Chambersburg is a city in Pennsylvania.
This town is located on the Lincoln Highway and an hour away southwest of Harrisburg.For a small town, Chambersburg offers a wide range of activities for people of all ages. Since the town is 15 minutes away from Shippensburg University, many students spend most of their weekends in Chambersburg. This town is also the home of Wilson College. It is a town that has been around since 1730 and has been growing ever since.
- When traveling from Philadelphia, take I-76 W toward Harrisburg.
- On 76 W, take exit 226 for US 11 toward I 81/Chambersburg/Carlisle.
- Continue on US 11 and take the exit to I-81 S toward Chambersburg and get off at exit 16.
- Amtrak - Since Chambersburg does not have any bus services, many people take the Amtrak to Harrisburg and then drive to Chambersburg. Harrisburg has many cab companies you can use to go to Harrisburg. Some of these companies are Almighty Cab Service, AAA Alpine Taxicab Company, etc.
- Greyhound - In Hagerstown MD, there is a greyhound bus terminal. This town is a 30 minute drive from Chambersburg. The address for the bus terminal is 10527 Sharpsburg Pike Hagerstown, MD 21740.
- Old Jail - Built in 1818, the jail remained alive even after Chambersburg was burned by the confederates in 1864. Another significance of the "Old Jail" is that it was one of the stops on the underground railroad during the times of slavery. This place offers tours anytime during the day. Anyone interested can call 717-264-1667. If you are interested in traveling there, the address is 175 E. King St. Chambersburg, PA.
- Thomas June Artisan Gallery, 490 Lincoln Way East. Artwork and hand designed items by the local people.
Penn National Golf Course
- Penn National Golf Club, 3720 Clubhouse Drive. It is a complete golf course which received a four star rating from Golf Digest magazine. 3-day packages for $300.
- Sky-diving at the Chambersburg Skydiving Center, 3506 Airport Road, offers a wide range of activities such as freefall skydiving, static line skydiving, and "instructor assisted driving."
- Rhodes Grove Camp, 7693 Brown's Mill Road. This is a Christian camp center surrounded by the farmland of South Central Pennsylvania. This camp offers year around camping, retreats and various other activities including swimming, horseback riding, canoeing, water sliding, etc.
- Fright Night, 1320 Lincoln Way East. A 20,000 square feet house is dedicated to "scaring visitors" every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in October.
- Capital Theater - Theater fans can enjoy various performances during the year.
- Lincoln Lanes Bowling Center: This 20 lane bowling center offers party packages and laser bowling for kids and adults alike.
- The Collector's Dream, 6150 Lincoln Way East. An antique heaven that offers a wide range of jewelry, coins, pottery, etc. People of all ages can find the things of their taste.
- Wrap It Up, 158 Highland Drive. Before heading home, make sure to custom create a gift basket for those back home! They personalize each basket with effort and great detail.
- Chambersburg Mall, 6 W Washington St. The mall has a variety of stores such as Bon-Ton, Burlington Coat Factory, BonWorth and Bath and Body Works. The mall also has a huge video arcade to entertain the children and teens while the adults shop. At the mall you can also buy personalized presents for the loved ones at home. This is one of the more popular hangouts in town also attracting students from Shippensburg University.
- Montezuma Mexican Restaurant, 820 Wayne Avenue. This restaurant offers traditional Mexican food such as enchiladas, tamales, sopapillas, and flan. This restaurant also offers a few drinks such as margaritas and beer. Dinners $20-$40.
- Italian Village Restaurant, 5267 Philadelphia Avenue. For those that desire a family environment, then Italian Village is the destination for them. Dinners $15-$30.
- Green Village, 5440 Philadelphia Ave. This restaurant has different foods such as sandwiches, ice cream and pies. Average meal, 10 dollars. Discounts for senior citizens.
- Norland Pub, 454 Norland Ave. Open all night 7 days a week. Considered to have one of the best parties in town. Live music on the weekends.
- Jolly Cork, 75 Grandview Ave. An average pub where many people pre-game before going out.
- Best Western Chambersburg, 211 Walker Road. 48 room hotel is located off exit 16. Free internet access, complimentary continental breakfast, cable television, outdoor pool, etc.
- Comfort Inn Chambersburg, 3301 Black Gap Rd. This hotel features an indoor pool and spa and an extended breakfast buffet and an adjacent dining to the mall. For those with pets can rest easily because they have a pet policy for $10/night.
- Sleep Inn Chambersburg,1435 Doron Drive , Chambersburg, PA, US, 17202.Has a Indoor Swimming pool and hot tub and has a breakfast bar and
is adjacent to the Chambersburg Mall.
|Routes through Chambersburg