Corciano is a village in Umbria nearby Perugia.
Corciano is between Perugia and Lake Trasimeno. It was originally Etruscan and then fell under Roman influence, when it became an important agricultural area. In the middle ages its good fortifications made it a prized asset and it was much fought over.
Corciano is close to the main highway that links Perugia with Siena and the A1 North-South Autostrada. It can be reached by train from Terontola, connecting there with trains from Rome and Florence and the line continues to Perugia and Foligno.
- Piazza Coragino is in the center of the city. It has a much-admired well from the 16th Century.
- Santa Maria Assunta, in Piazza Coragino, is a 13th century church. Inside are two important works of art, the Gonfalone (a long flag) by Bonfigli (1472) and the Assunta by Perugino (1513).
- San Francesco is a Gothic church that contains several works of art, including a crucifix from the fifth Century.
- Il presepe (Life Size Nativity Walk), Corciano. Throughout the month of December the community of Corciano presents a town-wide Nativity. Life-size statutes created by local artists and community members recreate the Nativity in the setting of the Medieval city with many tableaux ranging from artisan workshops and towns people, to of course the stable of the Nativity. edit
- Palazzo Municipale, (on the corso, adjacent to Piazza Caduti). The Palazzo Municipale was constructed in the 16th century by the dukes of the Della Corgna family, a noble family of Perugia, to consolidate their power over the formerly independent community. edit
- Palazzo Municipale, (on the Corso, adjacent to Piazza Caduti). The Palazzo Municipale, today the seat of the government of the Commune of Corciano, was constructed in the 16th century by the dukes of the Della Corgna family to consolidate Perugia's power over the formerly independent city. Some rooms are open to the public and include 16th century frescoed ceilings. edit
- Pane in Piazza (Festival of Bread in Corciano), . At the end of June, Corciano celebrates its traditional food festival, or "sagra". Celebrating the traditional importance of bread in local culture, the festival showcases many different types of local bread, with opportunities for learning, making and eating not only traditional bread but many traditional dishes. edit
- Filippo Protani Violins, Piazza U. Nicoletti, 8 - Cap: 06073, Corciano (PG) (In Piazza Nicoletti, just outside the main gate of the city, going along Via Roma towards Perugia), ☎ 075 621 1680, . A workshop providing custom-built fine violins, violas and violoncelli, as well as repairs and restoration for instruments of the violin family . edit
- Restaurant Cornaletto, Via dell'Osteria,5 (Corciano- Perugia), ☎ tel+390756978767, . The restaurant "Cornaletto" boasts a forty-year experience in catering giving its guests the chance to taste dishes of the best Italian and Local Cuisine: starters, pasta, meat, cakes served according to set menus or à la carte options. Special care is given to the selection of raw materials with priority to small local products, such as for instance the “Fagiolina del Trasimeno” (French beans) used for soups, salads or as a base for stuffing... edit
- Ristorante Il Convento, Via del Serraglio, 2 06073 - Corciano (PG), ☎ 075.6978946. Nice trattoria/restaurant underneath an old convent, which is in the process of being converted into a hotel. On weekends they serve pizza, which is excellent. edit
- L'Arte del Gelato Bar Gelateria, 3, Piazza Caduti - 06073 Corciano (PG). Traditional bar and gelateria located on one of the main squares of Corciano. Featuring home made ice cream and creative flavors. edit
- Anna Boccali Resort - Via Palazzuolo, 06073 Corciano (PG), Italy. Telephone: +39 075 6979679 / +39 075 5178645. Fax: +39 075 5178972. Mobile: +39 348 3405327. E-mail: [email protected]
- Hotel Colle della Trinitá Perugia – Via delle Rose 38/40, 06074 Corciano (PG), Italy. Telephone +39 075 5172048 • Fax +39 075 5171197. The Hotel Colle della Trinitá is a four star hotel with large bedrooms and a swimming pool.
- Hotel el Patio - Via dell'Osteria 5, Corciano. Tel +39 075 6978464. Fax +39 075 6978580. The friendly atmosphere and warm hospitality, and the peacefulness conveyed by its environment, distinguish Hotel El Patio. Its delicious cuisine, the sunset colours and the quietness of the countryside, are the ideal setting for a pleasant and relaxing stay in the Umbrian hills. The central position of the hotel, a few kilometres from the charming medieval town Corciano, enables guests to reach the most beautiful towns in Umbria within short time.
Corciano is in the middle of the fascinating area of northern Umbria and southern Tuscany. There are numerous cities to visit.