Cedar Falls is a city in Northeast Iowa.
Home to University of Northern Iowa, the third-largest public university in the state of Iowa. The city gets its name from the Cedar River which flows on the city's eastern side. On the other side of the river is the more populous Waterloo; collectively these two are known as the "Cedar Valley".
In 2006, the U.S. Census Bureau's population estimate was 36,940, while the Cedar Valley has a population of more than 100,000.
- Cedar Falls Visitors and Tourism Bureau, 6510 Hudson Rd. (Go N on Hwy 20, exit 224), ☎ +1 319 268-4266 (toll free: +1 800 845-1955, [email protected]), . M-F 8AM-5PM, Sa 9AM-4PM, Su noon-4PM. edit
- Waterloo Regional Airport, 2790 Livingston Ln., Waterloo (From IA 58, take US 218 S exit, merge onto IA 57, IA 57 becomes US 218 S, exit Broadway, turn left onto Airport Blvd.), ☎ +1 319 291-4483 ([email protected], fax: +1 319 291-4250), . Delta Air Lines has flights available.(IATA: ALO). edit
- Greyhound, 1009 W 23rd St. (University Book and Supply), ☎ +1 319 266-6518 (toll free: +1 800 454-2487), . edit
Traveling east/west on U.S. Highway 20 or north/south on U.S. 218 are the most common routes.
- University Museum, 3219 Hudson Rd., ☎ +1 319 273-2188 ([email protected], fax: +1 319 273-6924), . M-F 9AM-4:30PM, Sa 1PM-4PM, closed Su. History, biology and anthropology exhibits. Free. edit
The university has all the things  you'd expect a public university to have, including music events, theater, sports, and guest speakers. The campus is most abuzz in October when the university celebrates homecoming, one of the most popular of its kind in the Midwest. The major venues on campus are Gallagher Bluedorn Performing Arts Center, UNI-Dome (Division FCS football) and McLeod Center (many indoor sports).
- Sturgis Falls Celebration, ([email protected]), . (). The original name for the city was Sturgis Falls, and for over 35 years, locals have been celebrating the city with a parade, carnival, talent shows and food. edit
The closest restaurants to campus are on The Hill on College St., northeast of campus (no need to change parking spots if already parked on campus). Popular standbys include Sub City (where they say the meat is piled high and they don't lie), the Other Place (O.P.) for pizza. Main St.  downtown is a popular spot for a variety of restaurants, some which are nicer than the ones near campus. Many restaurants, mostly chains, are located on University Ave.
- The Brown Bottle, 1111 Center St., ☎ +1 319 266-2616 ([email protected]), . 4PM-10PM daily. A long-time favorite serving Italian fare. After a meal one can stroll alongside the river just across the street. Gluten-free menu available. $20. edit
- Pepper's Grill and Sports Pub, 620 E 18th St., ☎ +1 319 266-9394, . 11AM-late. 2 floors with 40+ TVs to watch the game. Wings, sandwiches and all sorts of alcoholic drinks. The pool tables are sort of tucked away so it's a good place to eat and have a lot of fun. Extremely busy if the Panthers or other local teams are on TV. $15. edit
- Mulligans Brick Oven Grill and Pub, 205 E 18th St., ☎ +1 319 277-3426. Another popular place to both eat and watch the game. One floor split into two sides, one focused more on eating and the other more so on TVs and food surrounding the bar. $15. edit
Student bars and clubs.
- Little Bigs, 2210 College St, ☎ +1 319 260-2026. Daily drink specials and serves brunch on Sundays. edit
- The Library, 2222 College St, ☎ +1 319 277-3962. A bit milder, with a patio out back and jukebox available for tunes. Sit and relax. edit
- Sharkys Fun House (The Tank), 2223 College St, ☎ +1 319 277-3019. Bar by day, dance club by night. Cheap beer and pretty grungy. edit
- The Octopus, 2205 College St. $1 PBR during happy hour and free popcorn for the hipsters. edit
- Suds, 2223 1/2 College St, ☎ +1 319 277-9961. Small bar with adjoining outside beer garden. Jukebox and pool tables. edit
Second State Brewery
- Blackhawk Hotel, 115 Main St., ☎ +1 319 277-1161 (toll free: +1 800 488-HAWK, [email protected], fax: +1 319 277-1461), . Listed on the National Register of Historic Places. edit
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cedar Falls, IA, 2910 S. Main St., ☎ +1 319 268-1800, . edit
Area code is 319.
Most buildings on UNI's campus offer wi-fi. One of the most popular places is Maucker Union, which has lots of food and drink vendors.
- Starbucks Coffee Company, 6421 University Ave. Free wi-fi for paying customers. edit
|Routes through Cedar Falls