Pest is the eastern side of the Danube River in Budapest, Hungary. See the main Budapest page to understand, get in, get around, see, do, and stay safe. See below for where to eat, drink, and sleep.
Belváros (Inner City), Lipótváros (Leopold Town) With the latter being north of the Inner City, they together form the V. district, the heart of Pest, including a number of major sights but also beautiful squares and cafés. Including the Parliament, a number of ministries and banking houses, Leopold Town is also a major political and industrial centre of the country. The name refers to the Habsburg Emperor Leopold I whose coronation to the King of Hungary in 1790 gave rise to the name of the then-new quarter.
Újlipótváros (New Leopold Town) The inner part of the XIII. district, just outside of the Great Boulevard north of Leopold Town with the marvellous Margaret Bridge at its corner, was built between the 1910s and 1930s. It is considered as one of the finest residential areas in Budapest with a relaxed, inviting atmosphere and a number of restaurants, cafés and small shops. It also comprises the Vígszínház (Comedy Theatre) and a few tiny off-mainstream cinemas. The quarter is traditionally home to a population with Jewish background as the activity of people such as Raoul Wallenberg, Giorgio Perlasca, and Carl Lutz was linked to this area (see history).
Terézváros (Theresa Town) VI. district. Among others, it contains Nyugati pu. (Western Railway Station), an architectural sight, and areas neighbouring districts V. and XIII. The then-developing quarter was named after a visit of Habsburg Empress and Queen Maria Theresa in 1777.
Erzsébetváros (Elisabeth Town) VII. District. While parts of it are not yet renovated, it contains the famous Synagogue in the Dohány street. The quarter was split off from Terézváros and asked for permission to be named after the wife of Franz-Josef I, popularly called Sisi, in 1882.
There are two areas packed with cafés, restaurants and disco clubs:
- Liszt Ferenc tér (next to Andrássy út, between Opera and Oktogon) has several trendy restaurants and bars popular with tourists and locals; it's a nice place to stroll around while choosing
- Ráday utca (starting from Kálvin tér), which is filled with restaurants. Busy and touristy.
- New York Kávéház, Erzsébet körút 9-11, ☎ +36(1)322-1648, . 9AM - Midnight. The renovated interiors here are over the top ornate, shiny and dazzling, thus making a favorite of tourists who love to take pictures and videos. The New York Cafe, like a lot of cafes before WWII, was a writer's haven. Destitute, but well-regarded local writers would often come to "work" first thing here in the morning, buy some coffee and write and chat with waitstaff and fellow writers all day until it was time to go home. edit
- Centrál Kávéház, Károlyi Mihály utca 9, ☎ +36(1)266-2110, . Centrál Kávéház is a very famous and historical high-end coffeehouse. edit
- Gerbeaud, Vörösmarty tér 7, ☎ +36(1)429-9000, . Budapest's most famous cafe, an incredibly ornate Rococo confectionary dating to 1858 and lavishly restored in 1997. It's also priced to match, but still reasonable value as the pastries, desserts and ice cream remain excellent. edit
- Dunapark Kávéház  - a very noble café-restaurant, originally opened in 1937, for enjoying a coffee or cake, some food, and live piano music. Situated in the pleasant, though less touristy quarter of Újlipótváros, District XIII.
- Govinda Great vegan/vegetarian restaurant in Budapest. You can choose from different menus everyday or just order separate dishes; moderately priced.
Govinda has two restaurants see maps at 
- Vigyázó Ferenc utca 4 | Central Pest
- Mon – Fri 11:30 – 20:00, Sat 12:00 – 21:00
- Edeni Vegan Cafeteria style restaurant, large portions, relatively cheap. Food may vary depending on day, time, and dishes chosen. Tofu goulash recommended. Staff is very helpful at explaining the dishes so ask what they are if you don't know. Note: CASH ONLY. There is an ATM at the bank across the street.
- Iskola Utca 31, 1011 -- Located in Buda, 1 block from Batthány tér metro station.
- +36 6203 0775 75
- Open Mon-Thur 8-21, Fri 8-18, Sun 11-19, closed Saturday.
- Hanna's Kosher Kitchen Features classic Hungarian food, but Kosher. VII., Dob utca 35. Tel.:+361 342-1072.
- Kinor David VII. Dohany utca (next to the big Dohány Temple) Tel. (+361) 413-7304 or 5.
There are Kebab shops on almost every corner. Kebabs cost 500-700ft (Summer 2013). Note that in Hungary, as is the case in the Balkans, they use the Greek name Gyros, for what is called Doner in some other European countries. They also have a nice selection of dishes inside that usually cost 1000-1500ft for a nice size plate with a side dish (fries, rice, etc). Great for people on a budget trying to avoid the international fast food chains.
- Frici Papa, Király utca 55, ☎ 061-351-0197, . weekdays from 11AM - 10PM Closed Sundays. Authentic Hungarian cuisine in the Jewish district. Menu includes Beef Goulash, Chicken Paprikash, Cucumber Salad and other traditional Hungarian food. They have a daily specials list that includes 20 things not on the menu (ask for the English list). Also, every day the have a 3 course Lunch menu for 990ft. No need for reservations but does get very busy with locals at lunch time. Don't wait to be seated, take an empty table and one of the waiters will come to your table. They all speak English, even if seems like it's a bother too. edit
- Govinda-Klub, Vigyázó Ferenc utca 4 (from the Chain Bridge exit into Pest, turn left into Apáczai u. then take the second right), ☎ +36(1)234-2388. weekdays from Noon - 9PM. Aaah, Hare Krisna, the saviour of vegetarians and budget-conscious travellers across Eastern Europe. Get your fill of tasty and very reasonably priced Indian and Italian dishes, ranging from soups (350 ft) to lasagna (500 ft) or sample a bit of everything with the set menu (1200 ft). The staff are helpful and some speak English. Highly recommended. edit
- Most Kortárs Bisztró, Zichy Jenő u. 17, . Bright, eclectic bar and restaurant with courtyard. Offerings include classic brunch fare, Hungarian standbys, and a smattering of Indian dishes. ~1000 to 2000 HUF. edit
- Pozsonyi kisvendéglő, Radnóti Miklós utca 38 (near Margaret bridge, corner of Pozsonyi út and Radnóti utca). Traditional Hungarian cuisine, cosy atmosphere - friendly staff, cheap and excellent menu. It's only a 15 minute walk from the Parliament in Ùjlipótváros quarter. Only a few steps from Kiskakukk Restaurant (s. there) as well as a number of other restaurants and bars in the surroundings. Beware: Large portions, only hungry people can eat two courses here. (800 - 1800HUF) edit
- Rákóczi Grill House, (Rákóczi utca 57 near the Keleti Train Station), . All you can eat for 2500ft (8.5EUR) Over 100 items including soups, goulash, cold and warm starters, salads, Hungarian main dishes, rough marinade meats, and desserts. Good traditional Hungarian food in a nice Buffet style restaurant. Slightly more on the weekends. edit
- Hummus Bar, Wesselényi utca 35, . daily 12.00-23.30. Best Falafel in Budapest, Vegan-friendly. They have multiple locations in the city. 900 - 2000 HUF. edit
- Arriba! Taqueria, Terez Krt. 25 (After Aradi st., one block northwest from Octogon), ☎ +36 1 374-0057, . A burrito restaurant. edit
- Stex, Jozsef korut 55-57 (at the corner of Street Baross and Boulevard Jozsef). Pub, restaurant and casino). Try for a good-quality, mid-range food. 1.000-3.000F. edit
- Berliner Pub, district IX, Ráday utca 5 (near Kalvin ter metro), ☎ 217-6757 ([email protected]), . 12PM-12AM. Try for high-quality, medium-budget food. Excellent service, fresh beer, huge meals. Recommended (Jan 2010). Mains up to 2600ft (Feb 2007). edit
- Fatál, Váci utca 67, ☎ 266-2607. Possibly the one place worth going to on Váci utca. Popular with tourists and locals alike, although advanced travellers report it's too touristy. Located in an atmospheric cellar, the foreboding name means "wooden platter" in Hungarian, and refers to the plates that the ridiculously huge portions are served on — an order of goose with dumplings, for example, will lead to an entire goose being deposited on your plate. Takeaway bags are provided on request if you can't finish it all. In solidly meat-eating Hungary, this is also one of the few places where you can sample vegetarian versions of dishes like goulash. Reservations are essential for lunch- or dinner-time visits. Prices have risen but remain affordable (main course 1500-2500 ft). edit
- Trofea - reasonable buffet - all you can eat and drink (beer, wine, champagne) for 4999 Huf (€ 18) on the weekends, lower prices during the week .
- Lugas, Szilágyi Erzsébet fasor 77, ☎ +36-1 225-3690. A nice, small, comfortable restaurant located on a main street in the II District. Close to the St. Stephen's (István) Basilica. edit
- Firkasz, (near Nyugati station). Small and cosy with great atmosphere (including walls cutely decorated with objects associated with the newspaper trade) and excellent Hungarian food and wine. edit
- Iguana. Mexican food, pretty decent, but but don't look for Southern California standards. Recommended that you reserve a table in advance. edit
- Magdalena Merlo restaurant, Király u. 59/b (near Academy of Music), ☎ +36(1)322-3278 ([email protected]), . 10AM-midnight. Straight-forward Italian restaurant. mains are under €10. edit
- Indigo, Jokai utca 13 (around the corner from the Opera House). Has excellent Indian food, with great options for vegetarians. edit
- Arany János utca (In the square in front of St. Stephen's Basicila.). The jewel piece of the chain. Often plays live music.
- Sas utca 11 (near the Basilica), ☎ +36(1)266-5248.
- Liszt Ferenc tér 10, ☎ +36(1)411-0915.
- Ráday útca 11, .
- Visegrádi utca 50/a, ☎ +36(1)340-3316.
- Váci út 1-3 (inside the WestEnd City Center mall), ☎ +36(1)411-0915.
- Gundel, Állatkerti út 2, ☎ +36(1)468-4040 ([email protected], fax: +36(1)363-1917), . The flagship of Hungarian gastronomy for decades. Jackets are mandatory for gentlemen in evening time, and dinner clothes are recommended. On Sundays, the restaurant serves a buffet brunch (11:30AM to 3PM, 5800 with drinks, 5000 without, +12% service charge - reservations recommended.) This is worth the price for the amazing dessert buffet alone. The restaurant is part of a holding including an own wine brand, and a line of delicacy products (cheese, goose liver, palinka and paprika). edit
- Kiskakukk, Pozsonyi út 12, next to Margaret bridge, between Katona Jozsef and Radnoti Miklos streets, ☎ 1/4500-829, . Traditional Hungarian cuisine, wonderful ambience - very friendly staff, excellent menu, good english spoken, wireless internet. Warm old bookshop/library feel but patrons of all ages - highly recommended. It is only 2 minute walk from the eastern end of Margaret Bridge. Stuffed cabbage excellent as were the meat dishes. Large portions HUF 7000 for 2 courses including beer and good house wine. edit
- Képiró, V. Képiró utca 3, ☎ +36(1)266-0430, . open weekdays from midday - 3PM, 6PM - midnight, Saturdays 6PM - midnight. Very modern Hungarian haute cuisine with some exotic influences. Excellent wine list, exclusively with Hungarian wines. The staff are very helpful, friendly and speak excellent English. Be aware that if asked for advice, they will unashamedly recommend their most expensive. Highly recommended, the food is delicious. edit
- Mátyás Pince, Március 15. tér 7, ☎ +36(1)266-8008, . Nice traditional food with good service in Budapest (rare in BP). Live Gypsy music most nights, close to Danube for a stroll after dinner. Under new management, heard good things since the change (May 2013) Mains 2800-4500ft and more (Feb 2007). edit
- Múzeum, Múzeum Körút 12 (near National Museum), ☎ +36(1)267-0375. Great place to try Hungarian cuisine and wines, although quite expensive. Old-style interiors, looks very much like a museum. Tourist mix: half are locals in evening dresses, another are tourists (even backpackers) driven here by travel guide books. Although service charge is already included on bill, waiters, piano player and even cloakroom attendant all expect tips and hint it heavily--at least from tourists unaccompanied by locals; possibly locals in your company can change their attitude. edit
- Easy Cooking Budapest, Vámház krt. 1-3., ☎ +36(30)3536100 ([email protected]), . 1 pm-5.30 pm. The most authentic Hungarian cooking class. The program starts with a market walk then follows a cooking class in a Hungarian home with a Hungarian teacher. Learn how to cook a four course traditional menu, then enjoy the lovely meal with your host. Try some great Hungarian wine and the Hungarian spirit, pálinka. 89 Euro/person. edit
Bars & Clubs
- Akvárium Klub, District V; Erzsébet tér 12, . In the very centre of Pest, right next to metro hub Deák ferenc tér, this bar and cultural centre is a pleasant spot to enjoy drinks on the outside terrace, sit on the stairs and listen to music, chill out - day or night. It offers concerts on the outside stage during summer, inside the rest of the year. Nice park above it. edit
- Beckett's Irish Pub, District VI; Liszt Ferenc tér 11, . Claims to be Budapest's only authentic Irish bar and restaurant. This place is renowned for its pricey drinks. edit
- CLOSED - Corvin Club, District VIII; Blaha Lujza tér 1-2. A techno club on the top floor of an old communist-era shopping mall.CLOSED SINCE 2018 edit
- Fat Mo's Music Pub, District V; Nyári Pál utca 11, . A music club and American-themed restaurant that has live music most nights of the week. edit
- For Sale Pub, District V; Vámház körút 2, . A country-style pub located at the bridgehead on Szabadság Bridge. Though small, it has two floors. They serve good food and many kinds of beers and have live music. Shelled peanuts come free with the beer and you can have fun throwing them around as littering the place is officially allowed. This pub has currencies and business cards of their past visitors ornamenting their walls. edit
- Fogasház/Instant, District VI; Akácfa u. 49-51. An alternative backyard bar/club spanning across multiple houses. Uptairs is LÄRM, a techno club (separate queue, not free entry) edit
- Kripta/Crypt Bar, District VII; Kertész u. 31, ☎ +36309908086, . Budapest's new authentic horror themed bar. A small basement pub with creepy decor, retaining some of the local regulars of the preceding establishment. Low prices, very friendly staff, rock/alternative music, but guests are encouraged to request songs. $. edit
- Morrison's, District V; 1055 Budapest, Szent István körút 11, ([email protected]). One of the biggest clubs in Budapest with six different dance floors. Many drink specials. edit
- Szimpla Kert, District V; Kazinczy ut. 14, . The most frequented ruin pub by tourists. The place is definitely worth visiting: good atmosphere, good music, great people and a very interesting location. edit
- Pub Crawl Budapest Pub Crawl Budapest An option to start the night to meet new people and have fun visiting some of the better pubs in Pest.
- Taste Hungary, District VIII; Bródy Sándor utca 9, . This cellar has tasting tables most days from noon - 8pm where one can speak with a sommelier and get a good recommendation for a bottle of Hungary's best or sit and relax at a table and enjoy glasses or flights of Hungarian wine along with some quality cheese and cold cuts. It is a great way to learn in depth about Hungarian wine and culture. edit
- Budapest Wine Tasting in Budafok, ☎ +36 20 488 5954 ([email protected]), . Visit a very long wine labyrinth and taste quality Hungarian wines from several Hungarian wine regions. Take a walk around the amazing 30 km long wine labyrinth, carved deep into a limestone hill with many historic attractions. it has been functioning as a wine cellar for more than 300 years, aging wines from different Hungarian wine regions. Learn about professional wine tasting. Get to know all you ever wanted about wine! edit
- DiVino, Szent István tér and Gozsdu Udvar, ☎ +36 20 488 5954, . A local franchise of wine bars with two good locations: on the square overlooking St. Stephen's Basilica and Gozsdu Udvar passageway. edit
- Budapest Private Accommodations, . Over 500 Options in Budapest from private rooms to entire homes. Prices start at around €10 a night edit
Pest has a huge number of backpacker hostels.
- Trendy Budapest B&B Hostel. Historical Old Town . V oktober 6 utca; d/q from €29/44; Free Wi-Fi, Free Breakfast, Deák Ferenc tér (Metro1-2-3) Bright, Stylish and spacious the rooms this apartment B&B live up to the name. Each room is individually decorated, with designer wallpaper and pinks, reds and crems predominating.
- 1 ST Hostel  +36-20-915-1029. Cheap hostel, central location, for special request large groups accepted even for 8-15 person
- Jump In hostel  +36-20-554-2273. Cheap prices, central location.
- Centralhostel . Karoly korut 16. Tel. +36-20-262-7381. Very central location, near the metro station astoria and the Danube river. Hostel and separated apartments with bathroom and kitchen.
- 2night Hostel . 22. Szt. Istvan krt. Tel. +36-30-388-7116. Direct train access from airport Terminal 1. Big rooms, no bunk beds, free breakfast, free Internet. Formerly known as 2night Home or 2night Privates hostel. Offers spacey double rooms and dorms.
- King's Hotel Budapest. Nagy Diófa utca 25-27. Tel. +36 1 352-7675. King's Hote Budapest is a cheap city center hotel. Renovated 19th century building in the heart of Budapest with a lively warm atmosphere, located in the Old Jewish quarter, close to the Opera House. Offers single, double, triple and family rooms.
- Aboriginal hostel. Bródy sándor utca 46. Tel. (+361)2668646, . Next to the National Museum in the city centre. Staff very helpful and speak very good English.
- Acehostel , Vaci utca 46. Tel. +36-20-565-8794. Private rooms , one corner from the walking street and second block from Danube. Small hostel and apartments surrounded by pubs and restaurants.
- Amigo hostel, tel. +36-20-332-6322, . Offers cheap, quality accommodation in the heart of Budapest, Hungary. Prices from €10 person/night. Private ensuite rooms. Take look at the hostel’s design & low prices.
- Astorihostel . Karoly korut 16. Tel. +36-20-588-5556. Also near the metro station astoria and the Danube river Hostel and separated apartments with bathroom and kitchen.
- Astoria City Hostel . Rakoczi ut 4.. Tel. +36-1-266-13-27. Right at the metro station Astoria in the hearth of Budapest offering dormitories, private rooms and apartments.
- Aventura Boutique Hostel, 1132 Visegrédi str.12. Door bell:5 , tel: 0036-1-239-0782, [email protected], , checkin/out is flexible, 14-18EUR. Uniquely designed, intimate, cosy environment. Great place to stay. From here most of the sites are within walking distance, otherwise metro and tram are a few minutes walk away. Very enthusiastic and helpful staff, clean and nicely decorated rooms, bathrooms and kitchen. Good breakfast and free internet.
- Basilicahostel , +36-20-915-1039. Cheap , central, private. Private ensuites near St. Stephan cathedral
- Boomerang Hostel and Apartments, Bank utca 7. Tel. +3630-4792971,  Prime downtown location, quality services, moderate prices. Multi-bed rooms, private rooms and apartments available. Very close to the riverside, Parliament, St. Stephens’s Basilica and many more sights. The manager is very helpful with giving information about points of interest.
- Budapest Museum Central , +36-1-266-7868. Central, view onto the National Museum, all rooms with private bathroom. Some rooms with jacuzzi.
- Calypso Chillout Hostel Rakoczi ut 53, doorbell 22. Tel. +36-30-723-3203, . Brand new hostel with friendly atmosphere where you can chill out. Spacious dorms and fun staff who show you around Budapest. Walking distance from the Keleti train station. If the hostel is full, staff will make you a cup of tea or coffee and let you use the internet to find another hostel.
- Carpe Noctem Hostel Szobi utca 5. Tel. +36-20-365-8749, . Carpe Noctem is the perfect hangout and base for single travellers and young, sociable people who want to be part of an interactive and lively hostel experience as well as maximising the city in the day time and seizing the night when the sight seeing has ended.
- Central Hotel 21, Mária utca 10, 8th district center side . In a quiet, renewed area of Budapest near to Blaha Lujza tér (metro station). The centre can be reached in 5 minutes walking.
- Come Inn hostel, 1132 Váci út, 32, 1st floor. The come inn is located across from Westend shopping centre and just down the street from the western railway station. This place provides free coffee and tea all day long. There are free lockers in the room. Internet access is available. Laundry on site for a fee. Access through a courtyard, but be quiet out there at night.
- Diáksport hostel, dózsa györgy út 52, tel. 340-8585. Flagship of budapests largest hostel chain. Huge and impersonal, but a good way to meet other backpackers. Dorm beds expensive at 3000 ft, tiny private rooms better value at 3300 ft and up (per person). Nothing much to see nearby, but near m3 Dózsa György út station.
- Diamondhostel  +36-20-565-8794. Cheap hostel, near the walking area.
- easyHotel.com  Eotvos utca 25/a. Cheap hotel, with all the basic facilities, near the Oktogon square. Close to metro station Oktogon and to the Terror House Museum.
- Friends Hostel Budapest, Haris koz 2. (at Vaci street) (3rd floor) (5th district) . Very well located small hostel in a walking street. Cheap prices: dorm from: 2 000 HUF (8 euro)/person/night, dbl from: 3.000ft /person/night; clean, well equipped, friendly staff.
- Green Bridge Hostel, . Central location, super cheap dorms in the winter, no bunk beds, unlimited free tea and coffee.
- Home to Home Hostel  Tel: 003620/546-2942 Affordable prices, very clean and a great place to stay: excellent location - near the chain bridge, comfortable beds and helpful owners.
- Imperio Max hostel. 13/a Lonyay utca. Tel. +36-612-162-816. Inexpensive backpacker accommodation starting at €6 per night (in off season, €12 in peak), central location near all major attractions, free internet, cable television, no curfew or lockout, fully equipped kitchen, huge selection of DVDs, friendly staff, and lots of fun.
- Lemon Joe Hostel and Guest House has three different locations. Standard studio apartment in downtown starts from €30 and up. Free wi-fi, cable TV, linen, and towels.. Tel: +36 20 595 1905.
- Locomotive light hostel, Baross ter 2. . The hostel is in the downtown area, just a stone throw from the main international train station called keleti pu. Surrounded by lots of pubs, restaurants, cafes, nightclubs, a post office and 24 hour grocery shops.
- Manzard Pension Bláthy ottó u. 21 Phone +36 - 20 460-2134 [email protected]  located in a quiet, green suburban area of Budapest near to Népliget (park). The centre can be reached in 5 min. By car or 15 min. by bus or underground.
- Maverick Hostel Ferenciek ter 2.  Clean hostel with friendly English-speaking 24-hour reception. Free coffee, tea, WiFi, internet terminals, and calls to most US landlines via Skype phone. Shared kitchen. Dorms and private rooms with and without ensuite bath.
- Mellow mood Marco Polo hostel in Nyar utca  staff not particularly welcoming or helpful. Very clean and well maintained. Expensive compared to other hostels in the area. Easy to find. Internet access was very expensive (250ft/half hour) in the portal. Excellent buffet breakfast included. You do not have to stay: the breakfast can be purchased on its own for 460ft per person.
- MyPlace Bed 'N More, Katona Josef utca 17, Very helpful staff, amazing atmosphere, reasonable prices. Near the train station.
- Origohostel . Nador utca 34. Tel. +36-20-265-05-78. Near the metro station Kossuth square, Parliament and the Danube river. Cosy, clean budget accommodation for up to 14 persons
- Peppermint Hostel Dohány utca 47, +36 30 851-5510, Free WiFi, free laundry, free computer usage, and is one of the cleanest hostels in Europe. It was opened only in 2008, and a dorm room is only about €7. It has a great location and great atmosphere. The owner, Hyun, will help you in any way you need.
- Pesto Hostel . Veres Pálné utca 16, 3rd floor. Tel. +36705918530. Near metro stations Ferenciek tere, Kálvin tér and Astoria. Free WiFi, fully equipped kitchen.
- Red bus hostel, v Semmelweiss utca 14, 1st floor. Spacious dorm rooms with comfortable beds, a full kitchen where you can cook your own food. Dorm beds go for about 2700ft. Red bus also has another location farther north, it can be reserved from the main building.
- Station guesthouse, near Keleti train station, . This happening joint sees a constant stream of backpackers from around the world; a small bar and a common area with a pool table and couches mean that every night has the potential to become something of a party. If you don’t mind the noise, the friendly staff and guests will likely make your stay very enjoyable. Accommodation includes 4 and 8 bed dorm rooms with generous locker space and balconies.
- FunkNBunk Hostel Budapest Rozsa Utca 72. Tel. +36 (1) 608 4409 [http://www.funknbunk.com. [email protected] FunkNBunk Budapest is the most unique hostel in Budapest. Offering 'ruin pub' vibes with a large chilled out common room and sociable community vibes.
- Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest (Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest), Terez Korut 43, 1067 Budapest, Hungary, ☎ +36-1-889 3900 ([email protected], fax: +36-1-889 3915), . Between the shopping and business districts, this hotel’s location in Budapest city centre is only 23 kilometres from Budapest Airport and a short walk to the nearest train station. Guests can easily access both local and regional attractions, including the State Opera House, Lake Balaton and the wine-making cities of Badacsony, Tokaj and Eger. edit
- K+K Hotel Opera (K+K Hotel Opera), Révay utca 24, 1065 Budapest, Hungary, ☎ +36-1-269 02 22 ([email protected], fax: +36-1-269 02 30), . The location is exceptional: like most of the city’s other tourist attractions, the shopping and pedestrian zone “Váci utca” is just a short walk away, while the “Opera” underground station is right next door to the hotel. edit
- King's Hotel,  Nagy Diofa utca 25-27, renovated 19th century building in the heart of Budapest with a lively warm atmosphere.
- Leo Panzió, [1053 Budapest, Kossuth Lajos u. 2/A, tel: (36-1) 2669-041, fax: (36-1) 2669-042. Centrally located near Váci utca, this is a small, friendly and modern three-star hotel. It has air conditioning essential in summer. Take time to savour the ancient and ornate lift. Rooms €49 and up.
- Radio Inn, Benczúr u. 19, tel. 142-8347, . Small 3-star apartment hotel in a quiet upscale neighborhood, within easy walking distance of City Park. Rooms €43.00 and up.
- ABC . Karoly korut 16. Tel. +36-20-565-87-94. Near Astoria metro station ,central, clean budget accommodation
- Deak . Asboth utca 17. Tel. +36-20-478-14-23. Only 100 m from metro station Deak 2 star.
- Lion's Garden Hotel Budapest . Cházár András utca 4. Tel. +36-1 / 273-2070. The hotel has a large wellness area. From € 69 pp.
- Parkinn by Radisson Budapest (Parkinn by Radisson Budapest), Szekszárdi utca 16-18, 1138 Budapest, Hungary, ☎ +36-1-688 4900 ([email protected], fax: +36-1-699 49015), . The Park Inn by Radisson Budapest lies in the heart of Budapest’s business district and welcomes both business travelers and tourists. Enjoy the city’s beautiful architecture, the wonderful views of the city centre and the hills of Buda as well as the cultural diversity of Hungary’s capital. Public transport is within walking distance of the hotel and the metro line three, which has a stop close to the hotel, takes guests to the city centre within a few minutes. edit
- Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace is a stunning reconstruction of this Art Noveau masterpiece. Located in central Pest, it faces the beautiful Chain Bridge, the Danube and the Castle Hill. Its restaurant and cafe are amongst Budapest's finest, and well worth visiting in their own right.
- Grand Hotel Royal and SPA. A symbol of history, culture, architecture and the tradition of hospitality opens its doors in all its original splendour as Corinthia Grand Hotel Royal. First opened in 1886, the Royal Spa has been beautifully restored to its original splendour and now offers the latest state-of-the-art spa facilities and treatments.
- Hotel Andrassy Budapest, Andrássy út 111, H-1063, ☎ +36 1 462 2100 ([email protected], fax: +36 1 322 9445), . checkin: 14.00; checkout: 12.00. Luxury boutique hotel in the rare Bauhaus style, located in the Budapest´s Embassy district. 61 rooms, 7 suites, the exquisite La Perle Noire Restaurant and Lounge are lookin forward to your arrival. Business and meeting facilities, gourmet breakfast and much more. 80 – 155 € per double room. edit
- Residence Isabella Budapest, Izabella u. 61, 1064, ☎ +36 1 4755900 ([email protected], fax: +36 1 4755902), . checkin: 15.00; checkout: 12.00. Upscale residence located near the UNESCO World Heritage Site – Andrássy Avenue – and near the Budapest Business Centre, West End business district and the Governmental area. 38 fully equipped suites with kitchen, living room and dining room, fitness centre, sauna, infrasauna, underground parking, children´s corner. 80 – 279 € per double room. edit
- Apartment Sinko  Nice and cheap, 2 bedrooms apartment with balcony in the centre of Budapest, in the historical VII. district, for 1-4 persons with free Internet access and with cheap/free parking.
- Apartment Akacia Quality, 2 bedrooms apartment with free parking and inside garden, next to the centre (14.distr.,Zuglo, Pest side) quiet area, WIFI, for 2-5 persons, direcly by the owner.
- Stefi Apartment  One-bedroom holiday rental close to City Park, Széchenyi Thermal Baths and downtown. Short term rental up to 4 people for low budget.
- 7Seasons Apartments, Budapest, Király utca 8. 6th district, downtown Budapest, near to Andrássy Boulevard and Deák Ferenc Square, Tel: +36 20 258 2293, . Quality one and 2-bedroom apartments right in the city centre, close to the most famous touristic and world heritage sites with free broadband Wi-Fi internet access, TV, DVD and every amenities a traveler would need whether exploring Budapest as a tourist or visiting the city on business.
- Apartment St.Michael, Janos utca 75, 16th district, Tel: +36-20-9459-401, . High-standard 90 square meters apartment with garden, free WIFI Internet access and air-conditioning. Family friendly place with parking in the court, electric car charger, small garden and terrace. Prices: 45-85 EURO/apartment/night (2-6 people, price depends on number of guests)
- Arcadia Apartment, Eotvos ut, 6th District. Near Nyugati train station and Oktogon. tel. +36-30-612-5826, fax. (36-1)302-3548, [email protected]  Spacious, comfortable accommodation in some of Budapest's best central locations. Broadband internet connection in each room and satellite TV, DVD, washing machine, Jacuzzi. Air conditioning. 45-60 EUR/night. Be advised they may arbitrarily change their policy on the security deposit they require and insist you pay them more even after you already booked and paid a deposit.
- Budapest Apartment 4, Kertesz utca , 30, 7th District, . Near Nyugati train station and Oktogon. tel. +36-30 894 2069, , [email protected] Budget accommodation in the city center, in a nice two bedroom apartment. &eur;15/person.
- Hungary apartment, Budapest , Sip u 5. 7th district, downtown Budapest, steps from main synagog Dohany. Accommodation price is only €30 / night. Tel: +36 20 478 14 23.
- Budapest Apartments with WiFi and A/C , Iranyi str. 21, 5th district. Available for short term rent from €50 apt/nt. +36-20-332-89-52.
- Golden Stars Budapest Apartments , Vaci Utca 84, 5th district, downtown Budapest, steps from the river Danube and Old Market Hall. ☎ +36-70-419-38-84. Accommodation price is from €50 apt/nt.
- Hercegprímás apartment, Budapest , Hercegprímás street 9. 5th district, downtown Budapest, steps from the St. Stephen (István) Cathedral. Accommodation price is only €32 / night. Tel: +36 30 267 32 79.
- Locust Tree Apartment, Akacfa utca 12, +36 70 394 2651 (City center, close to Blaha Lujza ter station)  Warm, cozy 3 bedroom apartments located in the city center. All flats are fully furnished, with kitchen, TV, shower, 2 separate rooms and can accommodate up to 4 people for 45 eur / night.( Skype : search4.hu ), (Messenger: [email protected])
- Szikra House, 1044 Budapest Tomori u. 5, ☎ +36-20-33-73-398 ([email protected]), . checkin: 14.00; checkout: 11.00. A nice private pet friendly apartment with free Internet access. 2 bedrooms, free parking. 40 €. edit
- Bikercamp Camping & Pansion, Benyovszky Móric utca 40, ☎ +36 1 3337059 ([email protected], fax: +36 1 3034438), . checkin: 12; checkout: 12. 2 double bedroom, and 1 triple bedroom. Run by a biker since 1991, the campground is near the M3 subway station of Népliget. Offers showers, a pub, and laundry service. Free parking. €10/person. edit
- Camping Haller, Budapest **, Haller utca 27., Budapest, 1096, ☎ (+361) 476-3418, Mobil: (+36) 20-367-4274 ([email protected]), . 5 €/person/night, 9 €/tent/night, 13 €/camping car/night. Free car parking. LAT 47.475833 LON 19.082916. editCentral campsite. Underground 700m. Tram, food stores and shopping mall close by. Free use of electricity, washing machine, hot-cold shower, WiFi and information pack. Every 4th night is free.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!