Buzau is a city in eastern Romania.
There are very frequent connections from Bucharest and Moldavia, including Inter Regio and Regio trains operated by National Railways (CFR ) and private operators.
There are hourly buses linking the town central bus station to Bucharest, rest of the country  and the majority of Europe countries , 
Buzau is situated 100km north from capital city Bucharest, being on the route of a European two lane road 85 from Lithuania to Greece.
- Piata Dacia is the main square. Here you can see "Palatul Comunal", a building that serves as the city hall.
- The Crang park is the largest park in Buzau. It is formed from the remains of the "Codrii Vlăsiei", an ancient forest that covered most of South East Romania. The park is large enough for a 1-2 hour walk.
Map of the Mud Volcanoes and surrounding
- The Mud Volcanoes (Vulcanii Noroiosi) represent a major local attraction. They are located about 30 km from the city by car. They are formed by natural gas escaping from the depths along with water and clay. The solidified mud creates an unique scenery.
- The different spots: There are four spots with mud volcanoes in the region, named after the villages nearby.
- Vulcanii noroiosi de la Paclele Mari. Its the big spot near Paclele. Near the busstop, from there a path lead you directly to the spot. Entrance 4 lei (March 2017). (45.3407276,26.7082609) edit
- Vulcanii noroiosi de la Paclele Mici. Small spot near the busstop, from there search your way to the north through thorny bushes. Or walk along the street, back to the crossing and than to the right. Maybe 4 lei. (45.3590526,26.712731) edit
- Vulcanii noroiosi Berca. It's near an old oilfield, north of Berca. (45.2968326,26.6947836) edit
- Vulcanii noroiosi Beciu. 5 km away form the busstop (to the north), near the village Beciu. (45.385309,26.716231) edit
- Campsite: Between the two spots of Paclele is a campsite.
- Get there by bus: Go to the Busterminal in the north of the city "Autogara de Nord". It's near two malls ("Galleria Buzau" and "Centrul Comercial Aurora"). The nearest bus-stop is called "XXL" or "Carrefour". Should be line 3 or 5 from the trainstation (ask the drivers). From there are busses to the Mud Volcanoes, at 10, 13:30 and 17:30. The ride takes around 1 hour. The driver drops you off between two fields of mud volcanoes, directly at a campsite. Busses back are leaving at 6, 12 and 15. Bus to Berca cost 5.50 LEI, to the volcanoes 9 LEI.
- Daytrip by bus: It is possible to go there with the fist bus at 10, watch the two Paclele-spots, and return with the bus at 15. Alternative you can camp there. Two other ideas: Take a earlier bus or train to Berca, hike to the Paclele-volcanoes and take then the bus back at 15. Or take the bus at 10 to the Paclele-volcanoes, and hike back to Berca. There is more public transport from/to Berca. The hike is around 10 km, and you can pass another spot with mud volcanoes.
- Hotel Bucegi, Bulevardul Gării 47. Directly at the trainstation, clean rooms, had no WIFI. Around 100 LEI for a doubleroom (March 2017).. (45.143693,26.825903) edit
- Hotel Corso, Str. Cuza Voda 43-45. Near the center. 130 for a doubleroom (March 2017).. (45.15452,26.82351) edit