Columbus/Northwest is defined as being North of Interstate 70 and West of Interstate 71, in Columbus, Ohio. Included in this area would be Grandview Heights, Upper Arlington, Worthington, Dublin, Powell and Hillard neighborhoods.
The area between I-71 and I-270 outerbelt has numerous exits into this area. The roads are well maintained and traffic is acceptable, other than during rush hour when people are going to and leaving work. If you are not familiar with the area, you may want to sit it out during that period. There are plenty of diversions.
The COTA bus service , while not by any standard one of the greatest in the nation, can take you to most important places in the city, which should be about 5 blocks away from any conceivable location you need to go to. This service costs $2 for an express bus and $1.50 for a normal bus. Transfers are free; ask for one from the bus driver when you pay your fare.
Navigating the NW portion of Columbus by foot would be a bit difficult for the average person due to the size of the area. It is more easily traveled by bus, car, taxi or even bicycle.
- Columbus Crew Stadium, Adjacent to Ohio Historical Society of of I-71. Home to the Columbus Crew MLS Soccer Club. In 2008, a $2 million dollar new stage has been installed to host big-name concerts. Great location.
- Ohio Village, 1982 Velma Ave., +1 419 297-2300 A re-created 19th-century village next to the Ohio Historical Center.
- Ohio Historical Center , 1982 Velma Ave, +1 614 297-2300.
- The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, 9990 Riverside Dr. +1 614 645-3400, . The zoo has a great collection of endangered species, including manatees, cheetahs, kangaroos and lowland gorillas. They recently opened the Asia Quest exhibit with Siberian tigers, sun bears and Pallas cats.
- Ohio Expo Center. 717 E. 17th Ave.  Home to The Ohio State Fair. Each month, a variety of shows, expositions and competitions are held at the Ohio Expo Center, over 175 events per year. These range from shopping for antiques to boxing, there is something for everyone at the Ohio Expo Center.
- Polaris Fashion Place 1500 Polaris Parkway. West of of I-71 @ Polaris. +1 614 846-1500  One of the new commercial shopping areas, loaded with popular stores and restaurants.
- The Mall at Tuttle Crossing, Tuttle Crossing Blvd. at I-270, A 980,000 square foot mall with over 120 stores and a food court.
Food Safety – In Columbus, all 6,000 local restaurants must post color coded signs that reflect the results of the most previous inspection by the Columbus Public Health Dept. Green = passing most recent inspection. Red, yellow or white suggests you probably may want to reconsider your options. The law applies to public pools, tattoo parlors, spas, campgrounds as well as food markets. The sign must be obvious, within five foot of an entrance.
- Aladdin's Eatery, Grandview, High St, & Dublin locations, Mediterranean fusion. Healthy, fresh, and priced well.
- New India Restaurant 5226 Bethel Center Mall. +1 614 442-7705.  Indian cuisine, chicken tikka, chicken marsala, tandoori chicken, saag paneer, lamb bhuna. Lunch and dinner: daily; Sunday brunch. Children's menu; cocktails. Entrees: $6.95-$13.95.
- Los Guachos Taqueria 5221 Godown Rd. +1 614 538-0211.  Mexican taqueria claiming to serve the best Tacos Al Pastor in Columbus.
- Amul India 7676 Sawmill Rd. +1 614-734-1600.  Northern Indian cuisine, chicken tikka, masala, lamb korma. Lunch buffet and dinner: daily. Cocktails. Entrees: $7.99-$14.99. Their buffet is hard to beat.
- Jimmy V's Grandview, 1788 West 5th Ave., +1 614 487-1717 $8.50-18.00
- Joe's Crab Shack 3720 W. Dublin-Granville Rd. +1 614 799-6106.  Call-ahead. Featuring: seafood, steak, chicken, pasta. Lunch and dinner: daily. Children's menu; cocktails. Entrees: $7.99-$21.99.
- Kihachi Japanese Restaurant 2667 Federated Blvd, 614-764-9040. Japanese restaurant run by Chef Mike Kimura known for their authentic Japanese cuisine that even Japanese expats frequent the place. It was also featured on Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.
- MCL Restaurant & Bakery Kingsdale, 3160 Kingsdale Shopping Center. Upper Arlington. +1 614 457-5786 | Carryout:+1 614 457-1625  M-Sa 11a-8:30p Su 10:45a-8p
- Thai Orchid Restaurant 7654 Sawmill Rd., 614-792-1112.  Pad Thai, green curry. Lunch and dinner: daily. No children's menu. Cocktails. Entrees: $7.25-$12.95.
- Hunan Lion, 2000 Bethel Rd., +1 614 459-3933.
- The Refectory, 1092 Bethel Rd., +1 614 451-9774, .
- Trattoria La Tavola, 6125 Riverside Dr., Dublin, .
- The Worthington Inn, 649 High St., Worthington, 614-885-2600, .
Red Roof Inn Columbus-West, 5001 Renner Rd., 614-878-9245.
- Comfort Suites, 5547 Keim Circle, +1 614 870-7658, Fax: +1 614 878-8366. Easy access to downtown Columbus, shops, restaurants and movie theater within the area. Secure Online Reservations.
- Comfort Inn North, 1213 E. Dublin Granville Rd. +1 614 885-4084, Fax: +1 614 885-9280.
- Econo Lodge North Columbus, 6125 Zumstein Dr. +1 614 436-0800, Fax: +1 614 436-0833.
- Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, 7490 Vantage Drive, Columbus, OH 43235, ☎ (614) 846-4355, . Comfortable Hotel in Worthington, Columbus that offers accommodations close to I-270 and Route 23, putting the entire city at your fingertips. edit
- Microtel Inn Columbus (Worthington),  7500 Vantage Dr, +1 614 436-0556, Fax: +1 614 436-2205.
- Microtel Inn Columbus West,  5655 Feder Rd, +1 614 851-1745, Fax: +1 614 851-9787. W of I-270 and N of I-70
- Quality Inn & Suites North Columbus, 1001 Schrock Rd., +1 614 431-0208, Fax: +1 614 433-9766.
- Clarion Hotel & Suites Conference Center Columbus, 900 E. Dublin-Granville Rd., +1 614 888-7440. Fax: +1 614 888-7879. An upscale hotel providing affordable accommodations to both leisure and business travelers visiting Columbus - situated near Historic Worthington and downtown Columbus. Secure Online Reservations.
- Hawthorn Suites Columbus West, , 5505 Keim Circle, +1 614 853-6199. Just North of I-70 and W of I-270 The Hawthorn Suites, Columbus West, is designed to make your stay more comfortable. Each tastefully appointed suite has a living room area which features a pull-out twin sofa sleeper, a television, a VCR, an ergonomic chair and voice mail plus a work desk and data lamp.
- Best Western Columbus North, 888 E. Dublin Granville Rd, ☎ 614-888-8230, . Great location off Interstate 71, near Ohio State University, Nationwide Arena, the Schottenstein Center, and Crew Stadium. Hotel features onsite health club with Jr. Olympic sized indoor pool, and complimentary breakfast. edit
- Days Inn Columbus North, 1212 E. Dublin Granville Rd, ☎ 614-885-9696, . edit
- Courtyard Columbus Worthington, 7411 Vantage Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43235, ☎ 1-614-436-7070, . edit
- Columbus Marriott Northwest, 5605 Blazer Pkwy, 43017, +1 614 791-1000, Fax: +1 614 791-1001, .
- Columbus Marriott North, 6500 Doubletree Ave, +1 614 885-1885, Toll-free: +1 800-228-3429, Fax: +1 614 885-7222, . Just S of I-270 and W of I-71
- Doubletree Hotel Columbus / Worthington, 175 Hutchinson Avenue, +1 614 885-3334, Fax: +1 614846-4353, .
- Riverside Hospital. 3535 Olentangy River Rd. +1 614 566-5000.  Consistently named the hospital of choice by central Ohio residents
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!