Cocoa Beach is a city in Florida. It is a favorite vacation spot for American and International travelers. The city is famous as the setting of the popular 1960s TV show I Dream of Jeannie. Population was measured at 11,400 from a 2014 census.
Cocoa Beach can be accessed by several roads: Florida routes 520 & 528 cross the Indian River and Merritt Island from Interstate 95; A1A parallels the coast and provides access from the south. Cocoa Beach is on the water, so access by water is also possible.
- Space Coast Area Transit  is the Brevard County bus service. It is a cheap way to get around and is handicap accessible. The website provides maps and timetables. Buses travel to most sites and places of interest.
Bike or Walk
- Many bike lanes are available along major roads.
- The area is very pedestrian-friendly, with good sidewalks.
Taxis or Shuttles
- Various taxi companies operate in the Cocoa Beach area. Uber and Lyft are available as well.
- Many downtown bars and hotels offer free shuttles to various locations.
- Cocoa Beach - A justifiably famous stretch of Atlantic beach. Activities include beach volleyball, surfing, sunbathing, surf fishing.
- I Dream of Jeannie Lane - A small side street near Lori Wilson Park named in honor of the popular 1965-1970 sitcom of the same name that was set in Cocoa Beach.
- Sterling Casino Lines, 180 Jetty Drive, Ph: (800) 765-5711. Go out for night on the water on Sterling. Ages 18+.
- Schooner Sails, Inc., 670 Glen Cheek Dr., +1 321-783-5274. This is a kind of tourist attraction, but it's nice. It's like a historic sail around the Space Coast, and you can get special reserved rides for weddings, birthdays, etc.
- The Corner, Inc., 112 Dixie Ln, +1 321-783-8287. One of a kind piercing parlor, exceeds OSHA standards, open till 12AM on weekdays, wonderful reputation, amazing artwork by Michelle and Rob.
- Cocoa Beach Pier, 401 Meade Ave, . Restaurants, Bars, Gift Shops, and Fishing. Sport equipment can be rented here, as well.
- Cocoa Beach Sportfishing Charters, 800 Scallop Dr, 1-321-848-2662. . Deep Sea Fishing Charters, Sportfishing, Trolling and Bottom Fishing. Children Welcome.
- A1A Beach Rentals, 6811 N Atlantic Ave, ☎ 321-505-7455, . 7 days a week.. Beach and watersports rental and tour provider serving the greater Cocoa Beach area. Surfboard rental and lessons, paddleboard rental and lessons, kayak rental and tours, bike rental, surf fishing equipment, resort rentals including chairs, umbrellas, wheeled carts and more. And they deliver your gear direct to you, saving you time and hassle. Activities include kayak fishing, manatee excursions, surf fishing, beach cycling, Port Canaverl shore excursions, flats fishing. edit
- Fin & Fly Fishing Charters (Fin & Fly Fishing Charters), 951 Bali Rd, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931, ☎ 321-652-5903, . 24 hours. Deep sea, shark, and inshore full service guided fishing charters. World-class fishing for mahi mahi, sharks, wahoo, kingfish and more. Varies. edit
- Merritt Square Mall, 777 E. Merritt Island Cswy, ☎ 321-452-3270, . edit
- Ron Jon's Surf Shop, 4151 N. Atlantic Ave, ☎ +1-321-799-8888, . "One of a kind!" This is the place to be to meet some locals, check out a few boards, and even get some clothes and keepsakes for others. Known by some as "the Bass Pro Shop for surfers", it's also open 24/7. edit
On the west side of I-95 from Exit 183 (SR-518/Eau Gallie Blvd), check out:
- Renninger's Super Flea and Farmer's Market, 4835 West Eau Gallie Blvd, 321-242-9124. Open Friday-Sunday, includes nearly two and a half miles (over 800 booths) of covered shopping, food courts, a beer garden, and special monthly attractions. Pretty much everything including fresh produce, spices, arts and crafts, plants, appliances, electronics, furniture, cell phones and, best of all, Florida souvenirs. Many various animals also on display and, if you like to haggle, many of the asking prices can be negotiable, especially if you have actual cash on-hand. A must-do for all residents and visitors at least once.
- Abitino's Italian. This is a fabulous restaurant right off the beach that serves pizza and pasta. Moderately priced, pizza by the slice. edit
- Azteca two Mexican rest, 1600 N Atlantic Ave (Inside the resort on cocoa beach), ☎ 321-784-1188. Mexican food edit
- Barrier Jacks, 410 N Atlantic Ave, ☎ +1-321-784-8590. Quite a surprising little restaurant, serving a variety of great food at reasonable prices. Seafood, Mexican, BBQ, and more. edit
- Coconuts on the Beach, 2 Minutemen Cswy, ☎ (321)-784-1422. Serves seafood and other cuisines suitable for just about everyone. Indoor and beachside seating with direct access to the beach. With live music and entertainment weekly, it's easy to see why this is one of Cocoa Beach's most popular destination. edit
- Florida's Seafood Bar & Grill, 480 West Cocoa Beach Cswy, ☎ 321-784-0892, . Serves big shrimp, regular shrimp, rock shrimp, lobsters, snow crabs, scallops, and for those who don't like their food swimming before they eat it, steak, prime rib and chicken are also offered. Also serves fresh oysters, prepared in over a dozen different ways. edit
- Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty, 2200 South Orlando Avenue, ☎ +1-407-783-1350. Really good seafood, decent service, moderately priced food ($12-$20) Make sure to sit by the windows, to get the view. edit
- Mambo's Beachside Bar & Grill, 1300 N. Atlantic Ave., ☎ (321) 783-2271 ([email protected]), . Oceanfront cocoa beach restaurant serving up authentic Caribbean cuisine for lunch and dinner. Open daily at 11:00 am edit
- Roberto's Little Havana, 26 N Orlando Ave (On A!A just north of downtown Cocoa Beach), . onday, 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Sunday, 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. & 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. Friday & Saturday, 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. & 5 p.m. - 10 p.m.. The staff is friendly, the seating is open and comfortable and the service is lightning quick...most important, the food is GREAT, particularly the Bistec a la Milanesa, Tres Leches, Tropical Cerveza (brewed in Melbourne) and the maduros are nice. Prices are very reasonable and kids are welcome and treated well. Kids menu is good. reasonable. edit
- Tokyo Japanese Steak House, 5840 North Atlantic Avenue, ☎ +1-407-799-0058. A family-owned Japanese steak house, and the family has a lot of personality. Each cook comes out and cooks in front of you, doing tricks like making volcanoes out of onions, and performing fire tricks. Choose two meats from: shrimp, steak, and chicken, comes with rice and sauces. edit
- Time Out Sports Bar, 1275 N Atlantic Ave, +1 321-783-2252.
- Paddy Cassidy's Irish Pub, 2011 N Atlantic Ave, +1 321-783-0810.
- Lido Cabaret, 104 Cleveland Ave, +1 321-784-1022.
- Doubletree Cocoa Beach Ocean Front Hotel, 2080 N Atlantic Avenue, ☎ 321-783-9222, . This hotel features newly renovated guest rooms and suites - each with an ocean view. edit
- Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, 1550 N Atlantic Avenue, ☎ 1-321-799-0003, . This beachfront hotel is located just steps from a long stretch of sandy beach and conveniently nestled 6 miles from Port Canaveral (Florida's 2nd largest cruise port), near Kennedy Space Center, and less than an hour from popular Orlando theme parks. Offering 296 spacious guest rooms and suites featuring high-speed internet access and complimentary HBO on flat-screen TVs. Hotel activities include surfing lessons, boogie board and surf board rentals, on-site pool fun, and a 10, 000 sq. ft. oceanfront pool deck with seasonal entertainment. Nearby activities include golf, tennis, deep-sea fishing, and more. edit
- Holiday Inn, 1300 N Atlantic Ave, ☎ +1 321-783-227, . edit
- Las Olas Beach Club of Cocoa Beach, 5100 Ocean Beach Blvd, ☎ 321-784-2706, . The same family management and hospitality have prevailed since opening in 1988. Accommodations are one, two and three bedroom fully furnished condominiums ranging in size from 1500+ to 1700+ sq.ft., some with oceanfront views and some with poolside views. All units have two bathrooms, full kitchen, large private balcony, washer/dryer, 2-3 televisions, DVD/VCR, Roman soak tubs, free wireless internet, and on-site management. edit
- Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort, 1000 Shorewood Drive, ☎ (321) 784-4922, . edit
- South Beach Inn, 1701 S. Atlantic Ave, ☎ 800-297-1889, . Offers oceanfront pet and family friendly suites with fully equipped kitchens, walk in closets, and comfortable queen size beds. Outdoor patio & grills available for guest use. $90-$160. edit
- FLcasa Vacation Rentals, 220 Young Ave, ☎ 321-243-8646, . 2 - 3 Bedroom Vacation Condo Rentals - On the beach with Beach view edit
- Cape Canaveral is home to Kennedy Space Center and Patrick Air Force Base.
- Port Canaveral is the home base to many cruise ships, including ships of the Disney, Royal Caribbean, and Carnival Cruise lines. There are also seafood restaurants at the port. Nice place to watch the giant ships, smaller craft, and sea birds.
- The Canaveral Lock allows boats to travel from the Atlantic/Port Canaveral to the Indian River. It's a little hard to locate, but visitors can watch small boats as they are lifted a small amount to compensate for tidal differences between ocean and river. Free.
|Routes through Cocoa Beach
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!