Compton is in Los Angeles County and is mainly known for being the home of rappers Dr. Dre, Ahmad, NWA, The Game and Kendrick Lamar. It is also the birthplace of professional athletes Serena and Venus Williams.
Take the Metro Blue Line from Downtown L.A. to Compton Station.
- Heritage House, (north west corner of Willowbrook Avenue and Myrrh Street). The Heritage House was built in 1869 and is a California Historic Landmark. It is the oldest house in Compton and was restored as a tribute to early settlers. edit
- Celebrity Helicopters, Inc, 961 West Alondra Boulevard, ☎ (877) 999-2099, . You can take a nice air flight on a helicopter here. You can see a big part of Los Angeles. edit
The new shopping center, Gateway Center, has numerous retail stores. Not all the stores are open yet; however, it is one of the best places to shop and the safest place in Compton. This shopping center alone has four on-duty patrolling police officers.
Compton has many restaurants.
- Dale's Donuts, 15904 S Atlantic Ave, Compton, ☎ (310) 635-2667 . Dale's Donuts is one of the few places in the Los Angeles area which features the famous "Giant Donut". Good donuts and coffee. edit
- Tacos El Unico, 1521 South Long Beach Boulevard, ☎ (310) 632-2510 , . Very authentic Mexican food in the Compton area. This place has some good tacos, tortas and burritos. Their burgers are also worth trying. edit
- Crystal Casino, 123 East Artesia Blvd., ☎ +1 310 631 3838, . This hotel has a casino and is located in a safe area of Compton. edit
- Royal Inn Motel at 1408 N LongBeach Blvd, Compton CA 90221 - 1(310)-635-2900
- Willow Tree Inn
- Travel Plaza Inn
This city has many parts which are highly dangerous as well parts that are friendly. North Compton is dangerous and is an area well known for high prostitution, gang and narcotic activities. South Compton is relatively better and has houses with no iron bars on the windows and far fewer active gangs.