Cefalù  is a fishing village and popular beach resort on the north coast of Sicily, Italy.
Frequent trains run to and from Palermo, Milazzo and Messina. From Messina, many continue on to Naples and Rome. The train from Palermo costs €5.6 and takes one hour running right along the coast. You can buy train tickets from the stations. Most Tabacchi shops (with big T store sign) sell tickets too and you can find them anywhere in Italy.
Several buses a day run to Castelbuono and Palermo from outside Cefalù's train station. As with the train, the journey from Palermo is about 1 hour.
During the summer, a few hydrofoils run to Palermo and the Aeolian Islands.
By Car Transfer
There are many private car rentals and transfers operated by locals and offers airport transfer from the Palermo airport to Cefalù at an affordable price.
- MediTravel (Meditravel car and bus rentals in Sicily), P.zza Garibaldi, 12 90015 - Cefalù (PA) ITALY, ☎ (+39) 0921 420441 ([email protected]), . edit
Cefalù is small enough to get around on foot.
- The attractive Cathedral (Duomo) dominates the centre of town. It is the site of Byzantine mosaics different from the Norman/Arab ones at Monreale.virtual tour Duomo Cefaù
- The Mandralisca Museum with the "Ritratto d'ignoto marinaio" or "Ritratto d'uomo" (Portrait of a Man) painting by Antonello da Messina.
- They Abbey of Thelema is located in Cefalu. It was where Aleister Crowley lived in Sicily prior to his expulsion by the Fascist government of Mussolini.
- Climb The Rock (La Rocca) for great views of the red-roofed town and beautiful bay area as well as a visit to Diana's Temple (Tempio di Diana). Follow the brown signs to Tempio di Diana from the town's main street. You will probably have to pay 4€ at the entrance by the base. You can get some great views from the archaeological site with the 4th century Tempio di Diana half way up, but to reach the castle up top you are in for quite a hike on a sunny day. Last admission is at 18.00.
- Walk 15 minutes East around the headland to the bustling tourist port, full of fishing boats and islets.
- Visit the harbour - Piazza Marina.
- Relax on the beach - one of the best in Sicily. Keep in mind that the beach is divided into different sections, some with umbrellas and beach chairs set up that you can rent. The price, from about €8 to 15, decreases the further you walk along the beach.
There are plenty of local restaurants around the old town.
There are several hotels dotted around town. A room can be found as cheap as €20 for two people in the old town. A tourist map may have its location, but the friendly locals may also be able to point you in the right direction. A four star waterfront hotel is also available on the main street that runs along the beach.
- Hotel Al Pescatore, Contrada Calura, 7, . 1 km away from the centre, recently restructured, the hotel offers 28 rooms equipped with the best comforts: private bathroom with shower, hairdryer, colour TV, direct telephone and air conditioning. edit
- Hotel Tourist Cefalù (Tourist Hotel Cefalu), Lungomare G. Giardina - 90015 - Cefalù (PA) | ITALY (The property is a 10-minute drive from highway A20 and is half a kilometre from Cefalù Train Station), ☎ (+39) 0921 421 750, . Hotel Tourist Cefalù has 46 comfortable rooms, most with balconies and sea views, accompanied by satellite tv, wi-fi, minibar, telephone, safe, hairdryer, and individual air conditioning. Price starts at 148 EUR. edit
- Art Hotel Atelier sul Mare, Via Cesare Battisti 4 - Castel di Tusa, ☎ +39 0921 334295, . Original design hotel located on the sea. All the rooms are designed and realized by different artists. Room rates from €120 to €220. edit
- Casa Vacanze Cicerone, Via Bagni di Cicerone 21, ☎ 0921 921593, . edit