Buenos Aires : Puerto Madero
Puerto Madero with Puente de la Mujer
In the early times, the red docks was the registered trademark of Puerto Madero, but now the new buildings in east side are changing its traditional image.
This sector have an strong development in apartment buildings, many of they in construction phase.
Many stores and shops are been open month by month, expanding the offer of services.
We must to add the auditorium and concert halls what promote a cultural circuit.
- Puente de la Mujer : A beautiful pedestrian suspension bridge.
- Skyline : Great views of the new skyline at night
- Restaurants and shops : Many shops and restaurants line this popular boardwalk as well
- Puerto Madero is a great place for a walk. All along the way there is a display of impressive cow art.
- Reserve Ecologica Castenera Sur is an expansive park and wildlife preserve popular with hikers, joggers, and bird watchers.
- Take a ferry to Uruguay and other destinations from the Buquebus ferry terminal at Darsena Norte
You will find the prices in Puerto Madero much higher than in the rest of the city—you're paying for location. Sometimes they are worth the price, sometimes not. Fixed price menus (three courses, called executive menu or "menu ejecutivo" in spanish) can be had with drink and coffee for 25 pesos (approx. €6.25); these restaurants have outside seating areas with excellent views of the dársenas, the Fragata Sarmiento and the old European-style warehouses.
- Cabaña Las Lilas, Av. Alicia Moreau de Justo 516, . Probably the best place to eat meat in the Puerto Madero neighborhood. It's a highly rated restaurant among travel guides and sites, although not a local's favorite. Don't miss the ojo de bife! edit
- Rodizio, Av. Alicia Moreau de Justo 838, ☎ 43343638, . edit
- Siga la Vaca, (All cab drivers seem to know where it is). A must-visit restaurant while in Puerto Madero. You eat for about 50 pesos on week days lunch and 80 on weekends, and get unlimited salad, pasta, meat, and bottled water. Also included in the price are one bottle of red wine and one dessert per person. Not very popular among locals. edit
- Restaurantino & Cafetino Olga Cossettini 791, Puerto Madero East; Tel. +54 515-0707. In this up scale Italian restaurant expect to find cloth napkins, fine silverware and snooty waiters in starched uniforms and long aprons. As alluring as these characteristics sound the real highlight is the food which is rich and decadent. Wide selection of main courses including fresh pasta in homemade sauces ($15-30AR), traditional chicken dishes including Chicken Marsala $20AR-$30AR), and a variety of meats including Argentine parilla style steaks ($35AR). The menu of seafood is worth considering with rareties such as fresh Yellow-fin Tuna steak in a pesto sauce ($30AR).
- Oasis Collections, ☎ +54 11 4777 3692 ([email protected]), . A portfolio of 180+ handpicked homes and apartments that include concierge service, full guest support and members club access. Recently awarded Top Villa Provider by Condé Nast Traveler. edit