Chacala is a city in the Nayarit Region of Mexico.
Chacala, a village 60 miles north of Puerto Vallarta on Mexico's Pacific Coast, is built around the beach, a handsome half-mile crescent of jungle-adjacent sand. At the southern end of the beach, gentle surf murmurs over black volcanic rocks. In the middle of the crescent, a half-dozen palm-shaded restaurants serve fresh fish and shrimp (and keep a machete on hand for those new-fallen coconuts). To the north, two dozen battered fishing boats are tied to a modest dock.
Chacala lies on Mexico's Pacific Coast, about 60 miles north of Puerto Vallarta and six miles off Highway 200. From the Puerto Vallarta airport, visitors can rent a car (most major agencies are represented) or take a taxi, which costs about $90 for the 90-minute ride. The cheapest and pretty easy way is get to Bucerias by regular bus from many that goes on the highway near the airport (Other side of the bridge), then get the Pacific line to Las Varras (167MXP or 8$, every 20min till the night even 22:30), and then taxi (120mxp) or collectivo (15mxp, till 6pm) to Chacala.
- Chacala Escapes, Islas Marías, ☎ +52 327 219-4018. arranges snorkeling, surfing, fishing, whale watching and other trips at $10-$35 per person.. edit
- Majahua, On the beachfront, ☎ +52 327 219-4055. no roof and a pebble floor, but it's the fanciest restaurant in town, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Main courses $6-$13.. edit
- Las Brisas, beachfront. favorite with English speakers. Main dishes $5.50-$18.. edit
- Mauna Kea Cafe, Los Corchos, just off Islas Marias, ☎ +52 327 219-4067. a breakfast spot (8-10 a.m.). Prices $4.50-$7.. edit
- Chac Mool (vino deli cafe), islas canarias 7, ☎ (+52) 3272194097, . Attractive terrace cafe serving breakfasts and European style food, along with gourmet coffees and artisan bread, run by Mexican/English couple. edit
- Majahua, On the beachfront, . Four 'suite' units in a pair of buildings on a jungle slope down to the beach. Uneven paths make it risky for children and anyone with mobility problems, but the secluded setting and spa attract yoga groups and other escapists. Breakfast included. $110-$300 per suite nightly.. edit
- Mar de Jade, On the beachfront, ☎ 800-257-0532, . Thirty units, neighbored by garden, pool and beach. Units have no phones or TVs, and most are fan-cooled, although air conditioning will be added to a few rooms this year. Family-friendly. Spa facilities. Three kayaks. Meals included in rates. High-season rates $110-$135 per person based on double occupancy, or $135-$180 for singles.. edit
- Casa Chacala, Golfo de Mexico street, . Opened three years ago with six units and a pool. Has air conditioning (a rarity), and word is that TVs are coming. Doubles begin at $50.. edit
- Techos de Mexico (Roofs of Mexico), . Among the houses in the Techos de Mexico program, rooms are priced at $22.50-$60 nightly. Most include kitchenettes and terraces with ocean views; all are within five minutes' walk to the beach, but housekeeping, telephone access and billing practices vary. Little English spoken.. edit
- Chacala Vacation Rentals, ☎ 760-300-3908, . Several luxurious houses in the gated Marina Chacala development are available for short-term rental, from $150 (for a one-bedroom unit) to $625 per night (for Villa Tesseri, which sleeps 10 to 12 and has a swimming pool).. edit
- Posada Sarahi, In the center, 10 meters from the beachfront, ☎ 327-105-90-78 ([email protected]). 300 MXP$ (15USD$) for a single room, 370 MXP$ for two people. Basic rooms with basic price, not much English.. edit