Cefalù is a fishing village and popular beach resort on the north coast of Sicily, Italy.
The name, what from Greek means "head", it is supposed refers to the shape of the nearby hill.
Patron of the city Madonna dell'Immacolata.
- Palermo Airport, ((100 km)), ☎ +39 091 702 0273 ([email protected]), . Luggage service Alitalia (tel: +39 091 702 0208) passengers and the other for all other passengers (tel: +39 091 702 0209) edit
- Catania Airport, ((150 km)), ☎ Luggage Support +39 095 723 9630 ([email protected]), . edit
- Trapani Airport, ((166 km)), ☎ +39 092 361 0111 ([email protected]), . edit
Frequent trains run to and from Palermo, Milazzo and Messina. From Messina, many continue on to Naples and Rome. The train from Palermo takes one hour running right along the coast. You can buy train tickets from the stations. Most Tabacchi shops (with big T store sign) sell tickets too and you can find them anywhere in Italy. Train service .
Several buses a day run to Castelbuono and Palermo from outside Cefalù's train station. As with the train, the journey from Palermo is about 1 hour. Bus service around all Italy .
There are many private car rentals and transfers operated by locals and offers airport transfer from the Palermo airport to Cefalù at an affordable price.
- MediTravel (Meditravel car and bus rentals in Sicily), P.zza Garibaldi, 12, 90015 Cefalù (PA) ITALY, ☎ +39 092 142 0441 ([email protected]), . edit
During the summer, a few hydrofoils run to Palermo and the Aeolian Islands.
Cefalù is small enough to get around on foot.
- Abbey of Thelema (Abbazia di Thélema), 90015 Cefalù. There lived the most famous occultist and esotericist of all time, Aleister Crowley. edit
- Capo Marchiafava’s Bastion (Bastione di Capo Marchiafav), Piazza Francesco Crispi, 90015 Cefalù. It was built in the 17th century, restored in the 20th century. Attracts attention by its wide spaces and a view towards the sea. edit
- Cefalù Cathedral (Duomo di Cefalù), Piazza del Duomo, 90015 Cefalù, ☎ +39 092 192 2021, . It dominates the centre of town. It is the site of Byzantine mosaics different from the Norman/Arab ones at Monreale. edit
- Church of Saint Mary Hodegetria and Saint John Evangelist (Chiesa di Santa Maria dell'Odigitria e San Giovanni Evangelista), Piazza Francesco Crispi, 13, 90015 Cefalù. Popularly it is referred as Itria church. The current building is from the 16th century. This church was united from two separate churches (St. Giovanni and Itria Churches) which were combined into a single parish in 1961. edit
- Earth Gate or Greater Gate (Porta Terra e Mura Megalitiche), Piazza Garibaldi, 2, 90015 Cefalù. It is one of the four gates left, that allowed the people to enter the city. edit
- Lungomare Giuseppe Giardina, 90015 Cefalù. This promenade prolongs about 2 km along the coast lined by the trees and the fascinating view of the coast. edit
- Mandralisca Museum (Museo Mandralisca), Via Mandralisca, 13, 90015 Cefalù, ☎ +39 092 142 1547 ([email protected]), . Famous Portrait of a Man by Antonello da Messina in the the art gallery, also including the museum, remarkable archaeological collection, splendid monetaryand valuable furniture, which had belonged to the Mandralisca family. (""long="",) edit
- Medieval old town. Try to find the medieval signs in the cobblestone winding streets or limestone walls, observe the old buildings and churches, study doors, gates and windows to find details reminding that times. edit
- Medieval wash house (Lavatoio Medievale), Via Vittorio Emanuele, 90015 Cefalù. It has washing pools, which were fed from the spring and underground stream waters. edit
- Pescara Gate (Porta Pescara), Via Vittorio Emanuele, 105, 90015 Cefalù. It is arched gate left in the ancient town wall, which opens its space towards the sea. edit
- Beach. Relax on the beach one of the best in Sicily. Keep in mind that the beach is divided into different sections, some with umbrellas and beach chairs set up that you can rent. The price decreases the further you walk along the beach. edit
- Climb the Rock (La Rocca). See the great views of the red-roofed town and beautiful bay area as well as a visit to Diana's Temple (Tempio di Diana). Follow the brown signs to Tempio di Diana from the town's main street. You will probably have to pay 4€ at the entrance by the base. You can get some great views from the archaeological site with the 4th century Tempio di Diana half way up, but to reach the castle up top you are in for quite a hike on a sunny day. Last admission is at 18.00. edit
- Habour. Visit the harbour at Piazza Marina. edit
- Salvatore Cicero Municipal Theater (Teatro Comunale Salvatore Cicero), Via Salvatore Spinuzza, 115, 90015 Cefalù. The building is shaped like a horseshoe, which is the typical shape of the ‘Italian Style’ theatre. Inside it has nice painting on the ceiling. edit
- Tourist port. Walk 15 minutes East around the headland to the bustling tourist port, full of fishing boats and islets. edit
- Al Gabbiano, Lungomare Giuseppe Giardina, 17, 90015 Cefalù, ☎ +39 092 142 1495, . Pizza Restaurant edit
- Al Porticciolo, Via Carlo Ortolani di Bordonaro, 66, 90015 Cefalù, ☎ +39 092 192 1981 ([email protected]), . Pizza Restaurant edit
- Girotondo, Via Gibilmanna, 46, 90015 Cefalù, ☎ +39 349 185 5572 ([email protected]), . Pizzeria edit
- La Tavernetta, Via Presidiana, 90015 Cefalù, ☎ +39 092 142 2510 ([email protected]), . Restaurant edit
- Triscele, Via Umberto I, 34, 90015 Cefalù, ☎ +39 092 192 1571 ([email protected]), . Restaurant edit
- Enoteca Le Petit Tonneau - Winery & Putia, PA (fronte Club Med, 90015 Cefalù, ☎ +. Winery edit
- L'elite, Via Roma, 27, 90015 Cefalù, ☎ +39 0921 420575 ([email protected]), . Bar edit
- Lido Golden Beach, Lungomare Giuseppe Giardina, 115, 90015 Cefalù. edit
- Oktoberfest, SS113, 90015 Contrada Vallone del Falco, Cefalù, ☎ +39 339 643 2668 ([email protected]), . Brewery Restaurant edit
- Al 33 Giri, Via Ciluzzo 12, (Contrada Pisciotto), 90015 Cefalù, ☎ +39 333 463 9877 ([email protected]), . B&B edit
- Al Pescatore, Contrada Calura, 7, 90015 Cefalù, ☎ +39 092 142 1736, . Hotel 1 km away from the centre, recently restructured, the hotel offers 28 rooms equipped with the best comforts: private bathroom with shower, hairdryer, colour TV, direct telephone and air conditioning. edit
- Alberi del Paradiso - Cefalù, Via dei Mulini, 18, 90015 Cefalù, ☎ +39 320 749 8562 ([email protected]), . Luxury Hotel edit
- Camping Sanfilippo - Cefalu, Contrada Ogliastrillo, 90015 Cefalù, ☎ +39 333 523 1000 ([email protected]), . Camping edit
- Casa Cicerone, Via Bagni Cicerone, 21, 90015 Cefalù, ☎ +39 092 192 1593, . B&B edit
- Cefalù Sea Palace, Lungomare Giuseppe Giardina, snc, 90015 Cefalù, ☎ +39 092 192 5011 ([email protected]), . Hotel edit
- Museo Albergo Atelier sul mare, Via Cesare Battisti 4, Castel di Tusa, ☎ +39 092 133 4295, . Original design hotel located on the sea. All the rooms are designed and realized by different artists. edit
- Tourist Cefalù, Lungomare G. Giardina, 90015 Cefalù (The property is a 10-minute drive from highway A20 and is half a kilometre from Cefalù Train Station), ☎ +39 092 142 1750, . Hotel has 46 comfortable rooms, most with balconies and sea views, accompanied by satellite tv, wi-fi, minibar, telephone, safe, hairdryer, and individual air conditioning. edit
- Villa Nesea, Via Ciluzzo, S/N, (Contrada Pisciotto), 90015 Cefalù, ☎ +39 392 016 4946. B&B edit
- Tourist office, Corso Ruggero, 77, 90015 Cefalù, ☎ +39 092 142 1050. edit