|| This article or section does not match our manual of style or needs other editing. Please plunge forward, give it your attention and help it improve! Suggested fixes: None specified. Please use the article's talk page to ask questions if you are not sure why this tag was added and whether it is safe to remove it.
Chalkidiki (Greek: Χαλκιδική), also Halkidiki or Chalcidice, forms a trident-like peninsula. The coast hosts numerous excellent beaches. Located near the city of Thessaloniki. The capital of Chalkidiki prefecture is the town of Polygyros, located in Northern Chalkidiki.
Nea Moudania, Potidea, Nea Phokea, Athytos, Kallithea, Kryopigi, Pefkohori, Chaniotis, Skioni, Kalandra, Posidi, Siviri
Gerakini, Kalyves, Nikiti, Neos Marmaras, Agios Nikolaos, Metamorfosis, Pyrgadikia, Parthenon, Sykia, Sarti, Vourvourou, Ormos Panagias, Toroni
Ouranoupolis, Ierissos, Nea Roda, Olympias
Polygyros- the capital town, Arnea, Agios Prodromos, Taxiarhis, Stageira, Stavros, Varvara, Stratoni, Stratoniki
To get to Halkidiki there are buses that leave from the Halkidiki Bus Station located south of Thessaloniki. To get to this bus station you can take a 45A from the commuter bus station adjacent to Thessaloniki Train Station, Halkidiki Bus Station is the final stop.
From Halkidiki Bus Station there are frequent services to numerous destinations. Schedule information can be found at KTEL Halkidiki.
You can book a private transfer to any resort in Halkidiki at fair prices. Pre-booking a door-to-door transfer service saves you money and stress, while it is cheaper than a regular taxi and the driver will wait for you at the arrivals hall and will take you in front of your accommodation. You can find here a reliable service all year round at very good prices.
The only way to get around is from Thessaloniki Interurban Bus Terminal "KTEL Halkidikis".
- Canal of Potidea, separating the Kassandra peninsula from the mainland.
- Byzantine watch tower of the Agios Pavlos, Mt. Athos monastery in Nea Phokea.
- Old traditional village of Athytos.
- Spa thermal baths of Agia Paraskevi.
- Summer concerts and theater festival in the amphitheaters of Nea Moudania and Siviri and the jazz festival of Sani.
- Chapel of the Virgin Mary on the seaside of Skioni.
- Ancient ruins of Zeus temple in Kallithea and of Poseidon temple in Posidi.
- Excavations of ancient Olynthos, with the oldest mosaics (5th c. BC) ever found in Greece.
- Old traditional villages of Parthenon, Sykia and Nikiti.
- Porto Carras vineyard and wine cellar.
- Toroneos cross swimming race in July from Nikiti to Kallithea.
- Ancient ruins of Toroni and its ancient harbour Porto Koufo.
- Spectacular view of Mt. Athos from Kartalia cliff cape.
- Thousands of goats grazing free on the mountains.
Its 20 Byzantine christian orthodox Monasteries and numerous Sketes, allowed only to men visitors, who need a permission to land, by boat only. It's the biggest and most important monastic community of Greece, with 1.800 monks living there today.
- Traditional mountain villages Arnea, Taxiarhis, Agios Prodromos.
- Cave of Petralona, with the spectacular stalactites and stalagmites and the oldest human finds of Greece.
- Arcaeological Museum of Polygyros, with finds from the whole area of Halkidiki.
- Excavations of ancient Stageira, birthplace of the philosopher Aristotelis.
- Statue of the philosopher Aristotelis by the modern village Stageira.
- Forest of Mt. Holomontas.
- Local flower and pine honey from Nikiti and Arnea, the two biggest centres of greek honey.
- Woven woolen articles from Arnea.
- Tsipouro, the strong-kind-of-ouzo schnapps from the local villagers.
- Wine. The winters here are mild and the summers are long and dry. The good climate, among with the mineral-rich soil, are crucial factors for the famous wine-making of the area. The most famous wine is that produced in Sithonia, in the Neos Marmaras area, the Porto Carras
- Eagles Palace, Ouranoupolis Halkidiki 630 75, Greece, ☎ +30 23770 31070, . Eagles Palace is a 5 star luxury hotel in Ouranoupolis,one of the most beautiful villages in Halkidiki and one of the few luxury resorts in Greece. edit
- Eagles Villas, Ouranoupolis, . A family run resort featuring luxury villas in Ouranoupolis, Halkidiki that will take your holidays in Greece to the next level. edit