Bytom (Bee-tom) is a city in Silesian Voivodeship.
Katowice airport's located only 20 km from the city. It offers different connections:
- LOT Polish Airlines: Warsaw-Chopin
- Lufthansa: Frankfurt, Munich
- Ryanair: Athens, Milan-Bergamo, Birmingham, Bologna, Brindisi, Catania, Cologna/Bonn, Cork, Dortmund, Dublin, Edinburgh, Goteborg, Kyiv-Boryspil, London-Stansted, Manchester, Odessa, Oslo-Sanderfjord, Paphos
- Transavia: Amsterdam
- Wizz Air: Alesund, Barcelona, Bergen, Bristol, Catania, Cologne/Bonn, Doncaster/Sheffield, Dortmund, Dubai Al-Maktoum, Eindhoven, Kharkiv, Kyiv-Zhuliany, Kutaisi, Larnaca, Liverpool, London-Luton, Lviv, Malmo, Malta, Milan- Bergamo, Sanderfjord, Reykjavik- Keflavik, Rome- Ciampino, Stavanger, Stockholm-Skavista, Tel Aviv- Ben Gurion, Tenerife-South,
seasonal: Alghero, Athens, Bari, Bologna, Burgas, Castlellón, Fuerteventura, Glasgow, Lisbon, Malaga, Naples, Podgorica, Porto, Santander, Split
Carriers as Sindbad or Interbus offer direct connections with many Austrian, Belgian, Dutch, French, Luxembourg, Danish, Italian, Swiss and German cities. There're also place to place buses from Vienna, Ostrava, Prague or Brno stopping in Bytom, you can check their timetables on E-Podroznik site. There's also a bus connection with Kraków.
Bytom has good connection with other Silesian Voivodeship's cities and bigger Polish cities as Warsaw or Poznań.
Bytom's located on A1 motorway.
- City center. Market place with middle-age Assumption church
- Segiet. A beautiful forest area.
- Blachówka. An old stone-pit
- Adam Mickiewicz Park. A lovely park ideal for relax.
- Amendy Park. Nice park with a pond.
- Żabie Doły Nature Reserve. A swamp protected area.
- Arki Bożka Settlement. A block of flats settlement with lovely pond.
- Lutheran church. Church located in Miechowice district. It's connected with a philanthropist Mother Eva Thiele-Winckler. The church has a beautiful interior.
- Sacred Heart Church (Polish: Kościół Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa). Modernist church with nice interior.
- Holy Spirit church (Polish: Kościół Świętego Ducha). Tiny church from 1721 in the city center.
- Saint Margaret church. 19 centiry church located on Małgorzatka Hill.
- Wooden Lutheran church. Wooden church located in Bobrek district. There's a small exhibition inside.
- Corpus Christi Church( Polish: Kościół Bożego Ciała). Neobaroque church from beginning of 20 century in Miechowice district.
- Saint Jack church (Polish: kościół św.Jacka). Beautiful neoromanesque church in Rozbark district.
- Saint Barbara church (Chełmońskiego 18). Neoromanesque church from 20s.
- Holy Cross church (Polish: Kościół św.Krzyża). Neogothic church in Miechowice district. There're graves of Miechowice owners' families members: Domes, Aresin and Winckler.
- Saint John Nepomucen church (Św.Cyryla i Metodego street). Church from 1895-96.
- Holy Trinity church (Kwietniewskiego). Neogothic church from 1883-86. with beautiful interior.
- Holy Cross Elevation church (Ligonia 2). Modernist church with beautiful stain glasses.
- Sacred Family church (Konstytucji). Church from 1900-05.
- Saint Stanislaus church (Szymały 120). Contemporary church with an interesting interior and Byzantine like decorations. Church's located in a hill with nice view.
- Saint Anne church (Chorzowska 21). Contemporary church with beautiful,colorful stain glasses.
- Saint Joseph church (Strzelców Bytomskich 187). Contemporary wooden church
- Saint Michael the Archangel church (Jaskółki 1) Contemporary church with beautiful interior
- Villas on Wrocławska 6 street. Two villas belonged to Adolf Ritter and Dr Wilhelm Danielsen. Villas are joined by underground passage. It's worth to mention that Ritter was a Freemason.
- Finnish Houses. Scandinavian-like houses located in Miechowice district. They're located on Leszczynowa, Francuska, Wieniawskiego and Dębowa streets.
- First World War Graves (Powstańców Śląskich street). There're graves of I st world war soldiers, mostly of Russian, Romanian, Serbian and Polish origin.
- Bolko Loft. First Polish loft apartments.
- Steelworks Bobrek. (Konstytucji) Building from 1900-07
- Miechowicki Park. Beautiful English-style park in Miechowice district.
- Gryca hill. Beautiful hill with neaogothic chapel.
- Chapel in Szombierki (Zabrzańska). Tiny church-like chapel from 19 century.
- Jewish Cemetery (Piekarska ). An old cemetery from 1866 with many well-preserved graves.
- Mater Dolorosa Cemetery (Piekarska street- next to Jewish cemetery). An old cemetery with many beautiful graves.
- Zgorzelec Workers' Colony. Workers colony on Fabryczna street.
- Brandka. A pond near A1 motorway, place's popular among fishers.
- Kachla park. Great park with lakes, skatepark and two ponds.
- Miechowicka Ostoja Leśna. Forest area in Miechowice district.
- Grota Park. beautiful park with two ponds
- Suchogórski Labirynt Skalny. A beautiful walking area.
- Railway Station. Main railway station built in modernist style. The interior's modest and a bit industrial.
Agora Bytom is a big shopping center in Bytom. There're both Polish and International brands. There're also cinema, gym, bowling and food court
- hotel Lantier, Krzyżowa 24. edit Hotel located 2 km from city center, restaurant, free car park, air conditioned rooms with free WiFi, restaurant
- Aparthotel Centrum Gliwicka 18, Gliwicka 18. edit Aparthotel in the city center, free WiFi, barbecue facilities, bike rental
- Apart-Lux, Józefczaka 5. edit Air conditioned apartments in the city center, free WiFi
- Apartamenty Katowice, Krzyżowa 22. edit Apartments located 2 km from city center. free WiFi
- Boutique hotel's, Konstytucji 91. edit Hotel located 3 km from the city center, free Wifi, terrace
- Apartamenty Energo, Ludowa 3. edit Air conditioned apartments located 2 km from the city center, free WiFi and car park.
- Rooms Bytom, Batorego 3/5. edit Guest rooms in the city center, garden, terrace, free WiFi
- Seven hotel, Musialika 7. edit Hotel in the city center, free WiFi, terrace
- Apartamenty Rest Studio, Małachowskiego 9/33. edit Air conditioned apartments 3 km from the city center with free WiFi
- Bristol Economy, Dworcowa 16. edit An accommodation object in the city center, free WiFi
- hotel Prime, Strzelców Bytomskich 87. edit Hotel near A1 motorway, free WiFi, spa, fitness center
- Bristol Residence, Dworcowa 16. edit hotel in the city center, rooms with Free WiFi and Smart TV
- Stara Piekarnia, Reptowska 4. edit An apartment house located 5 km from the city center, free WiFi, bike and car rental, bar and restaurant
- Apartamenty Pod Lasem, Leśna 7a. edit Apartments located 3,6 km from the city center, free WiFi, barbecue and bonfire place
- Twój hostel Mpark, Strzelców Bytomskich 87 A. edit Hostel near A1 motorway, bonfire and barbecue place