Cattaraugus County is in the Southern Tier of New York state.
The Enchanted Mountains of Cattaraugus County is home to:
- Seneca Allegany Casino. edit
- Holiday Valley Resort (HoliMont/ Ellicottville). "The Aspen of the East" edit
- Griffis Sculpture Park. a 400 acre outdoor museum with over 250 sculptures that can be discovered along the trails that wind through the woods. The sculptures are meant to be enjoyed first hand and you can climb on and in them! edit
- Rock City Park. an exciting place where you can hike over, around, under and through gigantic rocks that are as large as 8 story buildings. This is the world's largest outcropping of conglomerate rocks. edit
- Sprague's Maple Farms, Portville. modern facilities open year round to enjoy maple syrup in the restaurant, shop in the gift shop or hike to the old fashioned maple sugar shanty along the trails out back of the facility. edit
- Cutco Ka-Bar Visitors Center, Olean. edit
The cliffs at Zoar Valley Gorge can be quite treacherous. Know your limits and be aware of your surroundings. Also, inform others where you're going, and when you expect to return. People have been killed by falling off the cliffs, and rescues can be challenging.