Centurion is a city in the Tshwane district of South Africa
- Gautrain  is a new first-world-quality commuter train with two lines, namely Johannesburg-Pretoria and Sandton-OR Tambo airport. Interchange is at Sandton or Marlboro. All journeys are paid using a Gold Card costing R11 which is nonrefundable. Using the Gautrain from OR Tambo will cost R135.00.
Five highways join in the Gauteng region, making it accessible from all cities in the country. This would include the N1, N3, N4, N12 and N14 national highways.
Most National Routes (N)  are now Toll Roads or will be in the not to distant future.
- O.R. Tambo International Airport,, formerly called Johannesburg International and before that as Jan Smuts Airport, these old names are still commonly used. tel,+27 11 921-6911, is the main airport for Johannesburg. Located 50 km (31 mi) from Centurion, it is the busiest airport in Africa and the connecting hub for flights to other cities in Southern Africa. There are many flights to Johannesburg from international hubs, notably London, Paris and Frankfurt. Most flights from Europe are overnight and arrive in the early morning. If you arrive on one of these flights be prepared for very long waits at immigration. Remember your yellow fever certificate.
Terminal A is for international flights, and B domestic. When flying out some international flights may have their check-in in Terminal B, but will still leave from Terminal A. The two terminals are adjacent to each other and a 5 minute indoor walk between the two.
- Lanseria Airport, is Johannesburg's other airport that caters for passengers on commercial airlines. It is privately owned unlike O.R. Tambo which is run by the Airports Company South Africa (ACSA). Lanseria Airport is situated 40 km (24 mi) South West of Centurion. Fewer airlines fly to this airport and it is mostly used for regional, corporate and diplomatic passage. There are however regular flights from Lanseria on some of the budget airlines such as Mango.
Car Rental companies in Centurion:
- Centurion Art Gallery, Cnr Cantonments Rd and Unie Ave, ☎ +27 12 358-3477 ([email protected], fax: +27 12 664-6242). 10Am to 5PM Mon to Fri. edit
- Smuts House Museum, Doornkloof, 23rd St West (Follow John Voster Dr (M19) south, turn left into Nellmapius Dr (M31), cross under the rail bridge and turn right into 23rd St West), ☎ +27 12 667-1176. Preserved home of Gen Jan Smuts, Prime Minister of South Africa from during World War II. One of only 3 UN depository libraries in South Africa is located here and may be used for research. A tea garden is open daily edit
- Centurion Mall, Heuwel Avenue (From the N1 take exit 128 (M19 John Voster), turn right into Lenchen Ave), ☎ +27 12 663-1702 ([email protected], fax: +27 12 663-1367), . Large shopping mall on Centurion Lake edit
- Firkin, Lougardia Building, Embankment Road (Next to Centurion Mall. From the N1 take exit 128 (M19 John Voster), turn right into Hendrik Verwoerd, turn right into Embarkment), ☎ +27 12 663-4213 (fax: +27 12 663-4214), . Open till the early hours. Excellent watering hole and place to meet the locals. edit