SouthPark is a semi-urban district in south-central Charlotte. A hub of business and retail activity, it is also home to some of the city's most exclusive neighborhoods. In recent years SouthPark has experienced a sudden influx of midrise condominiums and office buildings to complement its suburban-style malls and business centers. It is still essentially an outlying area in relation to Charlotte's central districts, but SouthPark has become the city's primary destination for upscale shopping and dining.
Like most suburban areas, SouthPark is dominated by wide boulevards. Thus, the easiest method for exploring the district is the automobile. Most locales worth visiting are within seconds of a major street, and parking is adequate throughout the neighborhood. Major arteries include Providence Rd. (NC Hwy 16), Randolph Rd., Sardis Rd., and Rama/Fairview.
It is strongly advised that visitors obtain a street map of SouthPark before exploring the area. The neighborhood is notorious for its changing street names and complicated intersections.
The Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS)  has a few bus lines that serve SouthPark, though they are generally not used by affluent southsiders. Bus routes #18, #20, and #29 connect SouthPark to neighborhoods north, including Uptown. Routes #30, #57, and #60 travel west, connecting to LYNX  stations on the way. It is rather difficult to explore the neighborhood using only buses as transportation. Exercise judgment before using the buses as a last resort.
SouthPark is still primarily a residential neighborhood, and therefore offers little in the way of public attractions. There are many stately homes in the area that may be of interest, and the office-tower cluster at the center of the district as well as Piedmont Circle make good photographs.
- Symphony Park This park next to South Park Mall often hosts festivals and concerts.
- Charlotte Eagles and Lady Eagles, 7301 Sardis Rd, Charlotte Christian Stadium, ☎ +1 704 841-8644 (, [email protected], fax: +1 704 841-8652), . Minor-league semi-nomadic soccer teams. edit
- SouthPark Mall . Charlotte's upscale shopping destination, including Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Macy's, Dillard's and Belk. This is the lynchpin of the rapidly-developing SouthPark neighborhood, about 15 minutes south of Uptown. The mall is reputed for having a slightly snobbish atmosphere, but the upscale shopping is the best in the area.
- Phillips Place. Upscale shopping center with stores like Restoration Hardware and Dean & Deluca, and restaurants including The Palm Steakhouse, P.F. Chang's, and Upstream. edit
- Morrison. Upscale shopping center with organic grocery store (Earthfare), bookstore Barnes & Noble, restaurants, and Furniture stores such as Stickley. edit
- Baoding, 4722 Sharon Rd. (Sharon Corners Shopping Center), ☎ 704-552-8899. editOne of Charlotte's best-reputed Chinese restaurants. Engaging decor and high-quality ingredients make this a relative bargain compared to its pricier competition.
- Wolfman Pizza, 106 S Sharon Amity Rd # B, ☎ 704-366-3666. editAward-winning gourmet pizza has made this small chain highly successful in Charlotte -- so much that their pizza can be found on local grocery shelves. Recommended for the discriminating pizza consumer.
- La Bibliotheque, 1901 Roxborough Rd (Across from SouthPark Mall), ☎ 704-635-5000. editFrench-American fusion restaurant, with a sophisticated menu and an extensive wine list. Boasts of being voted Charlotte's most romantic restaurant. Reservations suggested.
- Harper's, 6518 Fairview Rd, ☎ 704-522-8376. edit
- Il Posto Osteria, 6908 Phillips Place Ct, ☎ 704-643-6070. edit
- Manzetti’s, 6401 Morrison Blvd, ☎ 704-364-9334. edit
- McCormick & Schmick’s, 4335 Barclay Downs Dr, ☎ 704-442-5522. edit
- Morton’s, The Steakhouse, 4331 Barclay Downs Dr, ☎ 704-365-1330. Recently closed this SouthPark location, but Morton Uptown is still open for business. edit
- Noble’s, 6801 Morrison Blvd, ☎ 704-367-9463. edit
- The Palm Restaurant, 6705-B Phillips Place Ct. (Phillips Place Shopping Center), ☎ 704-552-7256. edit
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House, 6000 Fairview Rd, ☎ 704-556-1115. edit
- ''Upstream'', 6902 Phillips Place Ct, ☎ 704-556-7730. edit
- Zebra, 4521 Sharon Rd, ☎ 704-442-9525. edit
- Del Frisco's, 4725 Piedmont Row Drive Suite 170. edit
- Brio, 4720 Piedmont Row Drive. Upscale Italian restaurant. edit
- Oceanaire Seafood Room, 4620 Piedmont Row Dr. edit
- P.F. Chang's China Bistro, 6809 Phillips Place Ct #. edit
- Rooster's Wood Fire Kitchen, 6601 Morrison Blvd. edit
- Arooji’s Wine Room Ristorante, 720 Governor morrison st.. edit
- Yama Asian Fusion, 720 Governor Morrison Street. edit
- Hotel Charlotte Restaurant, 705 S Sharon Amity Rd, ☎ 704-364-6955. edit
- Doubletree Guest Suites Charlotte / SouthPark, 6300 Morrison Boulevard, ☎ +1 704-364-2400, . Hotel suites with full kitchens. Located 7 miles from the airport, and 5 miles from downtown. Amenities include pool with waterfall and fitness center. edit
- Marriott Courtyard Charlotte SouthPark, 6023 Park South Dr, ☎ 704-552-7333, . edit
- Marriott SouthPark, 2200 Wexford Rd., ☎ +1 704 364-8220, . A boutique hotel in the Queen City neighborhood offering meeting and event facilities. edit
- Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark, 5501 Carnegie Blvd., ☎ +1 704 501-2510 (fax: +1 704 554-6774), . $119-$209.. edit
- Residence Inn Charlotte South Park, 6030 J.A. Jones Dr., ☎ +1 704 554-7001, . Next to Charlotte’s South Park Mall you can start your day off with a free hot breakfast buffet, enjoy evening socials M-Th and relax in the indoor pool and spa. edit
- Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, 10225 Feldfarm Ln., ☎ +1 704 544-3993, . Whether you're on the road for work or leisure, the extended stay hotel is minutes away from everything the Charlotte area has to offer. edit
- Super 8 Motel, 11300 Texland Blvd., ☎ +1 704 588-8488. Upside: immediate access to I-77 and I-485. Downside: train tracks run nearby. Give some thought to this one especially if you’re planning on going to Carowinds, which is only a few minutes’ drive down the interstate. Continental breakfast. $28-$150. edit
- Congregation Ohr HaTorah, 6619 Sardis Rd, . Orthodox shul connected to Chabad-Lubavitch of the Carolinas. Also home of the Jewish Preschool on Sardis. edit
- Temple Israel and Temple Beth-El, 4901 and 5101 Providence Rd, . Conservative and Reform (respectively) temples located virtually adjacent to one another. Part of Shalom Park, which also includes the Jewish Community Center, Jewish Day and High schools, the Levine-Sklut Resource Center (a library), and several other Jewish community resources. edit
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!