Palermo is a district of Buenos Aires. Palermo covers a large swath of residential Buenos Aires, including Palermo Viejo, Palermo Alto, and Palermo Chico as well as Palermo Park. Palermo Viejo is a large area that can be further subdivided into Palermo Soho and Palermo Hollywood. Palermo Hollywood is home to the trendiest restaurants in Buenos Aires.
The Green Line of the Subte stops at Scalabrini Ortiz or Plaza Italia for Palermo Viejo and the parks. Get off at Palermo for Palermo Hollywood and Ministro Carranza for Palermo Alto.
Take any bus to Plaza Italia and you'll be in the heart of Palermo.
Palermo Hollywood boundaries
- Palermo Viejo - Old part of Palermo. Most of Palermo is filled with high apartment buildings, Palermo Viejo is the only part of the district which has low houses and a more "tranquilo" feel to it. It has also become extremely trendy with many bars, restaurants and designer boutiques.
- Plaza Serrano - Shopping and sighteeing area. Filled with crafstmen selling nice handmade clothes and objects. This area is also very popular due to its nightlife, as it is sorrounded by lots of trendy pubs, restaurants and fashion stores. 
- Palermo Hollywood - The neighbourhood gets its name from its economic activity: it is the cluster of the audio-visual production industry. Lots of high-end hotels, restaurants, nightclubs as well as art galleries. Great to have some brunch.
- Bosques de Palermo - Palermo is famous for its parks. Go take a nice stroll!
- Palermo chico - Expensive (very elite) area of Palermo where many diplomats and VIPs live.
- Libertador - Huge avenida
- Avenida Santa Fe/Alto Palermo - Shopping
- Jardin Botanico - Great place to go for a taste of Buenos Aires. The quintessential "cat" garden is also filled with many flowers and a 19th century glass house.
- Palermo Las Canitas - The most exclusive and beautiful side of Palermo, and even inside of this sub-neighborhood, there is "La Imprenta" a couple of city blocks, with axe in migueletes and maure streets. Las Canitas remarks: It's an area with lots of nice restaurants, parrillas (Argentinean beef), sushi, specialized/ ethnic restaurants (Thai, Mexican, Greek, lyrical, custom, international, Chinese, Italian, French, German, etc). Modern buildings, nice cars on the streets, upscale people, in general it's quiet especially during daylight. Close main avenues are Libertador Ave. and Luis Maria Campos. El solar de la abadia shopping mall has also cinema, food court and cloth as any shopping mall. Outdoors close to Las Canitas: Golf course, polo fields, race, Palermo lakes, bosques de palermo (crossing Libertador Ave).
- Behold the Floralis Generica, a giant mechanical sculpture of a metallic flower which closes when the lights of the day disappears.
- Go to the zoo!
- Evita Museum celebrates the life of Eva Peron. Have some drinks in the nice patio next to the museum 2988 Lafinur, Palermo
- Museo de Artes Plásticas Eduardo Sívori at Av. Infanta Isabel 555. The Museum of Fine Arts Eduardo Sivori was founded to cherish Argentine artistic production, gathering works that could lead the public to a direct knowledge of expressions of spirit.
- See an art film or art at MALBA Museo de Arte Latinoamericano de Buenos Aires Av Figueroa Alcorta 3415. If you are a true lover of modern art, this is a must-see.
- RosedalA beautiful rose garden featuring 14.000 roses and over 1.000 species.
- Teatro Ciego, at Zelaya 3006. Literally, "Blind Theater", it offers a unique experience: you can go and both enjoy a dinner and a theater performance in complete darkness. Recommended is the "A ciegas con Luz" show. More info at []
Books in Spanish from the book fairs in Palermo.
Arts and crafts, mate cups, jewelry and lots of leather goods (somewhat cheap) at many other fairs on Saturdays and Sundays throughout Palermo.
- Galería Mar Dulce, Uriarte 1490 (2 blocks from Plaza Cortázar (formerly Plaza Serrano)), ☎ 15 5319 3597, . tue-sat 3-8pm. Galeria Mar Dulce is the latest addition to the sizzling Buenos Aires' art scene. Housed on the ground floor of former town-house in the heart of the trendy Palermo Soho district, with light streaming in from large windows onto the street and a lovely little garden out back, it’s more like your trendy friend’s living room that a traditional white-cube gallery. Mar Dulce specializes in artworks by Argentine and Uruguayan artists (hence the name, a former term for the River Plate which runs between the two countries). Artists include some big names on the local art scene, such as Tulio de Sagastizábal, Santiago Porter, James Peck or the father and son Raoul and Ral Veroni. Nearly all artworks are small format however, so well within a traveling budget. The gallery changes exhibitions every 6 weeks or so and always presents 2 shows simultaneously: a solo exhibition and what they call their +COLLECTIVE, so there’s always plenty to browse. Up to date info in Spanish and English is available on the galeriamardulce.blogspot.com and also on facebook and twitter. The gallery is just a few blocks away from the new hub of Palermo art in Humboldt and Cabrera, and round the corner from the famous La Cabrera steakhouse, so present shopping and dinner plans made easy! free entry. edit
- Malambo, Thames 2098 (Thames and Guatemala), ☎ +5411 4778-0870, . Mon-Sat 1100-2100hrs. Malambo is a great wine shop with a small cheese and deli section. They also stock a range of sauces, conserves and other similar luxury products. The owner is knowledgeable and speaks excellent English. If you are staying nearby and need decent wine, this is a great place to shop; they are also good at recommending wine, cheese and meat combinations. Wine starts around 35ARS, with a lot of choice under 100ARS. Other shops (mostly small supermarkets) in the area offer cheaper wine selections with a lot in the 10-30ARS range, but these bottles are of a much lesser quality than what you will find here. Credit cards are accepted. Moderate. edit
Palermo is crawling with restaurants, cafés, and parrillas. Almost every intersection has a restaurant on at least one corner, and often three or four. Most cafés have outdoor seating and serve staples such as thinly cut steak sandwiches (lomitos), ham croissants (media luna) and malbec wine.
- La Catrina, (On Uriate between Costa Rica and Nicaragua). Fantastic and very cheap Mexican food. $12 for a burrito, $16 for a quesadilla. Beef, chicken & shrimp. edit
- Prȧna, El Salvador 5101 (in Palermo Soho at Uriarte), ☎ 4773-2538, . Vegetarian café and eatery attached to a yoga studio. If that makes you think "bland and preachy", think again. The sandwiches and salads are flavorful and fresh, the clientele is young and hip, and there's no sitar music on the PA. Grilled veggie burger and completa salad are very good. $10-25. edit
- La Dorita, Humboldt 1905 (at Costa Rica), . There are two sections of this restaurant, one on both sides of the street. An outstanding Parilla, excellent selection of beef and sausages. Wine is outstanding and cheap (20-70 pesos), and the service is great too. If you can stomach it after so much quality beef, the crepe desserts are outstanding. Worth every peso, not that you'll need to spend many for what you receive! edit
- Cumana, Rodriguez Peña 1283 (w/ Santa Fe), ☎ 4813-9207. Native Argentinean food, tamales, empanadas, different stews. They also have mate w/ toasts in the afternoon. It's usually crowded with young people. Prices are really cheap (tamales $6 , stews 6-8$, 1lt beer $8 ) $15. edit
- Cluny. A nice restaurant with French-Argentinean fusion cuisine. edit
- La Cabrera, (corner of Thames and Cabrera). Excellent Argentine steak house, great service, serves tapas style veggie platters along with your steak. edit
- Marini Buffet, Santa Fe at Scarabrini Ortiz. Some would say its one of the best buffets in the world and not to be missed. Steaks, Pork Ribs, Sushi, Pasta, Pizza, Pastries, Dessert, Cheese and Fruit. $12. edit
- Di Tommaso, Avenida Del Libertador 4884. Di Tommaso is an italian, family owned restaurant. The family is originally from Caserta, and has keeped the recipies from generation to generation. Try the pizzas, risottos or pastas, specially the lasagna. $90-$110. edit
- Cadereyta, Nicaragua 5802, ☎ 4775-9777. Excellent Mexican meat and fish dishes in a fun space. Small outside courtyard. Bar edit
- Le Restó, Montevideo 938, ☎ 4816-6711. Lunch daily and dinner on Thursday and Friday. Call to reserve, since it's really small (just 8 tables). There are 5 menus, vegetarian, white meat, fish and red meat (3 steps for $55 -75$) edit
- Sudestada, Guatemala 5602 (corner of Fitz Roy). Asian fusion dishes from Thailand, Vietnam and Singapore. Exotic twists on Argentinean meats including beef, pork, and rabbit. Vegetarian friendly. Reservations recommended edit
- Miranda, Costa Rica 5602 (corner of Fitz Roya), ☎ 4771-4255. High-end but friendly parrilla shows off the best of Argentinean meat. Pasta dishes, grilled vegetables, and salads for the side or a meal. Meat dishes AR$30. edit
Stop at any cafe for a espresso, cafe con leche (milk) or cortado.
- Finisterra, 5190 Honduras (Corner of Uriarte - Palermo Soho), ☎ +54 11 4832-1240 ([email protected]), . 10AM-5AM. Finisterra on the corner of Uriarte and Honduras in Palermo viejo (towards Santa Fe) has an incredible European ambiance with good food and lots of newspapers and magazines to read. Also try the community center across the street named "Club Eros", after the local football club, that serves great lunches and dinners for ridiculously low prices (expect to pay 16 pesos for a steak). edit
Bars / Clubs
- Sonoman Bar y Resto Fitz Roy 1655 @ Honduras - Pretty hip and trendy bar with loads of Argentines dancing and drinking the night away till around 6AM on weekends (maybe later who knows). There's a restaurant as well as an outside area, but you can smoke inside and outside, so prepare!
- Bar Uriarte .
- Olsen Gorriti 5870. Argentinean and Scandinavian unite in this quintessential design-obsessed bar and restaurant. Come for the finely crafted furniture and oh-so-perfect lighting, stay for the Northern European inspired food and designer vodkas.
- Thelonious , Jerónimo Salguero 1884. For those jazz lovers, or anyone looking for a cool place to relax and listen high class jazz music, this is the place to be. From Wednesdays to Sundays after 9:30 PM they offer live jazz performers in a very nice environment. Call before going to ask for reservations: 4829 1562
- Bar Antares, Armenia 1447, ☎ (011) 4833-9611, . By far the best beer in Argentina in an interesting and fun location in the heart of Palermo. They have happy hours. edit
- Zizek Urban Beats Club , which was nominated “Best Party in Buenos Aires” by the nation’s largest newspaper, Clarín. It was established in order to showcase local talent along with international sounds and offers a platform for Argentina’s most unique and innovative DJs and musicians to showcase many different types of urban music including cumbia, hip-hop, dancehall, grime, electro, baile funk, and reggaeton. From its inception in 2006 Zizek has grown into an international phenomenon which has spawned a record label that has put out 6 albums since its SXSW appearance in March, 2008.
- Post Bar, Thames 1885. This bar with gallery is a fantastic place if you want to see what Buenos Aires has to offer in terms of street-art. It is painted all over. Don't hesitate to find your way to the rooftop! They also sell selected art works edit
The Palermo Soho/Viejo area is home to some of the trendiest small boutique hotels in Buenos Aires. These hotels offer the amenities of their larger international chain counterparts, plus a more personal style of service often at a fraction of the cost. In addition to hotels and hostels Buenos Aires is a place where furnished apartments can be a great luxury at a cheap price. Palermo is a popular area for many expats, and there are many stores that cater to just Americans in this part of Buenos Aires.
- +1 Hostel  Cabrera 4716 Palermo Soho A fun, relaxed hostel right near everything that makes Palermo Soho fabulous. The staff are nice, helpful and friendly, the hostel is clean, safe and comfortable, has a great common room and a terrace perfect for hanging out with new friends. A great location plus a great hostel!
- Bait Hostel (Palermo Soho), El Salvador 5115 (y Uriarte) (Nearest Subte Line D 'Plaza Italia'), ☎ +54 (11) 4774 2859, . checkin: 1PM; checkout: 11AM. This is a cozy, funky little place right in the heart of Palermo Soho, just a couple of blocks from Plaza Serrano. On a quiet side street, it has 9 comfortable rooms, private and dormitory and is well priced. It has internet (WiFi and fixed), a kitchen, a TV area, 24 hour bar and a relaxing patio area which hosts the weekly asado (BBQ). The friendly, helpful (and bilingual) staff can arrange trips, tours and classes and are present 24 hours a day. From US$10. edit
- Borges Design Hostel, Paraguay 4539 (A few blocks off Plaza Italia), ☎ +54 114774 6910, . Clean, kitchen, bar, small patio. ARS 30 (Dorm) - 90 (single with bathroom). edit
- Casa Alfaro Bed and Breakfast, Gurruchaga 2155 - Palermo Viejo, Buenos Aires Argentina, ☎ +5411-4831-0517, . Casa Alfaro B&B is an 11-room bed and breakfast located in Old Palermo. A large house with rooms named after the color of their walls, Casa Alfaro adds a touch of class and comfort to homey Argentinean accommodations. Best rates on official website start at US$35. edit
- Charlie´s Hostel, Darwin 825, Palermo Queens, tel: 4856-9852, Charlie´s Hostel. Cozy and fun hostel in Buenos Aires City. It is a relax and quiet hostel. They also work as Student Residence for long term stays. You can find services such as: daily breakfast, daily cleaning service, terrace with solarium, study room, wi fi internet, full equipped kitchen, tvs, dvds, cable tv, staff 24 hs, laundry, and more.
- Kapake Palermo Hostel, Paraguay 5570 - Palermo Hollywood (One block away from Ministro Carranza Subway and train station.), ☎ +5411-4773-1150, . checkout: 11:00. Kapaké is a brand new, modern hostel with a fresh modern design, sparkling new facilities, free wifi and breakfast, a huge TV and rooftop terrace, and large lockers. The staff is friendly, warm and helpful. A modern ,new hostel for budget travelers and backpackers. Members of Minihostels get 10% off each night. edit
- La Casa Fitz Roy Hostel: Fitz Roy 2461 ; tel: +54 (11) 4777-3454. (Station Palermo) Palermo Hollywood. This hostel has bed bugs and a violent owner, open areas, has free internet facilities and WiFi. sheets, kitchen and bathroom are filthy as there is no housekeeping, shared kitchen ;locker & Transfers & Spanish lessons (extra fee), dorm: 34/40 pesos (11.00 USD) members/nonmembers, Doubles (23 USD),Single (23USD). charges for towels, which come dirty. owner is theif. 
- Gecko , Tel +54 (11)4771 0910 Bonpland 2233 Gecko is a really fun, chill, safe hostel right in the middle of Palermo Soho, near all the best restaurants, shopping, bars, clubs, etc. The staff is young, helpful, friendly and very fun, and the weekend markets are just a few blocks away. The rooftop terrace is a great place to have bbq. Minihostels.com members get 10% off every night they stay. Very low rates but very safe and comfortable.
- Luba Tango +54 (11) 4831 2654 Gascon 1744. Cosy and comfortable bed & breakfast for tango lovers in Palermo Soho, Buenos Aires. The rooms, both with private and shared bathrooms are in an ample and luminous apartment. Individual suite with private bathroom u$s 30 per day. Single room with shared bathroom: u$s 26 per day. Double room with shared bathroom: u$s 45 per day. Wi-fi, cable tv, air condition/heating in all rooms.
- La Rocca Hostels . Two locations: Downtown at Ave Callao 341 and in Palermo at Ave Córdoba 3874. Safe, clean budget hostel. Complete with kitchens. Breakfast, wifi, internet and cleaning services all included in prices.
- Venite a Casa!, Costa Rica 5791 (In Palermo Hollywood), ☎ +54 (11)4776-2380, . checkin: 11; checkout: 10. Offers air conditioning in every room and a breakfast. WiFi, shared kitchen, TV, DVD, library, PCs, terrace, BBQ grill, housekeeping, lockers. edit
- Play Hostel (Hostel in Palermo, Buenos Aires), Guatemala 4636, Palermo, ☎ +5411-4832-4257 ([email protected]), . Just 6 blocks from Serrano Park and nearby Palermo Soho's chic cafes and shops, the hostel offers pop music-themed decor in a renovated colonial-style house. Massage session are available. Wi-Fi is free. A continental breakfast with regional jams and treats can be enjoyed at the patio, decorated with traditional colonial-style painted glass. Guests can also make use of the common kitchen to prepare their own meals. Rates start at 12 USD (Dorm for 10 people). edit
- Tango Lodge Palermo Soho, Fray Justo Santamaria de Oro 2047, ☎ 00 54 11 4554 6336 ([email protected]), . checkin: 12; checkout: 10. Tango Lodge is the first Real Tango Apart Hotel in Palermo Soho. It combines the services of a typical apart hotel with tango classes and a dancing space. All rooms have private bathroom, complete kitchennete and individual balconies. They are equipped with LCD TV, air conditioning, fridge, safety box, microwave, kitchen utensils, desk and queen / twin sommier. Tango classes are offered at a special price for guests. Usd 120 per night, including taxes, daily maid service and wi fi internet connection. edit
- The Clan House B&B website – is an excellent house located near by most touristic attraction (not far from the Obelisque) They have a nice terrace and lovelies common spaces. Breakfast is included (from 8am to 12pm) free access to Internet (WIFI) and the staff is very helpful. Good one!
- BA Soho Rooms, J.A. Cabrera 5004 2º B, ([email protected]), . Two Suites & Three Double Rooms with WiFi, Cable TV, AC. US$65/75 & US$35/45/55. edit
- Caserón Porteño Tango Guest House, Ciudad de la Paz 344, ☎ 00 54 11 4554 6336 ([email protected]), . checkin: 12; checkout: 10. An oasis in the city of tango, Caserón Porteño offers daily tango lessons, warm hospitality and charming accommodations in a tranquil garden setting. With only 10 rooms (all of them with private bathroom), this B&B located in Palermo neighborhood offers breakfast, free internet access, maid service and tango lessons. Rates from usd 50 to usd 95. (-34.574182,-58.441844) edit
- Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa, Guatemala 4364, ☎ 54-11-48320312"" ("[email protected]""), . checkin: 15; checkout: 12. This 4-star boutique hotel in Buenos Aires's historic Palermo Soho district offers individually designed rooms, free Wi-Fi, swimming pool, full spa facilities and easy access to the city attractions. Four blocks from the subway (Line D Green) and a few blocks from the heart of Palermo. Duque's wonderful staff is its best asset. They are ever patient and helpful in booking reservations and providing directions and advice in excellent English if needed. There is always someone at the front desk. edit
- Hotel Home Buenos Aires, Honduras 5860 - Palermo Hollywood, ([email protected]s.com), . An amazing modern yet warm boutique hotel that has won several design awards. Also contains a bar that is very popular on weekends and features DJs. Wonderful spa also on site. Wi-fi, cable TV, AC and breakfast are included in the price. US$100-225. edit
- Livian Guest House  Located in Palermo, sister hotel to the defunct Youkali Boutique Hotel. Breakfast and wifi, and significant focus on helping tourists get around.
- Magnolia Boutique Hotel, Julian Alvarez 1746, Palermo, ☎ 54 (11) 4867 4900 / 4901 ([email protected]), . This old house was restored, adapted and designed with all contemporary comforts, recovering the original flavor of Buenos Aires at the beginning of the 20th century. edit
- Hotel Costa Rica, . checkin: 15:00; checkout: 10:00. Hotel Costa Rica is a mid-range gem. It has a frendly, familiar vibe and simple yet clean rooms. The staff is friendly and helpful. 50-80 USD. edit
- Hostel Suites Palermo, Charcas 4752, ☎ +54 11 4773 0806 ([email protected]), . checkin: 14.00; checkout: 11.00. Hostel Suites Palermo offers an innovative way of accomodation that includes new design and comfort in Buenos Aires. It is located 15 min away from Buenos Aires downtown, in Palermo Soho, a neighbourhood full of cool designers, craftsmen, museums, fabulous restaurants, top bars and great nightlife, it is also close to public transportation. edit
- Godoy Cruz Suites, Godoy Cruz 2459, Palermo Soho, ☎ (+54911)35899620. checkin: 14 hs.; checkout: 12 hs.. 380 dollars weekly. edit
- Alpino Hotel, Cabello 3318, Barrio de Palermo, ☎ (54-11) 4802-5151, . All rooms have wardrobe, television, safe, minibar, heating, air conditioning and complimentary WiFi. Some of its facilities and services are cafe, garage, valet parking, crib or cot for kids, laundry and dry cleaning service. edit
The Splurges in this barrio are small, design conscious, boutique hotels and B&Bs.
- Palo Santo Hotel Buenos Aires, Bonpland 2275, Palermo, ☎ +54 11 5280 6100 ([email protected], fax: +54 11 5280 6100), . Palo Santo is a luxury boutique hotel located in trendy Palermo. The Hotel features unique vertical gardens. Guests will enjoy a comfortable, spacious and light-filled room with private balcony. Services: rooftop terrace with whirlpool bath, gym, spa, chef’s restaurant. edit
- Oasis Collections, ☎ +54 11 4777 3692 ([email protected]), . A portfolio of 180+ handpicked homes and apartments that include concierge service, full guest support and members club access. Recently awarded Top Villa Provider by Condé Nast Traveler. edit
- Ilum Experience Home, El Salvador 5726, Palermo Hollywood, ☎ +54 11 4776 8667 ([email protected]), . checkin: 12:00 pm; checkout: 10:00 am. An unique proposal inspired on Zen philosophy and Buddhism. edit
- Atempo Design Hotel, Arévalo 1564 - Palermo Hollywood, ☎ +(54 11) 5297 3333, . 20 suites and 8 lofts. edit
- Fierro Hotel Boutique, Soler 5862, Palermo Hollywood, ☎ +(54 11) 3220 6800 ([email protected]), . 27 spacious rooms, a spa area with a swimming pool, sauna for six people and an incredible view of Palermo, both from its relaxation areas and from its suites. A great restaurant with a private garden and an amazing wine cellar. edit
- Nuss Hotel, El Salvador 4916 - Palermo Soho, ☎ +(54 11) 4833-6222, . Once a classic Spanish-style convent, Nuss Buenos Aires Soho has been fully refurbished to become the most innovative premium hospitality option in Buenos Aires. Conveniently located in the trendy Palermo Soho area. WiFi, spa, sauna, gourmet dining, terrace pool. edit
- Palermo Hollywood Wine Suites, Ciudad de la Paz, ☎ +1 (954) 837-6068, . Brand new building in Palermo Hollywood, but not your typical tower experience. A very urban feel, these suites will make the best of your time in Buenos Aires, Argentina. By far the best part of the suites is the rooftop terrace. Torrentes Suite starts at US$65, the Malbec & Syarh Suites start at US$95. edit
- Soho All Suites, Honduras 4762, Palermo Soho, ☎ +54 (11) 4832-3000, . Soho All Suites provides 21 rooms with air-conditioning, Wi-Fi internet and mini-bar. Facilities and services include lounge, Jacuzzi Cafe, airport transfers and massage service. edit
- Synergie Hotel Boutique  Located in Palermo Soho. Offers stylish, modern rooms and suites, room service, Wi-Fi, and airport transfers.
- Vain Boutique Hotel, Thames 2226/8, . WiFi and Jacuzzis in Palermo Viejo. edit
- Palermitano, Uriarte 1648, Palermo, ☎ (054 11) 4897-2100, . All rooms have minibar, safe, WiFi, LCD television, iPod dock, telephone, Private toilet and bath. Some of its facilities and services are bar, restaurant, swimming pool, room service, 24-hour reception, Wi-Fi, car rental, nursery/child care and concierge. Rates start at USD 156.00. edit