Bytom (Bee-tom) is a city in Silesian Voivodeship.
Katowice airport's located only 20 km from the city. It offers different connections:
- LOT Polish Airlines: Warsaw-Chopin
seasonal: Burgas, Chania, Dubrovnik, Heraklion, Kos, Palma de Mallorca, Rhodes, Split, Thessaloniki, Tirana, Zakynthos,
- Lufthansa: Frankfurt, Munich
- Ryanair: Athens, Milan-Bergamo, Birmingham, Bologna, Brindisi, Catania, Cologna/Bonn, Cork, Dortmund, Dublin, Edinburgh, Kherson, Kyiv-Boryspil, London-Stansted, Manchester, Odessa, Oslo-Sanderfjord, Paphos
seasonal: Alghero, Burgas
- Wizz Air: Abu Dhabi, Alesund, Athens, Barcelona, Bergen, Bristol, Catania, Cologne/Bonn, Doncaster/Sheffield, Dortmund, Eindhoven, Fuerteventura, Kharkiv, Kyiv-Zhuliany, Kutaisi, Larnaca, Liverpool, London-Luton, Lviv, Malmo, Malta, Milan- Bergamo, Sanderfjord, Reykjavik- Keflavik, Rome- Ciampino, Stavanger, Stockholm-Skavista, Tel Aviv- Ben Gurion, Tenerife-South, Odessa
seasonal: Alghero, Burgas, Castlellón, Malaga, Mykonos, Podgorica, Santander, Split, Palma de Mallorca
Carriers as Sindbad or Interbus offer direct connections with many Austrian, Belgian, Dutch, French, Luxembourg, Danish, Italian, Swiss and German cities. There're also place to place buses from Vienna, Ostrava, Prague or Brno stopping in Bytom, you can check their timetables on E-Podroznik site. There's also a bus connection with Kraków.
Bytom has good connection with other Silesian Voivodeship's cities and bigger Polish cities as Warsaw or Poznań.
Bytom's located on A1 motorway.
- City center. Market place with middle-age Assumption church
- Segiet. A beautiful forest area.
- Blachówka. An old stone-pit
- Adam Mickiewicz Park. A lovely park ideal for relax.
- Amendy Park. Nice park with a pond.
- Żabie Doły Nature Reserve. A swamp protected area.
- Arki Bożka Settlement. A block of flats settlement with lovely pond.
Churches and cemeteries
- Lutheran church. Church located in Miechowice district. It's connected with a philanthropist Mother Eva Thiele-Winckler. The church has a beautiful interior.
- Sacred Heart Church (Polish: Kościół Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa). Modernist church with nice interior.
- Holy Spirit church (Polish: Kościół Świętego Ducha). Tiny church from 1721 in the city center.
- Saint Margaret church. 19 centiry church located on Małgorzatka Hill.
- Małgorzatka hill. Hill with a church and remains of middle-age settlement.
- Wooden Lutheran church. Wooden church located in Bobrek district. There's a small exhibition inside.
- Corpus Christi Church( Polish: Kościół Bożego Ciała). Neobaroque church from beginning of 20 century in Miechowice district.
- Saint Jack church (Polish: kościół św.Jacka). Beautiful neoromanesque church in Rozbark district.
- Saint Barbara church (Chełmońskiego 18). Neoromanesque church from 20s.
- Holy Cross church (Polish: Kościół św.Krzyża). Neogothic church in Miechowice district. There're graves of Miechowice owners' families members: Domes, Aresin and Winckler.
- Saint John Nepomucen church (Św.Cyryla i Metodego street). Church from 1895-96.
- Holy Trinity church (Kwietniewskiego). Neogothic church from 1883-86. with beautiful interior.
- Holy Cross Elevation church (Ligonia 2). Modernist church with beautiful stain glasses.
- Sacred Family church (Konstytucji). Church from 1900-05.
- Saint Stanislaus church (Szymały 120). Contemporary church with an interesting interior and Byzantine like decorations. Church's located in a hill with nice view.
- Saint Anne church (Chorzowska 21). Contemporary church with beautiful,colorful stain glasses.
- Saint Joseph church (Strzelców Bytomskich 187). Contemporary wooden church
- Saint Michael the Archangel church (Jaskółki 1) Contemporary church with beautiful interior
- First World War Graves (Powstańców Śląskich street). There're graves of I st world war soldiers, mostly of Russian, Romanian, Serbian and Polish origin.
- Jewish Cemetery (Piekarska ). An old cemetery from 1866 with many well-preserved graves.
- Chapel in Szombierki (Zabrzańska). Tiny church-like chapel from 19 century.
- Mater Dolorosa Cemetery (Piekarska street- next to Jewish cemetery). An old cemetery with many beautiful graves.
Off the beaten paths places
- Villas on Wrocławska 6 street. Two villas belonged to Adolf Ritter and Dr Wilhelm Danielsen. Villas are joined by underground passage. It's worth to mention that Ritter was a Freemason.
- Finnish Houses. Scandinavian-like houses located in Miechowice district. They're located on Leszczynowa, Francuska, Wieniawskiego and Dębowa streets.
- Railway Station. Main railway station built in modernist style. The interior's modest and a bit industrial.
- Zgorzelec Workers' Colony. Group of houes located between Szombierki and Łagiewniki district.
- Bytom Venice. Factory ruins flooded by water are located on Celna 9 street. It gained its name after resembling Venice.
- Bolko Loft. First Polish loft apartments.
- Steelworks Bobrek. (Konstytucji) Building from 1900-07
- Zgorzelec Workers' Colony. Workers colony on Fabryczna street.
- Boża Męka Cross (God's Suffering). The cross is located in Łagiewniki district, between Ostatnia and Konstantego Wolnego street, built in 1902.
- Miechowicki Park. Beautiful English-style park in Miechowice district.
- Gryca hill. Beautiful hill with neaogothic chapel.
- Brandka. A pond near A1 motorway, place's popular among fishers.
- Kachla park. Great park with lakes, skatepark and two ponds.
- Miechowicka Ostoja Leśna. Forest area in Miechowice district.
- Grota Park. beautiful park with two ponds
- Suchogórski Labirynt Skalny. A beautiful walking area.
- Jadwiga pond. Pond located in Szombierki district, it's surrounded by piles (hałdy). There're also football stadiums, bike and running paths.
- Staw na Lipince. Pond located near Jadwiga one, there're also paths located near nearby Bytomka stream.
- Dolomity Sportowa Dolina is an artificial ski slope.
- Silesian opera
- Rozbark Dance Theatre 
- Upper Silesian Museum (Jan III Sobieski square 2)
- City Library and Culture Centerorganize meetings with famous people, local artists and other events. There's an arthouse cinema in Bytom Culture House.
- Contemporary Art Gallery Kronika hosts many interesting exhibitions.
- There's an open air swimming pool opened in summer time.
- There're lots of weekend houses in Bytom, mostly located in peaceful and nature areas.
Agora Bytom is a big shopping center in Bytom. There're both Polish and International brands. There're also cinema, gym, bowling and food court
- hotel Lantier, Krzyżowa 24. edit Hotel located 2 km from city center, restaurant, free car park, air conditioned rooms with free WiFi, restaurant
- Aparthotel Centrum Gliwicka 18, Gliwicka 18. edit Aparthotel in the city center, free WiFi, barbecue facilities, bike rental
- Apart-Lux, Józefczaka 5. edit Air conditioned apartments in the city center, free WiFi
- Apartamenty Katowice, Krzyżowa 22. edit Apartments located 2 km from city center. free WiFi
- Boutique hotel's, Konstytucji 91. edit Hotel located 3 km from the city center, free Wifi, terrace
- Apartamenty Energo, Ludowa 3. edit Air conditioned apartments located 2 km from the city center, free WiFi and car park.
- Rooms Bytom, Batorego 3/5. edit Guest rooms in the city center, garden, terrace, free WiFi
- Seven hotel, Musialika 7. edit Hotel in the city center, free WiFi, terrace
- Apartamenty Rest Studio, Małachowskiego 9/33. edit Air conditioned apartments 3 km from the city center with free WiFi
- Bristol Economy, Dworcowa 16. edit An accommodation object in the city center, free WiFi
- hotel Prime, Strzelców Bytomskich 87. edit Hotel near A1 motorway, free WiFi, spa, fitness center
- Bristol Residence, Dworcowa 16. edit hotel in the city center, rooms with Free WiFi and Smart TV
- Stara Piekarnia, Reptowska 4. edit An apartment house located 5 km from the city center, free WiFi, bike and car rental, bar and restaurant
- Apartamenty Pod Lasem, Leśna 7a. edit Apartments located 3,6 km from the city center, free WiFi, barbecue and bonfire place
- Twój hostel Mpark, Strzelców Bytomskich 87 A. edit Hostel near A1 motorway, bonfire and barbecue place
- Boutique hotel's, Konstytucji 91. edit Hotel located 3 km from city center, WiFi, terrace
- Świetlik, Strzelców Bytomskich 131 B. edit Guest rooms located 5 km from city center, free WiFi and car park, garden
- hotelik Judo, Łużycka 90. edit Small hotel in the center, near Kachla park, free WiFi, bar, restaurant
- H33 Apartamenty, Piłsudskiego 33. edit Apartments in city center, free WiFi,
- Active. edit Guest rooms in different locations: on Daleka and Wojciechowskiego streets, shared and private bathrooms
- Guest rooms, Stolarzowicka 40. edit Guest rooms near Brandka pond, WiFi
- U Sandry, Piekarska 13. editHostel in city center, shared bathrooms, WiFi
- Zajazd Tramp, Dolna 2. editObject with restaurant, Internet, private bathrooms, not far from Brandka pond.
- Workers Guest Rooms, Wojciechowskiego 2 B. editRooms mostly dedicated to workers, shared bathrooms, located not far from Grota Park
- Workers Rooms, Bończyka 5. editRooms mostly dedicated for workers, WiFi, not far from Brandka pond
You can sleep on your camper on Trójkąt or Brandka ponds. There's also a tent pitching possibility.