|| This article or section does not match our manual of style or needs other editing. Please plunge forward, give it your attention and help it improve! Suggested fixes: None specified. Please use the article's talk page to ask questions if you are not sure why this tag was added and whether it is safe to remove it.
County Cavan  is in Northwest Ireland and Lakelands.
Urban areas in County Cavan include the county town Cavan:
- Bailieborough, Ballinagh, Ballyconnell, Ballyhaise, Ballyjamesduff, Bawnboy, Belturbet, Blacklion, Butlersbridge
- Dowra, Glangevlin
- Kingscourt, Killeshandra, Kilnaleck
- Mountnugent, Mullagh
- Stradone, Shercock
- Virginia Gateway to the Ireland's Lakeland Region, an atractive small town founded in 1612, situated on the N3 beside Lough Ramor. Several hotels, B&B's, pubs, restaurants and a golf course. Ideal location for weekend breaks with good angling, boating, wildlife and forest walks close by.
- Car: From Dublin, the N3 will get you to Cavan town in about 1.45h.
- Bus: From Dublin, Belfast, Donegal, Monaghan, Athlone, Longford, Dundalk and Enniskillen.
You may wish to bring or rent a car to get around County Cavan.
Bus services in County Cavan have improved considerably in recent years.
There is an hourly bus service from Cavan town to Dublin. This also serves Virginia as well as numerous wayside stops. There is an express coach every two hours from Cavan Town to Dublin Airport. Leydons Coaches provide a number of services daily between Cavan Town and West County Cavan - Ballyconnell, Bawnboy and Swanlinbar. Sillan serve the east of the county linking Cootehill, Shercock and Kingscourt to Navan and Dublin.
Bus Eireann operate a number of rural routes serving locations such as Ballinagh, Tullyvin, Cootehill, Ballyjamesduff and Mountnugent several times a day.
Whartons Travel operate a route from Cavan town to Longford railway station via Crossdoney and Arva.
The nearest railway station is at Edgeworthstown in County Longford around a 45 minute drive from Cavan town.
County sports partnership  offers bikes to hire, two tandem bicycles, one hand-cycle and one universal hand-cycle wheelchair attachment.
Go see the County museum in Ballyjamesduff and the Cavan Crystal showrooms in Cavan.
Visit dun a ri forest park in kingscourt.
- Virginia Pumpkin Festival . October Bank Holiday weekend
- Fishing and boating, on the Erne river. Go explore the Marble Arch Caves.
- Duggans Pub and Resturant/Olde Post Inn/At Cloverhill.
- Abbey Bar, Coleman rd Cavan Co. Cavan. Small local pub beside bus station. edit
- Park Hotel, Virginia, County Cavan (just outside the village of Virginia), ☎ +353 854 6100, . checkin: 15:00; checkout: 12:00. Traditional country house hotel. In a private 100 acres estate on Lough Ramor with fishing, golf course and formal gardens in grounds. Restaurant open to Wed-Sun. (53.836183,-7.087791) edit
- Hollow Stream Bed & Breakfast, Dublin Road, Kingscourt (from Kingscourt take R162 Dublin/Navan Road for 1 km arrive at Hollow Stream B&B on right.), ☎ +353 42 966 8346, . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 12 noon. All rooms have ensuite, TV and free WiFi. Complimentary tea & coffee. Free off road parking. Only 1 hr from Dublin. From €30 pps. (53.8938,-6.8031) edit
- Radisson Blu Hotel Farnham Estate, Farnham Estate, County Cavan, ☎ +353 4943 77 700, . On 1,300 acres and surrounded by 7 km of walking trails and fishing holes. edit
- Fortview House B&B,  Family run Guesthouse located in the beautiful countryside of Cavan.Fishing,Golf,Horseriding,walking, Geonology,Homecooking,Family walks.