Castelmola is a village in Sicily, nearby Taormina. This is one among the most beautiful villages in Italy nicely situated on the high hill behind Taormina.
The origin of the name of Castelmola is easily understandable.
The most convenient way is to reach Taormina by bus and then check the local buses connection or take a taxi.
With a single glance you can you can catch the Ionian coast and the strait of Messina, the mount Etna and the Bay of Giardini-Naxos. All places of Castelmola are reachable on foot. The village itself is a set of narrow alleys, bars and restaurants and ancient buildings.
- Mola Castle (Castello di Mola), SP10, 98030 Castelmola. It is situated on the very highest part of the village on a rocky outcrop. Of the whole fortress remained only norman walls.
- Church of S. Biagio (Chiesa di S. Biagio), 98030 Castelmola. It is believed that this perhaps the oldest in the village.
- Sant Antonio square (Piazza Saint Antonio), 98030 Castelmola. Very decorative accent to the village.
- Paragliding. Flight in tandem from mount Veneretta, right above Castelmola and Taormina. edit
- Sentiero dei Saraceni Castelmolo – Taormina – Catania. The path leads through gardens and meadows, with a beautiful view of Mount Etna and the hinterland of Taormina. The path is mostly paved. edit
Taste in Castelmola some almonds with sugar (mandorle agghiazzati), figs mostarda and prickly pears.
- La Taverna Dell'Etna, Via Alcide de Gasperi, 39, 98030 Castelmola, ☎ +39 094 228 868, . Restaurant edit
- PierdeCat Sicilian Bistrò di Saglimbene Piero, Via Sottotenente Leto, 12, 98030 Castelmola, ☎ +39 347 082 9501. Restaurant edit
- Quattro Stagioni, Contrada Pandolfo, 98030 Castelmola, ☎ +39 094 228 197. Restaurant edit
- Zaccone Riccardo, Via Alcide de Gasperi, 34, 98030 Castelmola, ☎ +39 094 263 2045. Pizza Restaurant edit
- Antico Caffè San Giorgio, Piazza S. Antonio Abate, 98030 Castelmola, ☎ +39 094 228 228, . Visitors to the village can taste a glass of famous almond wine. edit
- Turrisi, Piazza Duomo, 98030 Castelmola (any taxi driver in Taormina knows about Bar Turrisi), ☎ +39 094 228 181 ([email protected]), . This bar has an interesting theme: Penises. It is a penis-themed bar. Certainly a must see, not just for the novelty, but Castelmola is also a beautiful town just out of Taormina. The bar is also spectacular. Not for a family with immature children or parents with bad senses of humor. edit
- Casa Bellavista, Via Tutti I Santi, 43, 98030 Castelmola, ☎ +39 338 455 6326. B&B edit
- Panorama di Sicilia, Via Alcide de Gasperi, 44, 98030 Castelmola, ☎ +39 094 228 027, . Hotel edit
- Villa Regina, Via San Giorgio, 12, 98030 Castelmola (Take the road up from Taormina to the top), ☎ +39 094 223 980, . checkin: 15:00; checkout: 12:00. The moderately priced Villa Regina has friendly management and is well-situated. It has a cafe attached that looks down onto Taormina and many of the rooms have nice views as well. Rooms and bathrooms are clean and up to date, and the food at the cafe is very good. edit
- Villa Sonia, Via Porta Mola, 9, 98030 Castelmola, ☎ +39 094 228 082, . Hotel edit
- Villa Suella, Contrada Scimandra 21, 98030 Castelmola, ☎ +39 094 228 202. edit