Columbus/Northeast is defined as being North of Interstate 70 and East of Interstate 71, in Columbus, Ohio. Included in this area would be Westerville, Minerva Park, New Albany, Gahanna, Whitehall and Reynoldsburg. It is also where Columbus Int. Airport is located.
The COTA bus service , while not by any standard one of the greatest in the nation, can take you to most important places in the city, which should be about 5 blocks away from any conceivable location you need to go to. This service costs $2.00 for an express bus and $1.50 for a normal bus. Transfers are free; ask for one from the bus driver when you pay your fare. They are available at the Columbus Int. Airport.
Franklin Park Conservatory
- Franklin Park Conservatory,1777 E Broad St., . Beautiful sculpted gardens and indoor biomes make up this spectacular site. The conservatory hosts various exhibitions (such as Blooms & Butterflies each spring with live releases) and has a collection of Chihuly glass. General William Tecumseh Sherman gave his famous 'War is Hell' speech here.
- Wyandotte Winery, 4640 Wyandotte Dr., . Wyandotte Winery is a family run winery located in a cozy neighborhood setting in northeast Columbus. Wyandotte has produced fine grape and fruit wines on premises for over 30 years. Visit the wine shop and tasting room, enjoy a taste of the current wine offerings, and browse the wine related items in the gift shop.
- Easton Town Center, 160 Easton Town Center, . This is one of the finest shopping experiences. It is clearly modeled after the streets of European cities such as Paris, Venice, London, and Athens. Filled with a beautiful atmosphere, upscale stores, restaurants and entertainment.
Food Safety – In Columbus, starting late May of 2007, all 6,000 local restaurants must post color coded signs that reflect the results of the most previous inspection by the Columbus Public Health Dept. Green = passing most recent inspection. Red, yellow or white suggests you probably may want to reconsider your options. The law applies to public pools, tattoo parlors, spas, campgrounds as well as food markets. The sign must be obvious, within five foot of an entrance.
- African Paradise Restaurant, 2263 Morse Rd. +1 614 476-2163. African and Mediterranean cuisines, using goat, lamb, fish, chicken and other choices, vegetarian dishes and pasta.
- City Barbeque, 108 S. Stygler Rd., Gahanna. +1 614 416-8890.  Beef brisket, pulled pork, ribs, chicken, homemade side dishes. Lunch and dinner: daily. Children's portions available; patio smoking at some locations; beer. Entrees: $4.99-$17.99. Chain that is primarily in Columbus, with locations in a few of the suburbs. Incredibly good pulled pork, with tastes for anyone interested in BBQ cooking.
- Taqueria Guadalajara, 2400 Home Acre Dr. +1 614 818-9727. Authentic Mexican taqueria known for their pescado and lengua tacos.
- Los Guachos Taqueria, 1376 Cherry Bottom Rd. +1 614 471-4717.  Mexican taqueria claiming to serve the best Tacos Al Pastor in Columbus.
- Darbo Restaurant, 3764 Cleveland Ave. +1 614 475-8004  9 am to 9 pm daily. $7 to $22: Grilled goat, grilled chicken steak, curry goat.
- Yanni's, Cleveland Ave. and I-270. Huge portions, cheap, good Greek food. Unbelievable desserts.
- Café Istanbul, Worth Ave. Easton Shopping Center. +1 614 473-9144  An extensive menu of Turkish and Middle eastern cuisine.
- The Hickory House, 550 Officenter Place, Gahanna. +1 614 428-7427.  Ribs, steak, seafood. Lunch and dinner. Children's menu. Cocktails. Entrees: $13.95-$22.95. If you like ribs, this is the place. Several locations.
- Hunan House or Hunan Lion, Two of the best Chinese places in the Midwest. The Hunan House in the north side of town off SR 161/Dublin-Granville, was featured on the Food Network, though both rest restaurants serve mostly the same food.
- Polaris Grill, East off of I-71 at Polaris exit, you can see it from 71(east side of 71, South side of Polaris), behind BP station at intersection. Excellent Sunday buffet. Good meals.
- MCL Restaurant & Bakery Westerville, 60 Westerville Sq., Westerville. +1 614 818-1700 | Carryout:+1 614 818-1777  Hours: M-Sa 11a-8:30p Su 11a-8p
- Milano's Italian Restaurant & Pub, 6916 E. Broad St. +1 614 861-1277 How about four-layer lasagna ($9.50), which uses Romano, provolone and ricotta cheeses, with a meat sauce, in each layer. Hmm?
- Smith & Wollensky is an excellent steak house located in the Easton Town Center. 
- Wyandotte Winery - 4640 Wyandotte Dr.,  A family run winery located in a cozy neighborhood setting in northeast Columbus. Wyandotte has produced fine grape and fruit wines on premises for over 30 years. Visit the wine shop and tasting room, enjoy a taste of the current wine offerings, and browse the wine related items in the gift shop.
- Comfort Suites - near Port Columbus Int'l Airport CMH, 4270 Sawyer Rd. +1 614 237-5847, Fax: +1 614 231-5926.
- Comfort Inn North/Polaris, 8400 Lyra Dr (Located off Interstate 71 on Lyra Drive, just off Polaris Parkway on the northside of Columbus.), ☎ 614-791-9700 (fax: 614-526-0106), . edit
- Cambria Suites,  NEQ of Lyra Dr. & Gemini Dr, +1 (614) 841-9100.
- Columbus Airport Marriott, 1375 N Cassady Ave, +1 614 475-7551, Toll-free: +1 800 491-5717, Fax: +1 614 476-1476, .
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!