Città della Pieve is a city in Umbria in Italy.
This city is noted for its beautiful red brickwork. Having no natural areas of stone Città della Pieve turned to its local clay soils for building material. This has always been a brick-making center. Palazzo della Corgna, in the main square, is one of the few buildings where imported stone was used. Città della Pieve houses some wonderful works of art by Pietro Vannucci, known as Il Perugino (The Perugian), who was born in the town.
The closest railway stations are on the Rome to Florence main line, at Fabro and Chiusi.
By car, exit the A1 Rome-Florence Autostrada at Fabro or Chiusi.
- Oratory of Santa Maria dei Banchi. Perugino managed to paint this enormous masterpiece in just 28 days.
- Via Della Baciadonne. Baciadonne means “ kiss the women”. This street is narrow enough to be able to kiss the woman in the opposite window and is said to be the narrowest street in Italy.
- Il Duomo. “ Pieve” means Baptismal Church and the town developed around this cathedral. The cathedral has been extensively remodelled. It has several works by Il Perugino.
- The Infiorata di San Luigi. This takes place on the Sunday closest to June 21st. The streets of Via Pietro Vannucci are covered with flower designs based on the paintings of Il Perugino.
- The Palio dei Terzieri. An archery competition between the three “quarters” of the town, together with theatrical and musical performances. From August 10th to the second-last Sunday of August.
- Logge del Perugino Resort (Le Sibille Restaurant), Viale dei Cappuccini 7 (06062 Città della Pieve (Perugia)), ☎ +39 0578 298927, . Sibille DeLuxe Restaurant, ideal for weddings and high quality meetings, indoor and outdoor location with panorama, specialities with Chianina meet, truffles, home-made pasta, Chianti and Montalcino wines. edit
- Hotel Vannucci is housed in Villa Mirafiori built in 1887 by King Vittorio Emanuele II. Thirty rooms: €95-125 for a double. Two restaurants. 
Città della Pieve is close to Orvieto, Perugia and Lake Trasimeno.