Chubut is in the Patagonia region of Argentina. It was originally settled by Welsh speakers. Province location is framed by the Andes range in the west and in the east it has access to the Atlantic ocean. In the north it borders with Río Negro Province and in the south with Santa Cruz Province.
The province territory consists mountainous area of Andes with peaks ranging around 1,500 and 2,000 metres (4,900 and 6,600 ft), the central plains and the coastal area. Province was named after Chubut river, which is the only river, that flows through the province.
Chubut Province airports are in Esquel', Puerto Madryn, Trelew'Bold text and Comodoro Rivadavia.
- Punta Loma, 17 km southwest of Puerto Madryn is a sea lion reserve. It can be reached by bike. Beware, that the road is not paved and your bike may sink into the sand. On the up side, there are deserted rocky beaches (very lovely), if you take any side path off this sandy road.
- Trelew town museums, especially Museo Paleontológico Egido Feruglio (al Mef), museum with a large collection of Patagonia dinosaur bones.
- Ruta 40. The province is crossed by mythical Ruta 40. The highway takes beginning from the far north to the southernmost tip of Argentina and goes through the desert plains and lush vineyards, passes by the crystal lakes, glaciers and the peaks of the Andes Mountains. The 5224 kilometer route connects La Quiaca in northern Argentina with the southern town of Rio Gallegos. The road trip goes through 11 provinces, 20 national parks, 18 major rivers, 27 passes on the Andes.
- Cerro De La Cruz. Hiking area with great panoramas.
- Diving in Gulfo Nuevo. The water has very good clarity with no currents.
- Fishing. Activity at plenty different spots within the area like the lakes Tres, Rosario, also the Puelo, Futaleufu, Chubut, Corcovado, Pico and Senguerr river basins.
- Horseback riding. This attraction is possible in Esquel, Trevelin or El Trebol areas.
- Kite boarding and wind surfing. An excellent kitesurfing destination is in Eastern Cape.
- Ocean fishing. The most favorite destination is Comodoro Rivadavia. The best time for the fishing.
- Old Trochita train (Viejo Expreso Patagónico). It is tourist attraction by Old Patagonian Express between Esquel and Nahuel Pan, 18 km round trip or a hired trip between Esquel and El Maitén or Jacobacci Engineer, passing by a beautiful scenery, snow-capped mountains, scattered towns and villages of Patagonia.
- Sandboarding. Great attraction in the Peninsula Valdes or Punta Este Sand Dunes – Puerto Madryn.
- Skiing. Mountains surround the Esquel city and Los Alerces National Park is close here. There is a ski station (La Hoya) only 14 km away.
- Snorkeling with sealions(lobos marinos). It is possible to snorkel with sealions really close to the Puerto Madryn port. Wetsuits are included and will keep you warm enough.
- Trekking. There are many treks in the province. It can be done in Los Alerces National Park in mountainous area or at the ocean in the Trelew area.
- Watching the sea fauna. Elephant Seals, Penguins, Sea lions, black-and-white Commerson's dolphins, Southern black whales, Orcas (killer whales, also, attacking sea lions), the Chubut steamer duck (also white-headed flightless steamer duck) is an endemic bird of Argentina. The Southern Black Whales can be watched in the waters of the Gulfo Nuevo, orcas in the Punto Norte, small dolphins in the Punta Tombo, penguins and sea lions at the Peninsula Valdes, Chubut steamer duck in the Golfo San Jorge.
- White-water rafting. Corcovado river is perfect for the rafting, both for experienced adventurers and for beginners, who have never tried this wonderful water sport.
Cuisine is differentiated in the mountain range, central and coastal area using meat in the deep land area and the fish at the ocean or lakes and rivers area. Torta negra galesa (or black Welsh cake) is a Patagonian fruitcake invented there by Welsh settlers in the Chubut River region in the late 18th century. In this area is used Chupasangre Cactus, which has fleshy fruits, and large tuberous edible roots.