Chorzów (Ho-zhoov) is a city in Silesian Voivodeship.
Katowice airport's located only 30 km from the city, it offers following connections:
- LOT Polish Airlines: Warsaw-Chopin
- Lufthansa: Frankfurt, Munich
- Ryaniar: Athens, Birmingham, Bologna, Brindisi, Catania, Cologne/Bonn, Cork, Dortmund, Dublin, Edinburgh, Goteborg, Kyiv-Boryspil, London-Stansted, Manchester, Milan-Bergamo, Odessa, Oslo-Sanderfjord, Paphos
- Wizz Air: Alesund, Barcelona, Bergen, Bristol, Catania, Cologne/Bonn, Doncaster/Sheffield, Dortmund, Eindhoven, Fuerteventura, Kharkiv, Kyiv-Zhuliany, Kutaisi, Larnaca, Liverpool, London- Luton, Lviv, Malmo, Malta, Milan-Bergamo, Sanderfjord, Reykjavik- Keflavik, Rome-Ciampino, Stavanger, Stockholm-Skavista, Tel Aviv- Ben Gurion, Tenerife-South, Odessa
seasonal: Alghero, Burgas, Castellón, Dubai Al-Maktoum, Malaga, Podgorica, Santander, Split
Bus company Sindbad offers direct connections between many Austrian, Belgian, Luxembourg, Italian, Danish, French, Dutch, Luxembourg, German or Swiss cities. Buses use to stop on central bus station on Powstańców Śląskich street. There're also direct buses from Austria or Czech Republic, you can check their timetable on E-Podroznik site.
Chorzów is well connected to other regional cities.
Chorzów's located near A4 motorway, DTŚ and DK79 way.
- Śląski Stadium. The biggest stadium in region.
- Dolina Górnika. Beautiful forest area with two ponds and cafe.
- Amelung pond. A lovely pond in the middle of settlements.
- Staw Wojskowy. A beautiful pond on the border with Świętochłowice city. A place popular with fishers.
- Park Róż. A nice park with a pond.
- Saint Joseph church (Mariańska). Church from 1904-07.
- Assumption church (Farna). Church from end of 19 century
- Saint Anthony's church (Zjednoczenia). Modernist church with an interesting interior.
- Elizabeth, Queen of Prussia Lutheran Church (Metalowców). Lutheran church from 1838-40.
- Saint Jadwiga church (Powstańców). Neoromanesque church from 1873-1974 with beautiful stain glasses.
- Saint Barbara church (3 Maja street). Neogothic church from 1852 with beautiful interior.
- Saint Mary Magdalene church (Bożogrobowców). Church from 1889-92 with nice interior.
- Saint Laurence church (Lwowska). Wooden church from 1599.
- Saint Florian church (Polish: Kościół św. Floriana). Modernist church with interesting stain glasses and mosaics.
- Saint Elizabeth Lutheran church . Church in Królewska Huta district.
- City Museum (Powstańców 25). There's a huge old coins collection
- President Well (Kościuszki). A modernist coal mine well.
- Wolności street. Street full of old tenement houses.
- Workers' Colony (Theodora Erdmanna Kalidego street). The oldest workers' colony in region. It was built in 18 century
- Chorzów Stary (Old Chorzów). The oldest district with many old houses and buildings. Its main place is Saint John's square
- Uroczysko Buczyna. Protected forest and swamp area
- Żabie Doły. Protected swamp area on the border with city of Bytom
- Batory. Beautiful old district with lovely tenement houses
- Park Hutników. Small park in the city center
- Reden Park, Nice park in the city center
- Modernist apartment buildings. Buildings are located in Batory district between Karpacka and Karwińska streets.
- President Mościcki Villa . Villa was inhabited by Ignacy Mościcki being a chief of nitrogen plants. According to urban legend, he haunts the house.
You can go to Teatr Rozrywki for a musical or participate in one of events organised by MDK or MDK Batory. There're open air swimming pools in nearby Park Śląski. It's also good to take a walk in Batory district streets.
- hotel Diament Bella Notte, Paderewskiego 35. edit Hotel near the city center, rooms with free WiFi, restaurant, sauna, gym, indoor swimming pool
- hotel Diament Arsenal Palace, Paderewskiego 35. edit Hotel near the city center, free WiFi, pub, restaurant, indoor swimming pool
- Focus hotel, Armii Krajowej 15. edit Hotel located 2 km from the city center, gym, sauna, free WiFi
- Blues hotel, Wolności 15. edit Hotel in the city center, free WiFi, restaurant, live concerts
- hotel Skaut, Aleja Harcerska 3. edit Budget hotel located about 2 km from the city center, not far from Park Śląski, free WiFi, restaurant, cafe, barbecue facilities
- Black Gold Center, Bolesława Chrobrego 13. edit An accommodation object in the city center, free WiFi, air conditioned rooms, terrace, car rental
- Sztygarka.Pensjonat Pod Wieżą, Piotra Skargi 34 D. edit B&B in the city center, free WiFi and car park, cafe, restaurant, spa
- hotel Gorczowski, Stefana Batorego 35. edit Hotel in historic building located in Batory district, free WiFi, restaurant
- Gościniec Chorzowski, Wolności 24. edit Accommodation object in the city center, free WiFi
- Red Rose, 23 Czerwca 2. edit Guest rooms located in the old tenement house in the city center, shared and private bathrooms, WiFi
- Guest Rooms, Powstańców 14/5. edit Guest rooms in the city center, located in old tenement house, WiFi, shared bathrooms
- Silesian University Guest Rooms, 75 Pułku Piechoty 1. edit Guest rooms with private bathrooms
You can see nearby cities of Katowice, Bytom or Ruda Śląska.