, or "Port Canaveral", is a city in Brevard County
, most famous as the home of America's launch pad, Kennedy Space Center. Population was measured at 10,049 at a 2014 census.
Cape Canaveral is part of a region known as the "Space Coast", since all of the manned United States spacecraft are launched from the Space Center on nearby Merritt Island.
The city of Cape Canaveral is located at the northern end of a barrier island on the Atlantic coast of Florida. It is due south of the geographical feature Cape Canaveral which is on Merritt Island.
Atlas rocket launches into space from Cape Canaveral (May 2004)
Melbourne International Airport (IATA: MLB) , just 27 miles south, is the closest airport to Cape Canaveral. It is served by Delta Airlines  with six daily arrivals (note that Flight 5197 does not operate on Saturday, and Flight 5049 does not operate on Tuesday or Wednesday) from Atlanta, and US Airways  with 3 daily arrivals (2 on Saturdays) from Charlotte, N.C.
Orlando International Airport (IATA: MCO) , from which Florida State Route 528 goes straight to Cape Canaveral, is the largest airport serving the area. The drive takes a little less than 1 hour.
Daytona Beach International Airport (IATA: DAB)  is about an hour and 15 minutes north by way of Interstate 95.
The nearest Amtrak station is in Orlando, 50 miles west.
Cape Canaveral is at the eastern end of Florida State Route 528 from Orlando. Interstate 95, a primary north-south route on the Atlantic Coast, intersects FL-528 near Cape Canaveral.
- Space Coast Area Transit  is the Brevard County bus service. It is a cheap way to get around and is handicap accessible. The website provides maps and timetables. Buses travel to most sites and places of interest.
- Florida Sunshine Shuttle provides shuttle service from MCO to Port Canaveral and back. Rates vary depending on the both the passenger's destination and whether you book a private or a shared shuttle but was listed at $120 per person as of Jun 2018. 
Saturn V, KSC Visitor's Complex
- Cape Canaveral Lighthouse 
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, (Just to the west of Orsino on Florida State Road 405, between Range Road and East Avenue SW), ☎ +1 866 737-5235, . 9AM-6PM. This busy tourist attraction offers museums, movies, a rocket garden and bus tours of former shuttle preparation and launch facilities. This is an official Federal site - however, the visitor complex is run by contractors for a profit, so prices are comparable to private tourist attractions, not a typical national park. Basic admission (a 2 day pass) includes an excellent bus tour, the museums and the IMAX movies. Additional special tours or programs should be booked in advance since they sell out quickly. NOTE: this facility may *sometimes* be closed on launch days! Adult $50, 3-11 $40. edit
- Air Force Space and Missile Museum, (Tours leave from the AF Space and Missile History Center just outside the south gate of Cape Canaveral Air Force Station), ☎ +1 321 494-594 M-F 8AM-4PM ([email protected]), . W-Th 9AM (launch and operations schedule permitting). The three-hour tour includes stops at the Air Force Space and Missile Museum, the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse and several historic launch complexes. Reservations are required and seating is limited. Adults must be able to present one form of official ID, such as a driver’s license, military ID and/or passport, when checking in at the History Center. Bus and most facilities are NOT handicapped accessible. Note that these sites can be seen daily via a fee-based special KSC bus tour of Cape Canaveral. Free. edit
- Air Force Space and Missile History Center, (Just outside the south gate of Cape Canaveral Air Force Station), ☎ +1 321 853-9171 ([email protected]). Tu-F 9AM-2PM, Sa 9AM-5PM, Su Noon-4PM. The History Center is an extension of the Air Force Space and Missile Museum. It is located outside of the gates of the Air Force Station and does not require entry onto the station. Free. edit
- Go on a Cruise from Port Canaveral  - Evening and extended cruises offered. These are especially popular for their casino facilities which are not available on land.
- Sterling Casino Lines, 180 Jetty Drive, Ph: (800) 765-5711. Go out for night on the water on Sterling. Ages 18+.
- SunCruz Casino, 610 Glen Cheek Dr., 321-799-3511. Relax and gamble for a night on the water. Ages 18+.
- Victory Casino Cruises, 180 Christopher Columbus Dr, 321-684-5350. Daily day and night gambling cruises. Ages 18+
- A1A Beach Rentals, 6811 N Atlantic Ave, ☎ 321-505-7455, . Surfboard rental, paddleboard rental, kayak rental, bike rental, beach gear rental. Rentals are by the day, 2-day, and weekly, and the company delivers everything to you. Activities include kayak fishing, kayak manatee and wildlife viewing, surfing lessons, stand-up paddle boarding lessons, cruise shore excursions, surf fishing, flats fishing. edit
- Cocoa Beach Sportfishing Charters, 800 Scallop Dr, 1-321-848-2662. . Deep Sea Fishing Charters leaving from Cocoa Beach and Port Canaveral. Catch Dolphin, Wahoo, Sailfish, Grouper and many others. Children Welcome.
- Cocoa Beach Helicopter Tours, 673 Dave Nisbet Dr, 321-392-4125. Flights daily, short and long tours available, fly over the cruise-ship ports and more.
- Zero Gravity Corporation, ☎ 1-800-937-6480, . Parabolic flights on a modified 727, offering brief periods of weightlessness. $3675. edit
- Fin & Fly Fishing Charters (Fin and Fly Fishing), 951 Bali Rd, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931, ☎ 321-652-5903, . 24 hours. Deep sea, shark, and inshore full service guided fishing charters. World-class fishing for mahi mahi, sharks, wahoo, kingfish and more. Varies. edit
Kennedy Space Center's Gift shop is a treasure trove of astronaut autographs.
- Fin Freak Offshore Charters, 505 Glen Cheek Dr Cape Canaveral, ☎ 321-631-3474, . Cape Canaveral fishing charters edit
On the west side of I-95 from Exit 183 (SR-518/Eau Gallie Blvd), check out:
- Renninger's Super Flea and Farmer's Market, 4835 West Eau Gallie Blvd, 321-242-9124. Open Friday-Sunday, includes nearly two and a half miles (over 800 booths) of covered shopping, food courts, a beer garden, and special monthly attractions. Pretty much everything including fresh produce, spices, arts and crafts, plants, appliances, electronics, furniture, cell phones and, best of all, Florida souvenirs. Many various animals also on display and, if you like to haggle, many of the asking prices can be negotiable, especially if you have actual cash on-hand. A must-do for all residents and visitors at least once.
- Baja Chowder & Seafood, 626 Glen Cheek Dr, 321-799-1616. Seafood and other fare, casual waterfront dining. Features outdoor seating and live entertainment.
- Causeway Diner, 3700 N Courtenay Pkwy, ☎ 321 454 9898. diner serving breakfast, lunch and dinner all day long</drink> *<eat name="Fishlips" alt="" address="610 Glen Cheek Drive" directions="At Port Canaveral" phone="321-784-4533" url="http://www.fishlipswaterfront.com/" hours="" price="" lat="" long="">Unique food and drinks, live entertainment, great nightlife. edit
- Grill's Seafood Deck &Tiki Bar, 505 Glen Cheek Dr, ☎ 321-868-2226, . Fresh seafood and great atmosphere. edit
- Rusty's Seafood, 628 Glen Cheek Dr, ☎ (321) 783-2033, . Great surf and turf, in a relaxing setting on the water, with live entertainment, and seating both inside and outside over the water. edit
- Seafood Atlantic, 520 Glen Cheek Dr, 321-784-1963. Seafood and other fare, casual waterfront dining. Features outdoor seating and live entertainment.
- Dottys Bar, 116 Jackson Ave, 321-784-1002. Small Philadelphia Eagles-themed pub with pool tables, big screen TVs. Claims to be "The Coldest Beer On the Beach".
- Florida Beer Company, 200 Imperial Blvd, 321-432-7392. 28 different styles of local Florida ales, lagers and ciders. Tasting room provided, and private tours of the plant are available by special arrangement. Features many large-screen TVs, outdoor seating and occasional live entertainment.
- Hogan's Irish Bar, 6600 N Atlantic Ave, 321-613-3854. Irish-themed bar with many foreign beers, features outdoor seating and live entertainment.
- Just Slide Inn, 7000 N Atlantic Ave, 321-613-0800. Small pub with pool tables, darts, big screen TVs, live entertainment. Smoking allowed.
- Lamp Post Lounge (Kennedy's Lamp Post Tavern), 7822 N Atlantic Ave, 321-783-1024. Features pool tables, darts, big screen TVs, live entertainment. Smoking allowed.
- Preacher Bar, 8699 Astronaut Blvd, 321-613-4629. Craft beers, wines and unique appetizers and menu options.
- Country Inn & Suites, 9009 Astronaut Blvd, ☎ +1-321-784-8500, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 12PM. Closest hotel to Port Canaveral, with packages that include shuttle service to Port Canaveral. Complimentary hot breakfast. edit
- Residence Inn, 8959 Astronaut Blvd, ☎ +1 321-323-1100 (toll free: +1 800-331-3131, fax: +1 321-323-1029), . edit
- Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort, 1000 Shorewood Dr, ☎ +1 321-784-4922 (toll free: +1 888-933-3030), . edit
|Routes through Cape Canaveral
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!