Coffee Bay is a town the Eastern Cape of South Africa.
Both Coffee Shack and Bomvu Backpackers offer a shuttle service from the the Shell Ultra City in Umtata. Take one of the following buses to the Shell Ultra City Umtata:
- Baz Bus - hop on hop off backpacker bus service from Port Elizabeth or Durban. Ph or +27 (0)21 439 2323 Bazbus
- Intercity coaches: Greyhound, City to City, Translux, SA Roadlink. See Computicket for bookings
- SA Airlink has daily flights from Johannesburg to Umtata FlySAA. You can hire a car from Umtata airport with Avis
Coffeebay is really small. You are able to walk everywhere. If you want to visit other parts, there are white minibus taxis that travel on the main road often
- Hole in the wall, a beautiful 11 km hike or half hour drive. The Hole is a large cliff jutting into the sea through which waves have carved a large hole.
Coffee Shack offers a wide variety of activities and some of the cheapest professional surf lessons in South Africa. Every day they do a different hike or activity.
- Afritude funky locally printed clothing.
- Papazellas - great pizza & good company. At the Greenhouse. Bookings essential. Ask for Phil or Luke.
- Bomvu Paradise, (When entering Coffee Bay, simply follow the signs), ☎ +27 (0)47 575-2073 ([email protected], fax: +27 (0)47 575-2073), . From R40 per person for camping, R70 per person in the dorm and R100 for a private room or rondavel. edit
- Coffee Bay Hotel, Main Road, ☎ +27 (0)47 575-2051 ([email protected], fax: +27 (0)47 575-2054), . edit
- Coffee Shack, ☎ +27 (0)47 575-2048 ([email protected]), . Camping from R70 per person, dorm beds from R120 and private rooms from R300 for a double. edit
- Ocean View Hotel, ☎ +27 (0)47 575-2005 ([email protected], fax: +27 (0)47 575-2083), . edit
- White Clay Resort (SC and DB&B), (1,5km on the road to Hole the Wall), ☎ +27 (0)47 575-0008 ([email protected]). Nestled between cliffs above own private beach and bay. All accommodation offers sea views 100m from the beach. Fully licensed restaurant specialising in seafood, with pub. From R165.00pp. edit