Cambria (population 6000) is in San Luis Obispo County in the Central Coast region of California.
San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport is the closest commercial airport. Flights to Los Angeles, San Francisco and Phoenix are available. 
Paso Robles Airport to the east is a good choice for general aviation. 
From Memorial Day to Labor Day, the free Cambria Trolley makes a loop around Cambria every 1/2 hour from 10am to 4pm on Thursdays through Sundays. 
Year-round, a Regional Transit Authority route goes from Morro Bay to Hearst Castle, stopping in Cayucos and Cambria. 
- Nitt Witt Ridge, 881 Hillcrest Drive, ☎ +1 805 927-2690. Call to arrange tour. A house built of rocks, abalone shells, wood, beer cans, tile, car parts and other assorted junk. It is a California Historic Landmark as an example of California folk art. A poor's man Hearst Castle. $10. edit
- Walk along the board walk that follows the top of the cliffs along Moonstone Beach Drive. It's an easy walk and the views are breathtaking.
- Walk in San Simeon State Park, north of Cambria on the way to San Simeon.
There are many charming shops along Main St. in East and West Village.
- Robin's restaurant feels like dining in a snuggly bird's nest (hence the name). The food is diverse and delicious, though not inexpensive. For a cheaper, quicker bite, try the Robin's take-out counter.
- Las Cambritas is good Mexican Food.
- Sea Chest, 6216 Moonstone Beach Dr, ☎ 805-927-4514. Opens 5:30PM. This restaurant has great food and is very popular. The line begins forming about 5PM and can by opening time at 5:30PM already have a full seating of people. It serves wonderful fish and looks out on the water. Cash only. edit
- Creekside Inn, 2618 Main St., ☎ (805) 927-4021, . checkin: 3:00pm; checkout: 11:00am. Located a short walk to the downtown Cambria's Main Street. Quiet rooms with Balconies, rooms offer Creekside View edit
- Cambria Vacation Rental, 4849 Windsor Blvd., ☎ (805) 927-8200, . checkin: 2:30; checkout: 10:30. With private beach access and great ocean views, this two-floor, 3BR home is the perfect escape and 20 minutes from Hearst Castle. $450-550. edit
- Cambria Hotel Collection, Cambria, CA 93428, ☎ 1-800-720-0223, . The Cambria Collection by Pacifica Hotels encompasses an unparalleled array of one-of-a-kind Moonstone Beach hotel accommodations. From a quiet, wooded spa retreat to a front row view to the Pacific to sweeping hillside acres for you and the family to explore, there’s simply no better selection of hotels in Cambria, California. Find the perfect place to stay and play on the California coast, whether you're traveling with the little ones, the girls, or the love of your life. edit
- Cambria Landing Inn & Suites, 6530 Moonstone Beach Drive, ☎ 1-800-549-6789, . Perfect for romantic getaways to the Central Coast, Cambria Landing Inn & Suites places guests just steps from the breathtaking shores of Moonstone Beach - recently voted one of the “Top Ten Beaches in California” by USA TODAY. With the beauty of the Pacific to the west and rolling green hills to the east, this intimate hotel in Cambria features 27 guest rooms & suites, including a prominent collection of Ocean View Jacuzzi Suites. edit
- El Colibri Hotel & Spa, 5620 Moonstone Beach Drive Cambria, CA 93428, ☎ (805) 924-3003, . Nestled between California's coastline and the Big Sur Mountains, you'll find our Tuscan-inspired hotel in Cambria, CA - El Colibri Hotel & Spa. edit
- Fireside Inn of Moonstone Beach, 6700 Moonstone Beach Drive, Cambria, CA 93428, ☎ (888) 910-7100, . Nestled just off Highway 1 in Cambria, this beachfront hotel features 46 comfortable guest rooms with in-room gas fireplaces - as well as generous Moonstone Beach hotel amenities, like complimentary Wi-Fi, bath robes, flat-screen TVs, and in select rooms - jetted tubs and private terraces. edit
- Fogcatcher Inn, 6400 Moonstone Beach Drive, ☎ 805-927-1400, . FogCatcher Inn is an oceanfront gem located across the street from beautiful Moonstone Beach. Recently renovated. edit
- Oceanpoint Ranch, 7200 Moonstone Beach Dr. Cambria, CA 93428, ☎ 805-927-4648, . Stretching across 9 seaside acres, re-imagined, ranch-chic hotel rooms are now complete and awaiting your arrival. edit
- Pelican Inn & Suites, 6316 Moonstone Beach Drive, ☎ 805-927-1500, . Just off scenic Highway 1 in the picturesque coastal town of Cambria, Pelican Inn & Suites invites guests to unwind in bright, oceanfront accommodations with complimentary Wi-Fi, pampering robes, upscale bath amenities, and complimentary breakfast every morning - now offering mimosas! Located just across the street from the sparkling shores of Moonstone Beach. Explore an assortment of nearby attractions, such as the iconic Hearst Castle, the Piedras Blancas Elephant Seal Rookery, and various Paso Robles wineries near Cambria. edit
- Hearst Castle is ten miles north of Cambria. (See San Simeon article for more information.)