Chatham Town Centre from the Great Lines
Chatham is a town on the River Medway in the north of the English county of Kent. Together with its neighbouring towns of Rochester and Gillingham it forms a large urban area known as the Medway Towns.
- From London, take the A2 arterial road (32 miles / 51 km).
- From Canterbury, take the A2 and the M2 to Junction 3 for the Rochester exit (32 miles / 51 km, about 40 mins).
Chatham Station  is located south of the Town Centre shopping area. Trains are operated by SouthEastern, 08457 484950.
Fast trains operate to/from London Victoria (typical journey time 45 - 60 minutes) and slower stopping trains to/from London Charing Cross/Waterloo/London Bridge via Dartford (typical journey time 60 - 65 minutes). Trains to/from Ramsgate & Dover Priory also serve Chatham.
From December 2009, trains via High Speed 1 will serve Chatham.
Local buses are operated by Arriva , Nu-Venture  and ASD . Buses to Sittingbourne are operated by Chalkwell Coaches.
- The Historic Dockyard  01634 823807. An old naval dockyard now run as a museum. Open daily in spring and summer, weekends only in winter.
- Fort Amherst  Dock Road, Chatham, ME4 4UB 01634 847747. Open daily in summer.
- Nucleus Arts Centre, 272 High St, Chatham ME4 4BP, Tel. 01634 812108 . Arts centre with studio space for artists, exhibition gallery and cafe. Occasional film screenings in a popup cinema
Chatham Historic Dockyard
- Cruise on the Kingswear Castle Paddle Steamer 
- Pentagon Shopping Centre (The Pentagon), Chatham, Kent, ME4 4HY, ☎ 44 1634 405388, . MON-FRI - 8AM - 7PM, SAT - 8AM - 6PM, SUN - 10PM - 2PM. 20p - Toilets. (51.3838,0.5256) edit
- Dockside Outlet Centre (Dockside), Maritime Way, Chatham Maritime, Chatham, Kent, ME4 3ED, ☎ +44 1634 899389, . Mon-Fri: 10am-7pm / Sat: 9am-6pm / Sun: 11am-5pm. (51.4011,0.5347) edit
- The Feast, 10 Batchelor Street, Chatham, ME4 4BT. Good basic turkish restaurant. Although they do kebabs (and other stuff) it is nothing like a kebab shop. A good 3 course dinner with soft drinks (they do sell wine and beer) cost £10.
The Medway Council list accommodation on their website .
Kingswear Castle paddle steamer
- Medway Youth Hostel, Capstone Road, Gillingham, ME7 3JE 0870 770 5964 . 40 bed summer hostel about 4 miles from Chatham, housed in a districtive converted Oast House in a semi-rural setting.
Bed and Breakfasts
- St George Hotel, 7-8 New Road Avenue, Chatham, Kent. ME4 6BB Tel: 01634 841012,  About 5 minutes walk from Chatham station. Single rooms £40, doubles £60.
- Holiday Inn Rochester, Maidstone Road, Chatham, ME5 9SF 0870 400 9069. Modern hotel about 4 miles from the town centre.
- Travelodge Chatham Maritime, Western Avenue, Chatham Historic Dockyard, ME4 4NT, 0871 559 1878.  Opened in 2007 as a Ramada hotel, and became a Travelodge in 2016. Located near the entrance to the Historic Dockyard and Dockside shopping outlet, and 1-2 miles from the town centre. Rooms about £40-60 without breakfast.