Ciudad Guayana is a city in Venezuela.
Ciudad Guayana is the collective name given to two adjacent towns, Puerto Ordaz and San Félix, that have sprawled and merged into one city. The city's economy is based on heavy industry, inlcuding huge aluminum and steel export plants.
- Guri Dam and Reservoir - Hydroelectricity provides some two thirds of Venezuela's energy needs, most of which comes from Guri. You can take a tour round the facilities.
- Posada Churum Meru (www.posadachurummeru.com), Campo B, Calle Mexico Nro. 8, Puerto Ordaz, Estado Bolívar. (Behind Super Autos Puerto Ordaz (Chevrolet dealership)), ☎ +582869222565, . checkin: 15:00; checkout: 12:00. Posada Churum Meru begun its operation in mid-2011, in order to offer a new option of accommodation to tourists, families, business men and executives, looking for an alternative of those already offered in the area and cheaper than the big hotel chains within the city but offering the same comfort to feel as home. All its rooms are equipped with air conditioner, refrigerator, private bathroom with hot water, LED TV with cable, high speed internet connection through LAN and/or Wi-Fi free of charge. With a total of 25 rooms you can choose from different room types for single, double, triple and quadruple occupation. It provides closed and free parking lot, conference room, wide kitchen available for free to its guests, daily housekeeping service and 24/7 front desk service. starts at Bs 1200. edit
- Chile, Carrera Tocoma, Edif. El-Alti, Oficina 03, Alta Vista, ☎ +58 ([email protected], fax: +58 286 961 7280). edit
- Finland (Honorary Consulate), Zona Industrial de Matanzas Sur UD 321, Manzana 7, Edif. Ingecontrol, ☎ +58 ([email protected], fax: +58 286 994 1347). edit
- Italy (Honorary Vice Consulate), Via Brasil No. 5, Quinta Maripola, Urb. Chilemex, ☎ +58 ([email protected], fax: +58 286 923 9709). edit
- Norway (Honorary Consulate), Lloyd Sudamericano C.A, Edif. Residencias Cachamay, Calle El Callao, Local 1, ☎ +58 ([email protected], fax: +58 286 922 5619). edit
- Peru, Urb. Roraima, Calle Roraima, Mz 4, Casa No. 20, Vista Sur, ☎ +58 ([email protected], fax: +58 286 962 3865). edit
- Portugal (Honorary Consulate), Av. Loeflin, via Toro Muerto, no. 1, Sector Los Olivos, ☎ +58 ([email protected], fax: +58 286 962 4962). edit
- Spain (Honorary Vice Consulate), Calle Guasipati, Edif. La Meseta, Oficina 4, ☎ +58 286 923 2345 (fax: +58 286 923 2345). edit
The city has a Brazilian consul, on the way down to the Gran Sabana. This is the second last place before reaching the border where you can ask for a Brazilian visa (necessary for US, Canada, ...). The last place is at Santa Elena de Uairén, 12 km from the border. Getting the visa takes usually 1-3 days.