Luxury Suites Perma, Corfu), Perama, Corfu (Perama is located on the eastern side of Corfu; about eight kilometers south of the town of Corfu, in a short distance from the clear blue sea, surrounded by olive groves and boasts several beautiful pebble beaches.), ☎ 0030 23102 27770, . V luxury Suites stands out for its location and brand new facilities. Located only a few meters from an endless beach, in the picturesque village of Perama, and 8 km away from the old town of Corfu, V luxury Suites is nothing less than a tranquil, reinvigorating summer paradise! edit
- San Antonio Corfu Resort (Adults Only hotel in Kalami, Corfu), Kalami, Kerkyra (Kalami Bay), ☎ 26630 91368, . Elegant 4-star hotel in the most privileged seafront location in North-East Corfu. (39.7452648,19.934515) edit
- Nasos Hotel & Resort (Nasos Hotel & Resort Moraitika, Corfu), Moraitika (https://nasoshotel.com/getting-here/), ☎ (+30) 26610 75343, . Nasos Hotel & Resort is located in Moraitika of Corfu, a famous area to the southeast, providing guests with exceptional facilities concerning accommodation, food and entertainment. (39.4818687,19.928706) edit
- Bella Vista Hotel & Studios (Benitses Beach Corfu), Benitses (https://bellavistahotel.gr/maps-and-directions/), ☎ 26610 72087, . The hotel offers its guests a unique chance to feel part of a big family, in a home away from home, surrounded by a relaxing and comfortable atmosphere. The surroundings simply do the rest: from the astonishing cobalt blue sea, to the richness in taste and variety of the Corfiot culture and cuisine, guests are sure to leave Corfu with a lasting impression and heart-warming memories of their stay here at Bella Vista Hotel. (39.5413001,19.9133706) edit
- Town House Co, 10A Kapodistriou street & Leondos street, ☎ 6944 858 815, . The Town House Co project started in 2017 and is a branded chain of townhouses, renovated and decorated in a stylish and modern way, offered for short and long-term rentals, for a holiday or business trip, for absolute relaxation and tranquility. edit
- Villa Bratou (Villa in Central Corfu), Επαρ.Οδ. Ποντής-Μεσσογγής (near Stroggili), ☎ 6986223163, . Surrounded by olive oil trees, in a peaceful and quite area, Villa Bratou gives a nature sense of relaxation to visitors. You can book each house separately or you can have the whole complex in order to enjoy your vacations on Corfu. edit
- Villa Inception, Παρέλια (On the edge of Pelekas village), ☎ 6940 611 294, . This luxurious villa invites contemporary visitors to enjoy peaceful moments in an idyllic landscape, in the village of Pelekas, offering spectacular views to crystalline waters. Situated just within a 5-minute drive away from the amazing beach of Glyfada, this villa is a unique choice for spending your holidays on the island of Corfu. (39.592282,19.8148712) edit
- Villa Socrates (Villa with swimming pool in Porta Village Corfu), Porta, Corfu 49081 (https://villasocrates.com/getting-to-porta/), ☎ +30 6971 788 946, . checkin: 17:00 - 23:30; checkout: 00:00 - 10:00. Stylishly designed in harmony with nature, Villa Socrates is a pleasure to stay in. It offers ample space both inside and out for life’s true pleasures. This is a villa for all the family and friends included. There are flat surfaces throughout, allowing for easy pram and wheelchair access. A large dining table serves as the natural meeting point inside the villa with a portable BBQ and another dining area outdoors. You can practice your morning rituals and treat yourself to some serious massage and beauty pampering. (39.6779109,19.8107329) edit
- Kassiopi View Villas (Two private villas situated in the exclusive area of Anatoliko, Kassiopi.), Kassiopi, ☎ +30 6984 189 795, . Kassiopi Corfu Villas has two private villas for rent built on large, virgin land in a prime spot within Kassiopi. Guests can enjoy the quiet location whilst still being walking distance to Kassiopi village. edit
- Orchard Villas (Four villas overlooking the sea in Corfu), Yaliskari Bay, Loustri, North East Corfu (VILLA ELIA Situated 150 metres above the exquisite Yaliskari bay,), ☎ (+30) 26610 33909, . Tucked away in the Estate, are the uniquely designed Olive Tree (Elia), Lemon Tree (Lemonia), Orange Tree (Portokalia) and Walnut Tree (Karydia) Villas. edit
- Aqualand Resort Corfu (All Inclusive Resort with Water Park), Agios Ioannis, Corfu (You caneasily access Aqualand Resort by taxti, by car and by bus), ☎ (+30) 26610 58583, . Aqualand Resort Corfu is an All Inclusive family fun Resort with Water Park in Agios Ioannis, Corfu. Book now & Discover a new dimension of fun! (39.6151704,19.8328252) edit
- Villa Tatiana (Villa Tatiana, located in San Stefano on Corfu Island, enjoys amazing sea views & the most secluded location imaginable. Book this luxury villa now!), San Stefano (Agios Stefanos), Corfu, Greece, ☎ 00302661042212, . Villa Tatiana, located in San Stefano on Corfu Island, enjoys amazing sea views & the most secluded location imaginable. Book this luxury villa now! (39.7697496,19.9444773) edit
- Emar Corfu (A Premium Retreat), ARillas, ☎ +30 694 695 4833, . The family owned brand new complex is located in the heart of Arillas – Corfu, just 40 meters away from the beach and it constitutes a part of the forthcoming hotel. (39.7434354,19.6496885) edit
Corfu makes a good start for a tour of the Western Greek Islands. It's also a good jumping-off place to get to Italy or Albania. Day trips to Paxi and Sarande are popular, usually combined with an excursion to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Butrint which is to be highly recommended! A tour of the Albanian Riviera is a must!