Colorado Springs  is the second largest city in Colorado, behind Denver to the north, and defines the northeastern tip of the south central region of the state. Attractive mountain scenery is nearby.
The Colorado Springs Convention and Visitors Bureau:
- Visitor Information Center, 515 S. Cascade Ave, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80903, . Business Hours (Offseason): Monday-Friday: 8:30-5:00 (summer season: 8:00-6:00 seven days a week). edit
- Colorado Springs Municipal Airport (COS)  - This is a full-service airport, but small enough to be able to get in and out quickly. Recent renovations, including free wireless internet, make it a very nice place to wait for an hour or two if you arrive early for your flight. Airport is located 11 miles east of downtown Colorado Springs.
- Pueblo Memorial Airport (PUB)  - Small full-service airport located 40 miles south of downtown offering regional commercial air service.
- Denver International Airport (DEN)  - Located 80 miles north of Colorado Springs. Front Range Shuttle  is currently the only shared shuttle service between Colorado Springs and DIA; it is also possible via a multi-stage bus ride.
- Interstate 25 is the only Interstate, running north-south through the city. Colorado Highway 83 provides a secondary route between East Denver and The Springs. US Highway 24 connects the city with mountain communities to the West and Limon Colorado on the Eastern Plains.
- Denver is 70 miles north on I-25.
- Albuquerque is about 380 miles south on I-25.
- Greyhound bus terminal is at 120 S. Weber St., in downtown Colorado Springs.
Colorado Springs lies along the foothills east of the Rocky Mountains. It runs north-south along I-25, with the Air Force Academy to the North, downtown to the south, and Pikes Peak rising in the west.
- Colorado Springs Transit, 
- Taxi Services, 
- Garden of the Gods, 1805 N 30th St. (I25 Exit west 2.5mi, then south on 30th St), ☎ +1 719 634-6666, . 5AM-11PM. A series of dramatic sandstone formations, enclosed by a city park. Excellent for hiking and technical rock climbing. free. (38.877804,-104.870768) edit
A formation in the Garden of the Gods
- Pikes Peak, (West about 10 miles on Cimarron St./Rt 24), ☎ +1 800 318-9505, . May-Sept 7AM-7PM. The most famous peak in Colorado, inspiring the song America, the Beautiful, dominates over the city to the west. Drive to the top, or ascend by Cog Rail . Feeling fit? Hike up Barr Trail to the summit, especially beautiful in the summer with all the wild flowers. Feeling really fit? Run up during the Pikes Peak Ascent or run up AND down in the Pikes Peak Marathon. $10 per person/$35 per car. (38.907866,-104.981575) edit
A view of Pike's Peak from the Garden of the Gods
- Cave of the Winds, (West about 6 miles on Cimarron St./Rt 24), ☎ +1 719 685-5444, . 9AM-9PM. A series of caves near Manitou Springs, offering tours. ~$20. (38.87321,-104.92218) edit
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, 4250 Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Road (I-25 Exit 138, west to the Broadmoor Hotel, then right and follow signs), ☎ +1 719 633-9925, . 9AM-6PM. A small, scenic mountain zoo with many exotic animals. $14.25. (38.7712,-104.852765) edit
- Broadmoor Hotel, 1 Lake Avenue (I-25 Exit 138, west on Lake Ave.), ☎ +1 719 634-7711, . 5-star luxury resort. Even if your budget won't allow you to stay there, it's worth touring the lavish grounds at the base of Cheyenne Mountain. (38.791072,-104.850211) edit
- Seven Falls, (West on West Cheyenne Blvd), ☎ +1 719 632 0765, . a privately owned series of falls and nature trails. Fills up quickly on weekends, but you can instead visit neighboring Helen Hunt Falls. $9 Adult, $5.50 child. (38.782123,-104.879823) edit
- Helen Hunt Falls, (West on West Cheyenne Blvd, right at sign), . A short hike to some great views, within North Cheyenne Cañon City Park . free. (38.788596,-104.90319) edit
- United States Olympic Training Center, 1 Olympic Plaza, ☎ +1 719 632-5551, . Major U.S. Olympic training facility, with an aquatic center, gymnasiums, shooting center, and velodrome. Free tours daily. edit
- United States Air Force Academy, (I-25 Exit 156B), ☎ +1 719 333-2025, . 8AM-6PM. Academy nestled in the foothills of the Rampart range at the north end of town, you can tour the famous Chapel and other sights. free. (39.008113,-104.890509) edit
- Air Force Falcons, (Air Force Academy), ☎ +1 719 472-1895 (toll free: +1 800 666-USAF (8723)), . The Academy's athletic program offers college sports action throughout the school year. The best-known program is the football team, long a solidly competitive program. Football games especially offer a unique combination of military pageantry and traditional college sports atmosphere. Ticket prices vary by sport. edit
- May Natural History Museum, (I-25 Exit 140, South 8 miles on Rt 115, right at huge beetle), ☎ +1 719 576-0450, . May-Sept 9AM-5PM. An eclectic but unique museum south of town, with thousands of large insects collected by John May from around the tropics. $6. (38.705146,-104.840598) edit
- Flying W Ranch, 3330 Chuckwagon Road, ☎ +1 719 598-4000 (toll free: +1 800 232-FLYW), . Working ranch, chuckwagon supper and world-class, family-oriented western stage show. Note: the Flying W Ranch was destroyed on June 26, 2012 in the Waldo Canyon wildfire. Plans are in place to rebuild the ranch, but at present there is no set timeline. $19.50 adults, $9.50 children. edit
- ProRodeo Hall of Fame and Museum of the American Cowboy, 101 ProRodeo Drive, ☎ +1 719 528-4764, . The only heritage center in the world devoted to professional rodeo, with two multi-media presentations and Hall of Champions. $6 adults, $3 children. edit
- Garden of the Gods Trading Post, (South end of Garden of the Gods park), ☎ +1 719 685-9045 (toll free: +1 800 874-4515), . Don't miss the largest art gallery and gift shop in Colorado. Sample delicious buffalo burgers and more at the Balanced Rock Cafe, on the outdoor patio, under the shade of the cottonwood trees. edit
- Ghost Town Museum, 400 S. 21st Street, ☎ +1 719 634-0696, . Step back in time to Colorado's gold-rush days and experience an 1800's old west town frozen in time. Pan for real gold! $6.50 adults, $4 children, under 6-free. edit
- Western Museum of Mining and Industry, 225 North Gate Blvd., ☎ +1 719 488-0880, . Featuring hands-on exhibits, gold panning, a working steam engine and Oro and Nugget, mascot burros! edit
Whitewater Rafting in Colorado Springs
- Royal Gorge Mountain Bike Tours® (Royal Gorge Bike Tours), 1420 Royal Gorge Blvd. Canon City (Hwy 50 and 15th st.), ☎ 866-766-7238, . 8am-8pm. The Royal Gorge regions first and only mountain bike tour company! An absolute "must do" when visiting Colorado Springs. Experience awesome guided mountain bike tours in Colorado. We are Royal Gorge Mountain Bike Tours® varies. edit
- Hiking, the Pike National Forest to the west, Pikes Peak, and numerous city parks offer ample hiking opportunities.
- Horseback Riding
- Academy Riding Stables, +1 888 700-0410, . Enjoy a ride through beautiful towering sandstone rock formations in the Garden of the Gods.
- Mark Reyner Stables Inc 3254 Paseo Rd, (719) 634-4173, www.markreynerstables.com
- Challenge Unlimited-Pikes Peak by Bike, +1 800 798-5954, . Bike down over 7,000 feet from the top of Pikes Peak with professional guides, mid-April-October. Bike helmet, all-weather gear and meals are included.
- Rock Climbing, at Garden of the Gods and Red Rock Canyon (non-marking chalk only, register first at the Garden of the Gods visitor center), and in North Cheyenne Cañon City Park.
- The Colorado Climbing Company, (719) 209-6649, . Climb with certified, professional guides in the Garden of the Gods, Cheyenne Cañon, Red Rock Canyon, and more.
- Whitewater Rafting on the Arkansas river, about an hour south of town.
- Lost Paddle Rafting® Rafting Colorado-Royal Gorge Raft Colorado! Offering awesome whitewater rafting trips in Canon City Colorado on the Arkansas River at the Royal Gorge. Only 45 minutes from Colorado Springs, and 1 hour from Denver. BOOK ONLINE at www.lostpaddlerafting.com 866-766-7238 1420 Royal Gorge Blvd. Canon City, Colorado 81212.
- Echo Canyon River Expeditions, .
- Royal Gorge Rafting Trips, 
- Arkansas Valley Adventures, .
- Pets, Colorado Springs is very dog friendly, with excellent areas for off-leash hiking at Red Rock Canyon Open Space , Palmer Park , and Bear Creek Regional Park .
- Colorado Springs World Arena Ice Hall, .
- The Volleyball Shack, . Indoor
- The Sand Pits, . Sand
- Card Games
- ACBL Unit 360 Bridge Center, 901 N.17th St (719) 634-7250  Sanctioned duplicate games most afternoons and many evenings (except Sunday).
- River Runners Royal Gorge Rafting Center (Whitewater Rafting near Colroado Springs Colorado), 44641 US Hwy 50 Canon City, Colorado 81212 (8 Miles west of Canon City, Colorado on US HWY 50), ☎ 866-945-3420, . Complete your Colorado Springs vacation with a whitewater rafting trip on the Arkansas River. Since 1972 River Runners has been providing fully guided family friendly whitewater rafting trips daily at their Riverside Rafting Resort in Buena Vista, Colorado and Royal Gorge Rafting Center in Canon City, Colorado (38.496709,-105.329032) edit
- Chapel Hills Mall, 1710 Briargate Blvd. (Near N. Academy and I-25), . Shopping, food court. edit
- The Citadel Mall, 750 Citadel Dr. East (Academy & Platte (CO-24)), . Shopping, food court. edit
- Old Colorado City, (W Colorado Ave, between 23rd and 28th Streets), . Historic district with shopping and restaurants. edit
- Manitou Springs, (West on CO-24), . Shopping, many restaurants, designated national historic district. edit
- River Runners Royal Gorge Rafting Center (Whitewater rafting Colorado Springs), 44641 US Hwy 50 Canon City, Colorado 81212 (8 Miles west of Canon City, Colorado on US HWY 50), ☎ 866-945-3420, . Complete your Colorado Springs vacation with a whitewater rafting trip on the Arkansas River. Since 1972 River Runners has been providing fully guided family friendly whitewater rafting trips daily at their Riverside Rafting Resort in Buena Vista, Colorado and Royal Gorge Rafting Center in Canon City, Colorado. (38.496709,-105.329032) edit
- Downtown Shopping District, Tejon Street between Colorado Avenue and Boulder Street. (Take I-25 to exit 142 to W Bijou Street. Go east to Tejon Street to find the main shopping district), . Many locally owned shopping destinations, such as Terre Verde and Mountain Chalet. edit
- The Warehouse Restaurant, 25 West Cimarron Street ((The Warehouse is conveniently located on the southern edge of downtown Colorado Springs only two blocks east of exit 141 off I-25 and one block west of the Colorado Springs Visitors Bureau at Cascade and Cimarron Street), ☎ 719-475-8880, . Lunch 11:30am to 4:00pm Monday - Friday, Happy Hour 3:00pm to 6:00pm Monday – Friday, Dinner 4:00pm to 9:00pm Monday – Friday 5:00pm – 10:00pm Saturday, Sundays – open for private events only.. Our menus feature a full range of pub noshes and nibbles, delightful salads and fresh soups, hearty sandwiches, gourmet beef and bison burgers, a blend of familiar and unique small plates and entrees with domestic and wild game meats and poultry, fresh and salt water fish and shellfish, robust pastas and vegetarian dishes, and an array of alluring, delicious, tempting desserts. FREE WI-FI! edit
- Il Vicino Wood Oven Pizza & Brewery, 11 S. Tejon, ☎ +1 719 475-9224. Great gourmet pizzas. edit
- The Blue Star, 1645 S Tejon (next to Bristol), ☎ +1 719 632-1086. Great atmosphere and good food. edit
- Shuga's, 702 S. Cascade, ☎ +1 719 328-1412, . Mon-Sat 11AM-1PM. Funky. edit
- La Unica, 3317 W Colorado, ☎ +1 719 633-7499. Good Mexican food. edit
- Big Train, 3050 N Nevada, ☎ +1 719 473-8218. Good place for chicken fried steak breakfast. edit
- Biaggis, (shops at briargate). Great gourmet Italian food. A little on the expensive side but well worth it. edit
- North End Diner, 3005 N Hancock, ☎ +1 719 442-1833. Big, cheap breakfast plates. edit
- Jake and Telly's, 2616 Colorado Avenue in Old Colorado City, ☎ +1 719 633-0406. Great Greek food; under $15 for lunch, over $20 for dinner. Sit outside on their second floor patio and enjoy the gorgeous Colorado Springs weather. edit
- O'Furry's, 900 E. Fillmore, ☎ +1 719 634-3106, . Hole-in-the-wall Irish-style pub, featuring some of the best burgers in Colorado Springs. edit
- Colorado Bean, S. Carefree & Powers (next to ticket counter of the Cinemark theater). Coffee, drinks, Mexican food. Reasonably priced. Excellent location for dinner when you're also seeing a movie. Tied with The Armadillo for hottest green chili in the city. (now closed) edit
- Frankie's Bar & Grill, 945 Powers & Galley, ☎ +1 719 574-4881, . Neighborhood bar/grill since 1984.Burgers and wings. Perfect for watching all the games. edit
- Frankie's Too!, 7376 McLaughlin Rd, Falcon (Woodmen & Meridian), ☎ +1 719 495-8708, . Sports, spirits and food. edit
- Jun Japanese, 1760 Dublin, 3276 Centennial, ☎ +1 719 531-9368, . Very good Japanese - Popular happy hour edit
- Rico's Coffee and Wine Bar, 324 N. Tejon, ☎ +1 719 632-7721, . Wine, chocolate, coffee, tapas, and great music. edit
- Pueblo Viejo, 5598 N. Academy, ☎ +1 719 266-1999. Authentic Mexican food. Run by a family from Jalisco, Mexico who specialize in chile rellenos. Great salsa and atmosphere. edit
- Solo's Restaurant, 1665 N. Newport (Powers & Fountain), ☎ +1 719 570-7656, . Ok diner, and you can eat inside a KC-97 aircraft, lots of aviation decor. edit
- Sheldon's, 204 Mount View Ln #16 (off N Nevada, south of I-25), ☎ +1 719 599-0887. 6am-2pm M-Su. Awesome breakfast and daily meat sandwiches or plates for lunch. edit
- Edelweiss Restaurant, 34 E Ramona Ave (.5 miles south of exit 140), ☎ (719) 633-2220, . 11:30-9:00. Authentic German food, beer, wine. Biergarten, Ratskeller, and strolling Musicians on weekends. $10-$25. edit
- Pizzeria Rustica, 2527 W. Colorado Ave (26th & Colorado off US 24 @ 26th), ☎ 719-632-8121, . See website. Authentic Neapolitan wood-fired pizzeria and one of eleven 4-Star Certified Green restaurants in the World. Local farmer and rancher produce complement the finest imported and artisanal ingredients to provide you with great salads, antipasti, pizzas & gelati. Huge heated garden patio. Reservations recommended. Under $15. edit
- The Margarita at PineCreek Restaurant, 7350 Pine Creek rd (Northwest corner of Woodmen & I-25), ☎ 719.598.8667, . tuesday-friday lunch 11:30-2pm, Tuesday-Saturday Dinner 5:30-8:30pm, Sunday Brunch 10:30-2pm. Soup and Salad Lunches, Prie Fixe Three & Five Course Dinners, Made to order Brunch & Lounge with Live Music Wednesday-Friday edit
- TAPAteria, 2607 W. Colorado Ave (26th & Colorado off US 24 at 26th), ☎ 719-471-8272, . See website. Authentic Barcelona-style tapas and wine/cocktail bar in historic 1889 building. 100% gluten-free menu with and 50% vegetarian and 25% vegan specialties. Local and imported ingredients, wines and spirits. Spanish deli. Heated patio dining. Sustainable and scrumptious. Call 30 mins ahead for priority seating. Under $10. edit
- Front Range Barbeque, 2330 West Colorado Ave, ☎ 719-632-2596, . 11am. Locally owned and operated since 2000, Front Range BBQ offers up home-cooked Southern Meals & Slow Smoked Tender BBQ! Extensive Micro-Brew selection and weekly live music on outdoor patio! edit
- Bristol Brewing Company, 1647 S Tejon, ☎ +1 719 633-2555, . Best beer in town, but no food. edit
- Porky's Bar, 5910 Omaha at Powers, ☎ +1 719 574-7447, . Newly revamped, food and drink, with 5 outdoor sand volleyball courts. edit
- Phantom Canyon Brewing Co., 2 E. Pikes Peak Ave., ☎ 719 635-2800, . M-Sa. 11AM-2AM, Sun. 10AM-2AM. Wide variety of excellent brews made on premises. Also serves high quality food for lunch and dinner Mon-Sun. Brunch is available Sunday only. edit
- Jack Quinns Irish Pub, Tejon St (Downtown). Great Irish and English beers, decent Irish food. Stay for the Irish band! edit
- Ritz Grill, 15 S Tejon St., ☎ (719) 635-8484. A great bar brings in many singles and couples alike. Popular with locals and always a good variety of reasonably-priced food. edit
- Trinity Brewing Co, 1466 W Garden off Gods Road (Mile or so west of I 25 on Garden off Gods Road), ☎ 719 634-0029. Great micro brewery! Has 4-6 of their own beers on tap as well as an ever changing selection of 28 Plus other micro beers. Great food. Great crowd. Easy to find, close to Garden of the Park, Manitou Springs, Old Colorado city and the Air force Accademy FREE WIFI edit
- TAPAteria, 2607 W. Colorado Ave (26th & Colorado off US 24 at 26th St), ☎ 719-471-8272, . See Website for hours. Authentic Barcelona-style tapas and wine/cocktail bar in historic 1889 building. 100% gluten-free menu with and 50% vegetarian and 25% vegan specialties. Local and imported ingredients, wines and spirits. Spanish deli. Heated patio dining. Sustainable and scrumptious. Call 30 mins ahead for priority seating. Less than $10. edit
- The Broadmoor, 1 Lake Ave, ☎ +1 719 634-7711, . A resort just outside Colorado Springs, covering 3,000 acres with 700 hotel rooms and suites, 15 restaurants, cafés and lounges, three championship golf courses, a tennis club, and world-class spa. edit
- Cheyenne Mountain Resort, 3225 Broadmoor Valley Rd, ☎ +1 719 538-4000 (toll free: +1 800 428-8886), . Offers 316 rooms and suites in eight residential lodges, each with a private balcony and views of Cheyenne Mountain. edit
- Colorado Springs Hotel, 2886 South Circle Dr., ☎ +1 719 576-5900, . edit
- Colorado Springs Marriott, 5580 Tech Center Drive, ☎ 719-260-1800, . Luxury hotel near the Air Force Academy with mountain vistas and Southwestern dining. edit
- Crowne Plaza Colorado Springs, 2886 South Circle Drive, ☎ +1 800-981-4012 (fax: +1 719-576-7695), . a nice, moderately expensive hotel with rooms and suites and high-speed wireless Internet access. edit
- Silverwood Hotel and Conference Center, 505 Popes Bluff Trail, ☎ +1 866 602-8120, . Newly remodeled facilities located off I-25 in the Rocky Mountain foothills. edit
- Sundance Mountain Lodge (Lodging in Monument, CO - Near Colorado Springs), 1865 Woodmoor Drive, ☎ 719-481-6000, . Modern, eco-friendly Colorado mountain lodge and hotel. Beautiful views of Pikes Peak. Located between Denver & Colorado Springs, CO. Spacious rooms and suites. edit
- Rodeway Inn and Suites, 1623 S. Nevada Ave (Exit 140 and three blocks south of I-25 on Nevada), ☎ (719) 623-2300, . checkin: 1400; checkout: 1100. Convenient location, walk to restaurants, near attractions and down town. 2 miles to World Arena. Great Mexican restaurant next door and an excellent German restaurant across the street. Large outdoor heated pool, pet friendly, in room coffee, daily continental breakfast. economy. edit
- Garden of the Gods Club, 3320 Mesa Road, ☎ 719.632.5541, . Private club that also offers hotel lodging with restaurants, golf courses and spa treatments. edit
The town is about safe, but be aware that Colorado has one of the highest death rates via automobile accidents in the US. So just remember to drive defensively and you'll be fine. Colorado Springs is infamous for speed traps also. Watch out for motorcycle cops (around 5 or 6) along with one or more cruisers waiting to catch you speeding.
The southern part of town is generally less safe than the northern part. Fort Carson, on the southern edge of town, is a large army installation bringing in thousands of young, energetic men and women. The businesses that these clients would frequent sometimes attract a rougher crowd. Stay north of Platte or west of Wahsatch, and all should be well.
Colorado City Creamery
- Colorado City Creamery, 26th and Colorado. Network is secured, information available inside for how to connect.
- The Daily Grind, 1200 S Tejon St. Free WiFi.
- Einstein Bros. Café, 4325 Centennial Blvd (at intersection with Garden of the Gods Rd), +1 719 548-8408. Also at Woodmen & Academy. M-F 5:30AM-6PM, Sa 6AM-4PM, Su 7AM-4PM. Free WiFi.
- Mountain Perks Coffee,  5765 N. Academy. Free WiFi.
- Oldeworld Bagel, 1670 E Cheyenne Mountain Blvd Suite A (in the same shopping plaza as Target, near I-25 and Circle), +1 719 527-9651. Free WiFi.
- Panera Bread, 7344 North Academy Blvd, +1 719 522-1100; 1845 Briargate Parkway +1 719 266-9200; 3120 New Center Point +1 719 637-3500; 1832 Southgate Road +1 719 389-0808. . Free wireless; however, after you connect your browser only directs you to Panera's portal until you click on the appropriate link agreeing to their terms of service.
- Raven's Nest, 330 N Institute Suite #A (SW corner of Institute at Boulder), +1 719 632-3433. M-F 5AM-5:30PM, Sa-Su 7AM-noon. Free WiFi. "A neighborhood gathering place."
- Rico's Coffee & Wine Bar, 324 N. Tejon St. Free WiFi throughout the cafe with seating in the adjacent bookstore.
- Serranos Coffee Company, 7335 N Academy Blvd (at Falcon Landing, north of Woodmen on the east side), +1 719 266-0843. Free WiFi. Original store is in Monument.
- The Summit House, (in the shopping plaza at the corner of Voyager Parkway and Middle Creek in the northernmost part of town, From the north exit I-25 at #156A, take Northgate Road east to Voyager Parkway, turn south; from the south exit I-25 at Interquest Parkway, turn north onto Voyager Parkway), +1 719 488-8893. M-F 6AM-9PM, Sa 7AM-6PM, Su 7AM-5PM. Free WiFi.
- The Warehouse Restaurant and Gallery, 25 W. Cimarron Free WiFi throughout the restaurant for all customers. No login required.
- unwiredaccess.net . Has many customers downtown. They charge a $6 one-time ("lifetime") fee for an account. Then you can use their wireless hotspots with no further charges (until they go out of business). (Their pricing is different depending on location - the PikesPerk Coffee House on North Academy still uses unwiredaccess.net but does not require a fee. It's assumed the coffee house is paying for the access).
- The towns of Monument and Palmer Lake, about 10 miles north of Colorado Springs, also have free wireless access.
|Routes through Colorado Springs
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!