Como is an province of Lombardy in Italy.
- Como - At the southern end of the lake, the lake's main town is a good base for exploring the area. It hosts an interesting architecture such as its several churches, the most important being the Gothic Cathedral, and villas.
- Cernobbio - nice town on the shores of the lake, its main attraction is Villa d'Este now a luxury hotel
- Bellagio - A picturesque town located where the three legs of Lake Como come together. Can be expensive. This is the busiest of the tourist oriented towns. Bellagio is a hub for the boat service on the lake. Has various churches and wonderful villas.
- Brienno - another charming town on the shores of Lake Como
- Gravedona - very pretty town on the northern shore of Lake Como with a beautiful palace and churches
- Menaggio - The main town on the Western Shore, it's an attractive town and not as touristy. as Bellagio and Varenna on the opposite shore. It has a Youth Hostel (but it's often full at weekends). Has a nice pedestrian only area with coffee shops, gelaterias and restaurants. Also has a lake-front mini golf with a snack bar.
- Nesso - a very small town on the shores of Lake Como it has a nice medieval bridge that looks like it is suspended over the lake itself, there is a nice canyon further up the river itself
- Torno - a charming town on the shores of the lake, with a nice centre and port
- Tremezzo - Beautiful little town, right across from Bellagio. Main attraction is Villa Carlotta with its splendid botanical garden and nice waterfront. It is part of the club The most beautiful villages in Italy
- Basilica San Vicenzo - Romanesque monastery with interesting frescoes
- Carimate Castle - a nice medieval castle
- Lake Como - the main attraction of the province
- Sacro Monte di Ossuccio - one of the nine sacred mounts in Lombardy and Piedmont, a pilgrimage site and Unesco World Heriage Site
- Santa Maria dei Ghirli Church - interesting church with stair ending right on the lake-shore.
- Villa del Balbianello - beautiful villa right on the shores of Lake Como, it has been used for several film locations such as Star Wars and Casino Royale.
Como is dominated by the famous tri-legged lake of the same name. This superb blue finger lake is framed by green mountains with higher peaks further north in the alps. Life in the region in Como is centered on the lake
Italian and Lombard (in its western variant, that is)
Como is surrounded by the other provinces of Lombardy, Varese, Monza and Brianza, Lecco and Sondrio