Conegliano is a town in the province of Treviso, in the region of Veneto, Italy. It lies on the hills of the Prosecco wine region, a must-see for all wine lovers.
Birthplace of the famous artist Giambattista Cima (15th century), Conegliano is the second town of the province (the so-called Marca Trevigiana), after the capital Treviso. It is located in a central position between Venice, Udine and Cortina d'Ampezzo, and is famous for its agricultural sector, the Valdobbiadene Prosecco Doc district, now DOCG.
The closest airport is the Antonio Canova airport in Treviso (42kms) which hosts many low-cost carriers such as Ryanair. Another option is Venice's Marco Polo airport which is 52kms from Conegliano.
You can reach Conegliano Train Station from Venice by taking the Trenitalia service to Treviso or Udine. The journey takes approximately 50 minutes and in September 2018 a one-way adult ticket cost €5,65.
The old town features a castle and palaces which date back to the late Middle Age and the Renaissance (12th to 16th century).
- Castello di Conegliano e Museo Civico (Castle and civic museum), piazzale San Leonardo, ☎ +39 0438 22871, . The museum features an archaeological section, beautiful frescoes and a picture gallery. Open every day except Mondays. From November to March: 10:00 to 12:30 / 14:30 to 18:00; April and May: 10:00 to 12:30 / 15:00 to 18:30; June, July and August: 10:00 to 12:30 /15.30-19.00; September and October: 10:00 to 12:30 / 15:00 to 18:30. Tickets: full price € 2.50 / reduced € 1.50 / € 1.00 schools - The reduction applies to children aged 6 to 18, students up to 25 years, people over 65, groups over 10 people, disabled people and their carers.. edit
- Strada del Prosecco e Vini dei Colli Conegliano Valdobbiadene (Prosecco Wine Road), . Consituted in 2003 as an evolution of what was Italy's first Wine Road constituted in 1966. It starts from Conegliano's Winemaking School and goes on to other beautiful villages among the hills such as San Pietro di Feletto, the Molinetto della Croda in Refrontolo- a beautiful old mill -, Col San Martino, Farra di Soligo, the beautiful landscape of the Cartizze peak. The historic route ends in Valdobbiadene which is the production capital of the Prosecco DOCG. The Prosecco hills of Conegliano and Valdobbiadene became UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2019. edit
- Kako, Via Cesare Battisti 5F, ☎ +39 0438 63016, . 10:30-14:30 / 18:00-22:00 (Weds-Sun). American fast-food restaurant in refreshing Italian style. Prices per dish average at €10.00. With reasonable prices, fresh ingredients and a plentiful menu, Kako is a local establishment that should keep most happy. It has a relaxed atmosphere and modern décor. Note: Kako is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. (Alcohol is served at this restaurant). €. edit
Bed and breakfast
- B&B AL Botton d’Oro, via Padova 14, ☎ +39 3669553433 (botton[email protected]), . edit
- B&B Benvenuti, via A. Benvenuti 7, ☎ +39 0438 22185 ([email protected]), . edit
- B&B Delle Rose, via G. Verdi 19/3, ☎ +39 340 0514163 ([email protected]), . edit
- B&B Il Giuggiolo, via, ☎ +39 348 0556675 ([email protected]), . edit
- B&B Prosecco Suites, via Costa Alta 93, ☎ +39 339 3584617 ([email protected]), . edit
- Hotel Cima, via XXIV Maggio 61/A, ☎ +39 0438 369189 ([email protected]), . edit
- Hotel Cristallo, corso Mazzini 45, ☎ +39 0438 35445 ([email protected]), . edit
- Hotel Eurorest, viale Italia 331, ☎ +39 0438 370753 ([email protected]), . edit
- Sporting Hotel Ragno d’Oro, via Armando Diaz 37, ☎ +39 0438 412300 ([email protected]), . edit