Campbeltown (Scottish Gaelic: Ceann Loch Chille Chiarain) is located on the southern portion of the Kintyre Peninsula in Argyll and Bute, Scotland.
Campbeltown is served by the 926 Citylink bus from Glasgow up to 6 times per day. Note that this bus calls at every settlement along the way which results in a long journey time. The bus also calls at various places allowing passengers to transfer onto ferries run by Caledonian MacBrayne (see below). Buses can get very busy during peak season - you may see two buses running in convoy!
There is a twice daily service (not weekends) to and from Glasgow International Airport run by Loganair , who have a codeshare with British Airways. Flight time is approximately 10-30 minutes depending on wind.
- Kintyre Express  operate a regular passenger & bicycle only ferry service to and from Ballycastle, Northern Ireland, between April and September. The ferry costs around £30 each way or £55 for a return.
- Caledonian MacBrayne,  runs the following car ferries, many of which allow access to the various islands around the Kintyre peninsula.
- Ardrossan to Campbeltown - operates three times a week between the beginning of May and the end of September.
- Tarbert to Portavadie every hour or so (daytime) daily. Together with the Gourock to Dunoon service, this provides a shorter route from Glasgow or makes part of various circular routes.
- Kennacraig to Islay twice a day. Kennacraig is 6 miles south of Tarbert.
- Claonaig to Lochranza every 1 1/4 hours daily in summer only. Claonaig is 4.5 miles south of Kennacraig.
Tarbert and Kennacraig are served by the Citylink bus service to Campbeltown (see above). Claonaig is served 3 times per day Mon-Sat by the West Coast Motors 448 bus service from Tarbert.
A variety of local bus services operate in and around Campbeltown, all operated by West Coast Motors . There is a town service (number 100 or 440) that runs every half hour Monday-Saturday daytime.
- See whisky being made at the Springbank Distillery at 85 Longrow, Campbeltown, PA28 6EX . Book on +44 1586 551710.
- Mull of Kintyre Seatours, ☎ 07785 542811, . Fast boat trips around Kintyre and to Arran, the Firth of Clyde, Islay and Northern Ireland. Also run regular wildlife-watching trips to Sanda Island, Ailsa Craig and the Mull of Kintyre. edit
- Paddle Steamer Waverley, tel: 0845 130 4647 Sails from Campbeltown May 3 2013 Cruise to Oban fares from £25 July 21 2013 Cruise Sanda Isles & towards Mull of Kintyre fares from £19
- Drink the locally distilled whisky from Springbank, Glengyle, or Glen Scotia. Then sing the song "Campbeltown Loch, I wish you were whisky".